My Two-Face Costume Documentation Thread

Batmanuel2099

Civilian
Reaction score
Hey guys, just a little something I´m working on and I wanted to share to you all.

Ok so here I´m experimenting with the mouth piece to make that cool effect.
100_5068.jpg

I got the idea from a video on YouTube but I made some modifications so it´s more movie accurate.

As well, I´m here messing around with some masking tape to make the eye affect.
100_5078.jpg

I´m, going to use medical tape on Halloween so it’s more lasting.
100_5082.jpg

I´m trying to do some movie accuracy, with a little low budget and some rudimentary (and experimental) materials but the result is starting to look good to me.
I´ll keep updating.
Happy Halloween everyone!

So here I’m spray painting my little (crappy) toy gun that I got from a dollar store
100_5089.jpg

Like in the movie Harvey has a Revolver. So I looked for a toy shaped revolver and then worked my magic on it.

100_5092.jpg

It´s (obviously) smaller than a regular size revolver but I prefer it that way than to get mistaken for a real gun in the main event. (Ignore the black/red paint over fabric, that´s for another topic).
100_5142.jpg

Again I´m not trying 100% accuracy like in the Joker thread, you guys are a bunch of crazies but in a cool way. :whatever:
Salud!!!

A little update. (It’s been like what, 5 minutes? XD)
So here I´m showing of some of the materials I´ll be working with on the costume, of course all are my idea of how the costume should be done. There were no tutorials online or anything, just looking to other peoples Two Face costume and picking up the good ideas and dropping the bad ones.
100_5103.jpg

This is just to show the clothing that I´m going to use for the costume.
100_5093.jpg

100_5096.jpg

100_5097.jpg

Sadly is not 100% accurate as the one Aaron Eeckhart wears but it looks good enough for me and besides is the only one I have that I can **** with XD!
Not much to tell here just pictures.
Here is a fabric I bought similar to the real thing to mess around and test the paint and materials for the burnt effect.

No blow torch on ma´ porch, pure arts and crafts.:awesome:

100_5143.jpg

Ahhh NOW whe are getting to something!:woot:

It´s fuking AWESOME!!!

Salud ahiiii!!!!

Hi´ya toonsters!
This time I bring the cast I´m doing for my face so I can make a mold of my...am, face. XD
100_5123.jpg

100_5126.jpg

100_5134.jpg

100_5164.jpg

100_5169.jpg

I´m doing this so when the mold is done, I´m going to use some modeling material on the burnt side of the face and work around the most infected areas so it to stays as part of the main mold.
Then I´ll be using liquid latex to form the pieces of the burnt face and then glue them on my face with spirit gum, and then apply the makeup.
Alas that´s the idea, I´m still waiting for the cast to solid dry.
I´ll update on that as soon as the cast is ready.

"[FONT=&quot]You either die a hero... or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain[/FONT]." Harvey Dent.

Ok so this is IT!!!

What a lot of people have been waiting for, the burnt suit!:wow:

100_5155.jpg

100_5156.jpg

100_5157.jpg

100_5161.jpg

100_5162.jpg

It came out so ****ing awesome, I love it!
At first my friends where all skeptical because Two-Face from The Dark Knight is really hard to pull off and they were all ¨You should try a generic Two-Face¨ or ¨How about Batman TAS Two-Face or Batman Forever´s¨ and I´m like HELL NO!
I have been planning this costume for a whole YEAR! (Seriously I have)
And a whole year of research, testing materials and drinking I have finally done it, and It´s turning out so ****ing great.

I´ll post more updates latter on the week. I´m still missing some materials but nothing that can´t be done fixed by Monday morning.
My friend who is going to apply my makeup just told me there is going to be a Nurse Joker on the Costume Party we’re going on Saturday night, so It´s going to be hilarious!
Hell I´m so ****ing excited about this!
Cheers everyone!!!

Your Two-Face costume is coming along great! Look forward to your updates. I'm one of the crazy Joker's going for accuracy and understand the work that needs to even be attempted for a TDK Two-Face. Keep up the good work! :)

Have to say that is some impressive stuff, your definatly going to be winning any Halloween costume party competitions you enter if it looks as impressive as it does now in development :up:

Great job on the costume so far, especially the damage to the suit! I can't wait to see your finished product!

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate all the support.
I am really excited about this costume and yes, I’m planning for the win!
On Halloween early in the afthernoon I´ll go to a small con just to linger around and take pictures, then latter that night I´ll go to a costume party from my university and then I´ll go to a couple of bars and discos and walk around for some booze and cash prices till dawn.
I´ll update tomorrow.

Cheers and thanks again!

Looking good mate! :D

"Harvey Dent never made it home..."

It's because you kidnapped him!!!! :p ;)

Looking good mate! :D

"Harvey Dent never made it home..."

It's because you kidnapped him!!!! :p ;)

Thanks man, It means a lot to me.

Tomorrow I´ll update on some little things that I got for the costume, I have most of the items needed.

Still missing the wig but I´ll get that one tomorrow.

Cheers to everyone and thanks again!

Se´ya around!

Hey there everyone!

Here again with some updates.

So this is the mold of my face that I will use to make the disfiguration with modeline and liquid latex, I´ll update on that latter tonight.
100_5177.jpg

Here I have some of the materials I´ll use for the makeup.
100_5175.jpg

The famous Harvey Dent like wig (a friend of mine actually said It does look like Dent´s).
100_5184.jpg

And yeah the pose was done on purpuse! XD
The shirt I´ll use and latter do the burnt effect, as well as the pants.
101_0214.jpg

100_5172.jpg

Here I have another picture of the back of the coat because I gave it a second hand on the burnt effect.
101_0212.jpg

And last It´s me!!!!
100_5187.jpg

I´ll update latter tonight for the final preparations for tomorrow’s big event.

Cheers!

Dude, that's flippin' awesome! I can't wait to see how you look. I plan to be Two-Face for next year's Halloween.

Great job on the costume so far, especially the damage to the suit! I can't wait to see your finished product.
Best Two-Face costume ever.
:2face:

Happy Halloween everyone!!!:awesome:

Ok I know I´m a little late but yesterday was hectic for me because I started makeup around 11 of the AM and my lips got a little swollen by that little gizmo I made XD

So fo future references, If you are planing to go as Two-Face and use a Q-Tip taped to a Rubber Band and have it for more than 17 hours, then Your frigging lip will get swollen!!!!!:doh:

Any ways, I´m in a little hurry because I have a little party at my father´s and then latter tonight an ¨afther halloween party¨with my pals so I wont be able to update untill tomorrow.

That´s why I will skip the step by step (for now) on how to do Two-Face so I can give to you the final product of my year desire!:wow:

And, here we GO!

Whait he doesnt say that.

XD

101_0366.jpg

101_0367.jpg

101_0282.jpg

101_0335.jpg

101_0327.jpg

There you have it!

Happy (latte) Halloween and see´ya next year!

Or un a couple of days I still have to post the unposted updates.

XD

Cheers anyway!!!

Love it, GJ man!

Was a little worried about how that mouth device would work out. Looks horribly uncomfortable. Looks like it was worth it though.

Hey there everyone!

So I know I skipped on the updates to the final product but I´ll keep on posting for those who would like some references on how I did my Two-Face costume.

So here we have the mold and I´m applying some modeline to form the scars of the burnt face.
101_0215.jpg

101_0218.jpg

Then after they are done, I applied the liquid latex on it and gave it a couple of coating and let it dry.
101_0224.jpg

101_0236.jpg

While waiting for it to dry I did the burnt effect on the shirt.
101_0243.jpg

101_0261.jpg

101_0266.jpg

After a couple of minutes the latex dried and it turned in to a plastic kind of mask.
101_0240.jpg

I put the little mouth piece (that hurt a little bit) and the medical tape for the mouth and eye effects.
101_0248.jpg

Then the applying on me started.
101_0257.jpg

[FONT=&quot]The rest coming up next![/FONT]

The rest it´s pretty much explanatory.
101_0263.jpg

101_0268.jpg

101_0273.jpg

101_0278.jpg

101_0281-1.jpg

DSC09415.jpg

DSC09420.jpg

DSC09418.jpg

DSC09421.jpg

[FONT=&quot]And a little side notes.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The mouth piece does hurt a bit and after almost 16 hours with it I couldn’t stand it anymore, it was a shame because I loved how the whole costume turned out and yes I still have my lip a little swollen but nothing to worry about.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]With the latex covering my ear I was deaf from the burnt side so I always had to be on the right side for someone to speak to me.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]With the burnt side of the coat my mobility was a little of so I couldn’t do sudden moves or anything only the basic to grab my gun and my coin and toss it any now and then.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]At first the neck area started pealing down because we only applied paint and not latex but that was latter fixed when we headed back from the con and on to the costume party.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The result worked a hell of a lot better than the first neck attempt.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]With the mouth piece in place I had to figure a way to drink and the fun thing was that it always looked like in the movie when Harvey is at the bar, I spilled all the time! [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And no I couldn’t eat at all![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]That´s why I stuffed myself early in the morning. And waited until I got my makeup off to grab a snack, like around 3:30 AM.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]So there you have it guys, finally I have done it and I am pleased with the result.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Any questions and inquiries of how to do something don’t hesitate to ask or PM me.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Cheers everyone and see you all next Halloween! [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Salud ahiii!!!!!![/FONT]

Great job, Batmanuel! The complete outfit with the suit, prosthetics, & wig is fantastic! Job well done!

Also, kudos to you for being able to tolerate your mouth being pulled open all day! I don't know how you stood it!

Very nice! How exactly did you do the mold? What materials, steps, etc?

I'm curious as I want to go as Harv next year for Halloween.

WOW!!! that is so intense! It is absolutely amazing! I am so glad you did this! ROCK ON MY FRIEND. this rules balls. I went as Scarecrow from Batman Arkham Asylum. Feel free to check it out!

1257662794.jpg

halloween09126.jpg

my wife went as Harley Quinn.

halloween09120.jpg

WOW!!! that is so intense! It is absolutely amazing! I am so glad you did this! ROCK ON MY FRIEND. this rules balls. I went as Scarecrow from Batman Arkham Asylum. Feel free to check it out!

1257662794.jpg

halloween09126.jpg

my wife went as Harley Quinn.

halloween09120.jpg

Really late to this, but looking to do this costume for Halloween this year! Would love to know how you did the suit burn design in more detail. Would really appreciate any guidance

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"