Sequels MY X4... The Government Strikes Back

GL1

It's pronounced "glee"
Reaction score
Basic Premise: With mutant outbursts rising, mutants gaining their powers and creating terrible tragedies that rock the nation, America commissions its own mutants to take care of the crises, subjugate the X-Men and take down the leftovers of the Brotherhood of Mutants

The X-Men
Movie starts with graduation of Iceman, Colossus, Rogue and Kitty, among others, from Xavier's Institute. Of course, it is implied, many of their classmates leave, but the X-Men stay, and perhaps start teaching younger kids.

Storm (Halle Berry) Headmistress of Xavier Institute, and regal leader of the X-Men, often does incredible things with weather from great distance, mediates in Cerebro to figure out "what Charles would do."

Iceman (Shawn Ashmore) Field Commander of the X-Men, a bit colder, and cooler, now wants the Rogue that doesn't want him anymore, becomes boldly commanding.

Colossus (Daniel Cudmore) X-Man, artist, gentle giant, a very encouraging guy enamoured of Kitty, and has been for a while.

Shadowcat (Ellen Page) X-Man, passionate, compassionate falls out with Bobby, tags along with Wolverine when he tries to steal away.

Psylocke (Ziyi Zhang) sudden rebirth ala Ultimate and X3 Prof X... silent and cold slowly becomes an X-Man by the end. Seems scarred, but the rest of the team helps her pull herself together and fight the good fight.

Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) Loose cannon X-Man, back to badass (as opposed to being a wannabe Cyclops). Growls and kills and is the most amazing action figure you can think of. True Wolverine.

Support cast not offical X-Men (it doesn't mean they don't use their powers):

Rogue (Anna Paquin), still regaining powers, slowly, adjusts well, but longs to do more.

Angel (Ben Foster), a very friendly student, an anchor for Psylocke, a really really nice guy that comes in for another nick of time save in the end.

Gambit (Johnathan Rhys Meyers), a street mutant, who seems to keep getting caught up in this madness. Complains, tries to sweet talk Rogue, remembers Storm and blows up things with Style.

Jubilee (Kea Wong), fun and funny party animal girl, sparkly powers that she shows off...

The X-Force-- A new branch of the military, with Unit 01, the "X-Factor", run by the unerringly efficient Valerie Cooper ()... uniforms are black fatigues with "Formal" Uniforms (and theme music) similar to those of other divisions of the Armed Forces. R&D is done by codename Forge (Lou Diamond Phillips) who, is later outed as a mutant.

Alex Summers, codename Havok (Paul Walker): Leader, brother of Cyclops, blames X-Men for his death. Gives orders to enemies and blows them away if they don't comply.

Lorna Dane, codename Polaris (Rachel Leigh Cook): Brilliant career woman, quetionable parentage, loves Havok, excellent with magnetics, favors small surgical moves over grand shows of power.

Jamie Madrox, codename Multiple Man (Eric Dane): convict working off time, acts as Unit 01's shock troops, smart mouthed ones, at that.

Emma Frost, codename White Queen (Rachel McAddams): Has shadowy purposes, flaunts herself, charms many, is a talented mentalist and typically works in support, Hellfire club connection is only hinted at, but not touched on here.

Lucas Bishop, codename Bishop (Derek Luke): Is also mysterious, claims he's here because he "wants to be a part of history in the making," origin (and time travel connection) remain unknown. Excellent soldier.

President (Josef Sommer): Unaware at first of the whole plot
Bolivar Trask (Bill Duke): Apparently puts X-Factor on aggressive track.

Nathaniel Essex (Ralph Fiennes): New Secretary of Mutant Affairs sets X-Factor on collision course with the X-Men and is responsible for the acquiring and creation of Genosha, does things without the president knowing.

Brotherhood Of Mutants: Remnants in hiding, perform an act or two, are revitalized at the end when Mystique, repowered, reveals herself.
Lead by Pyro (Aaron Stafford), as a passionate, if underfunded leader
Stacie X (Rosario Dawson), chaming "pheromone" Brotherhood Groupie
Sabertooth (Tyler Mane) returning as a great enforcer
Toad (Ray Park), returns to ask questions to help explore the Brotherhood's motives
Juggernaut (Vinnie Jones), is a bit of a loose cannon, but still helpful

Mutant Explosions:
Robert Dacosta (Hunter Gomez), big giant fire takes out city blocks early in the movie...
Sam Guthrie (Freddie Highmore), rockets off through the air, uncontrollably for a destructive chase scene...
Alison Blair (Jessica Simpson HAHAHA), concert turns into a mob in panic...
Fabian Corez (Milo Ventimiglia), has power-heightening powers, joins a Magneto cult called Acolytes and is caught up in the final events heighteing both X-Men and X-Force powers for devestating results on a grand scale.

Basic Story:
The Government, in the wake of the Bronx tragedy with would-be-sunspot, mutants have a tough go again, and the Government responds with their own mutant strike force. As this group conflicts with the X-Men it comes to light that the X-Force is securing (or killing) mutants and moving them to the island of Genosha, a U.S. Territory, where a forced mutant society exists. The X-Men battle to save the dangerous mutants, protect Muir Island, chase down the Brotherhood and battle the X-Force's mission, eventually, they come to blows on the island of Genosha for devestating effect. Then everyone goes home, well... all those who survived.

Franchise Reveals (at end of movie, but hinted slickly early on):
A child, "Rachel," also played by Haley Ramm is found at the bottom of Alkali Lake, in keeping with Phoenix Myth.
Stacy X turns out to be Mystique in disguise and she takes control of the Brotherhood at the end.
X-Men devestated, who should re-enter the mansion, but Professor Charles Xavier, walking.
Emma Reports to her paymasters, the Hellfire Club, who have plans, among them is Mister Sinister/Secretary Essex.
A man, played by James Marsden, blindfolded and scarred, wanders through the woods, unkempt. Perhaps he is the one who finds Rachel.

Some very good ideas in there...

On the downside: Too many characters... and i wouldn't want Angel doing a last-minute rescue again! Unsure about a 'child Phoenix' under the lake.

Otherwise, like it very much. Really like the goverment X-Factor taskforce, Essex as new Secretary, Hellfire Club lurking in the background.

Good concepts the only things I don't like are the child Phoenix and Scott being blindfolded and unkempt in the woods.

I also see a lot of similarities to my cast for my X-4.

I rather liked it a few things like rachel werent something i cared for but hey i cant come up with better, overall sounds like something id wanna see :up:

Good ideas,but the whole government thing has been done.I think x4 should center around the x-men and a new enermy and leave the whole global thing alone-it was done in the last three movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"