Mystery impact leaves Earth-size mark on Jupiter

Maybe a dumb question, but how can it make an "impact"? Isn't Jupiter a giant ball of gas?

Spidey-Bat is quoting the Hangover lol.

The really important question is...does Jupiter have another red spot now?
You have to remember that Jupiter is a stormy planet with Hurricanes everywhere and storms that could rip our planet to bits. Just like with the comet, the mark will be gone in a short while.

Maybe a dumb question, but how can it make an "impact"? Isn't Jupiter a giant ball of gas?
When the rock goes through the atmosphere, it will get real hot, but due to the planets massive gravity, the meteors and comets get destroyed. The mark you see on Jupiter is like a Scorch mark. Because of the intense heat caused by friction etc.

The really important question is...does Jupiter have another red spot now?

Jupiter's "Red Spot" is actually an Earth-sized storm that's been raging for several centuries.

Can you spot the difference?

Jupiter's "Red Spot" is actually an Earth-sized storm that's been raging for several centuries.

:(

Dewd, you've gone very serious lately.

Not really that post, but kinda. You just never seem happy any more. I hope you didn't let the haters kill your spirit when you used to post all those pictures of yourself in the Joker costume in the photo thread. Ever since then I feel you've become, erm, let's say... 'unhappy' with a lot of your fellow posters. Quite anti, in fact.

Hope you get back to yourself soon :yay:

Yea Battousai not everyone is as clever as you. And they are not lesser people because they are not.

Why does everyone read my posts as if I'm constantly facepalming?

I'm sorry if I don't act like a clown on a regular basis - it's not exactly a unique method of communication here...

Because you're quite abrupt in what you say...

I'm sorry if I don't act like a clown on a regular basis - it's not exactly a unique method of communication here...

You don't have to be a clown. I'm sure you're sick of that after dressing like one so much :cwink:

Is your constant face-palming why we love you! Don't deny us.

Because you're quite abrupt in what you say...

When I have to relay precise points and scientific knowledge over and over again to people in the religion thread I tend to get a bit short, yes - and this behavior seems to spread into any area that deals with similar topics. However, this is simply a means to an end.

I have not changed, personally :oldrazz:

You don't have to be a clown. I'm sure you're sick of that after dressing like one so much :cwink:

True

Is your constant face-palming why we love you! Don't deny us.

:facepalm

:oldrazz:

Yes, I know. All the other lame jokes about something hitting Jupiter and creating a planet sized issue were taken.

based on the information we have, my only conclusion to this is that extra terrestrial spacecraft had something to do with this mysterious "mark" on jupiter, and that this will just be another lie by the government saying it was probably another comet that hit it.

Too explore strange new worlds......to find new life, and new civilization, to boldly go where no has gone Before!

in all seriousness, WTF is going on? there's this, the eclipse, and those glowing cloud thingies.
Are aliens invading? Is it the Apocalypse? Is it a Crisis on Infinite Earths?
Glowing cloud thingies? I think I missed that news. Sounds kinda freaky.

based on the information we have, my only conclusion to this is that extra terrestrial spacecraft had something to do with this mysterious "mark" on jupiter, and that this will just be another lie by the government saying it was probably another comet that hit it.

Yeah - because that's more likely to happen :whatever:

The fact that this is your "only conclusion" shows how much rational thought you've put into this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"