Name That CounterPart Game

Yowza

Sidekick
Reaction score
1) Name That Counterpart
2) Who would win? What are the chances that go against this happening?
3) Who would you root for?

I will begin:

1) Justice League/Squadron Supreme
2) Justice League would Win. Even single match-ups wouldn't go any different assuming equivalents faced off against one another. Doctor Spectrum throwing a wrench into things as some awkward time during the battle would probably be the Squadron's best shot I'd wager.
3) I don't really care who'd win. Justice League needs to take care of business here if anything more than they're the legit versions of said characters.

Below is just for reference Sake as so many characters in JLA and Squadron but above is relevant part of this post is c
omparison to JLA counterparts:

squadron.JPG squadron2.JPG

*Not included in founding members are Arcana, Blue Eagle, Golden Archer, Lady Lark, Nuke, and Tom Thumb.

Bit of History on the Squadron I Peiced Together in Linear Fashion from Wikipedia:
The Squadron Supreme has its roots in the Squadron Sinister, which first appeared in Avengers #69 as a pastiche of the Justice League....

.....The first version of the Squadron Sinister is formed by the Elder of the Universe known as the Grandmaster as pawns to battle the champions of the time-traveling Kang the Conqueror, the superhero team the Avengers. The Grandmaster creates four villains—Doctor Spectrum, Hyperion, Nighthawk, and the Whizzer—to face heroes Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and Goliath (Clint Barton).[3] In interviews, Thomas and Jerry Bails have stated that the Squadron was based on the DC Comics superhero team the Justice League of America, evoking the DC characters Green Lantern, Superman, Batman and the Flash.....

.......Roy Thomas later introduced a heroic version of the Squadron Sinister named the Squadron Supreme, which first appeared in Avengers #85–86 (February–March 1971), and which was co-created with John Buscema.[2] The team then had guest appearances on several more occasions, and in 1985 was featured in a self-titled twelve-issue limited series by Mark Gruenwald.......

As a bit of a retcon:
....."The limited series Squadron Supreme,[5] written by Mark Gruenwald, explains that the Grandmaster creates the Squadron Sinister modeling them on the already-existing Squadron Supreme of the Earth-712 universe."

Last edited:
Man, this game is a bit complicated.

I'll give it a try

1) Marvel - Quasar vs DC Green Lanter

2) who would win ? Good question although I don't think Quasar can run out of power, while GL can. It really depends how ruthless GL was feeling ( and which GL , John Stewart and Hal Jordan maybe, Kyle Rayner...not likely)

3) who would I root for ....GL, easily.

Next time I'll try Dr Strange vs Dr Fate.

Man, this game is a bit complicated.

I'll give it a try

1) Marvel - Quasar vs DC Green Lanter

2) who would win ? Good question although I don't think Quasar can run out of power, while GL can. It really depends how ruthless GL was feeling ( and which GL , John Stewart and Hal Jordan maybe, Kyle Rayner...not likely)

3) who would I root for ....GL, easily.

Next time I'll try Dr Strange vs Dr Fate.

Yeah, I made it a bit too complicated with bottom part of initial post but you have the idea. I like Wendell Vaughn's character. There's something humble about him which is why I'd cheer for him but I think his Quasar persona is so overpowered it's hard not to hope for a Green Lantern to give him a run for it.

Edit: Below List Turned Into Work in Progress so have just been updating it whenever.
Marvel vs. Birds of Prey, Gotham City Sirens, and few other Gotham based characters:
1) Mockingbird/Batgirl
2) Mockingbird with enhanced abilities. Batgirl could use brains to plan things out in advance though to her advantage.
3) I would root for Batgirl.

1) Echo/Huntress
2) I'm just going to say Huntress. This could go either way though.
3) I would root for Echo I don't why.

1) Songbird/Black Canary
2) Black Canary if it comes to fighting ability but the sound based superpowers factor moreso in Songbird's favor. Most likely both could be incapacitated by sound but Black Canary would probably lose as Songbird's sound based abilities seem to go a bit further from what I can tell.
3) I would root for Black Canary.

1) Maria Hill/Renee Montoya
2) Maria Hill with greater experience with Shield and just overall higher training with Shield than Gotham P.D. despite Renee's savvy.
3) I would root for Renee Montoya.

1) B.A.D. (Black Mamba, Asp, and Daimondback)/Gotham City Sirens
2) B.A.D. with enhanced abilities wins. Poison Ivy could kill them all though with some sort of trap so that's a variable. Harley and Catwoman would be outmatched but if the battle gets spread out the Sirens could win by ambush.
3) I would root for whomever. I think it would be entertaining.

1) Deathsting (half sister of Iron Fist introduced in the '70's) vs. The Wanderer (newer character matches Red Robin Tim Drake; yet venomous touch so more deadly)
2) No Idea.
3) Impartial but seemed like good matchup.

1) Meelee (avengers initiative comic)/Tarantula #2 (Equivalent to Nightwing Dick Grayson)
2) Tarantula would win from experience.
3) Meelee.

1) Amiko Koboyashi (Logan's Adopted Daughter)/Sin (Equivalent to Damien Wayne)
2) An older Sin would win but this is a tough one.
3) Impartial.

1) Sofija (former member of Serbian Nationalist group who helped Black Panther clean up Hells Kitchen)/Dava (Debuted in Robin comic in '90's for short stint)
2) Dava would win hand to hand. Like Sofija is from a small nation yet
3) Sofija seems more likeable.

1) Cherry Blossom (insane cheerleader; member of "Nails" in "Shadowland: Daughters of the Shadow" comic)/Lynx (not golden age character whose dr. dome's daughter; instead character debuting in 1991's Robin #1 within a Parisian branch of ghost dragons headed by king snake;;;; she later died fighting cassandra cain in 2000's-------->a 2nd lynx in late 2000's was a teen saved by red robin tim drake)
2) I would say Cherry Blossom as she seems on par with Colleen Wen but she just hasn't appeared enough. Therefore, will have to go with Lynx.
3) Impartial.

1) Pavane/Stephanie Brown aka Spoiler (also Batgirl #4 and Robin name dons too)
2) I don't think Pavane from the Shang-Chi comics could keep up with Batgirl's theatrics. Her pet panthers, whip, and stregnth could even things out but eventually Stephanie would stumble out a victory.
3) I'm impartial.

1) Callisto/Carrie Kelly aka Robin (later Catgirl, Batgirl, and Batwoman)
2) I thought Holly Robinson initially a better match but something about a sewer battle matching the mudpit fight Batman has in the Dark Knight Rises seems appropriate. This time though a more refined fighter in Callisto would prevail. A more experienced Carrie in her Batgirl or Batwoman gear might win though.
3) Callisto.

1) ?/Holly Robinson (Catgirl)
2) ?
3) ?

1) Yuki (member of nail)/?

1) Agent Cheesecake (LMD Agent of Shield)/Nocturna

1) Agent 33/?

1) Viper (Madame Hydra)/Talia Al Ghul
2) Talia.
3) Talia.

1) Fa Lo Suee (sister of Shang-Chi; daughter of Fu-Manchu)/nyssa raatko (talia's sister)
2) Fa Lo Suee would probably win but I am not sure.
3) Nyssa.

1) Bride of 9 Spiders/Lady Shiva
2) Lady Shiva would evade some very deadly traps and get in close for a quick finish only to wind up a draw as both so deadly it just wouldn't go any other way.
3) Lady Shiva.

1) Erynus (Dark Elektra created by Hand)/Carolyn Woosan (sister to Lady Shiva)
2) Another draw as this evil Elektra would probably walk into a trap being so single minded and all but yet super deadly still.
3) Carolyn.

1) Tiger's Daughter/Cassandra Caine (Batgirl 2)
2) Both have a family history and both are young adept fighters. I'd have to give it to Cassandra although Tiger's Daughter made her mark in the Iron Fist comics in the tournament.
3) Cassandra.

1) Nightwind/Marque (Half sister to Cassandra daughter of David Cain too as original test subject introduced in 2008 Batgirl comic)
2) I have no idea. I think Marque seemed pretty unstoppable in brief appearance made matching Cassandra almost. Nightwind is a mutant though and I think her manipulation of Darkforce would give her the edge with the weaponry she uses.
3) Impartial.

1) Leiko wu
(British Reporter; Shang-Chi Comics)/Kitty Kumbata (muay thai boxer debuting in richard dragon comic around 2004 as trained by him; betrayed him joining shiva's circle of 6 until they defeated by bronze tiger/dragon/nightwing so later joined league of assassins bringing into conflict with cassandra)
2) Leiko Wu would barely win.
3) Leiko Wu.

1) Chastity McBride (Shield Agent from Elektra:Assassin; head of Coptor Squad)/Tigris (2005 Batgirl comic; afghan female also handpicked by Shiva be in Nyssa's League and freind of Tigris joins Cassandra)
2) Chastity McBride would be able to track down Tigris and take her out but if it comes to hand or weapon based combat Tigris could win. It could go either way.
3) Impartial.

1) Black Lotus (Member of Nail; Yuki, Cherry Blossom, Colleen Wing, Yuki, and a superpowered Makro whose like Dr. Octopus are part of the team;;;; Azumi Ozawa Colleen's mother formerly headed the group)/White Willow (2005 Batgirl Comic; handpicked by Shiva join Nyssa's group; step under Cassandra and freind of tigris)
2) Black Lotus. Not so much a counterpart to White Willow but a compelling matchup. Black Lotus relies on physical combat moreso while White Willow has some hand based weaponry.
3) Black Lotus.

1) Wu Ao-Shi (1545 Iron Fist)/Onyx (pre-52 version seems more powerful having trained with league of assassins before moving onto ashram monastary; new-52 version defeated by red robin but heads gang in gotham knwon as fist clan;;;lot of handbased weapons and marksmanship)
2) Wu Ao-Shi.
3) Impartial

1) Lady Bullseye/Lady Vic
2) Lady Bullseye probably.
3) Lady Vic.

1) Angela Del Toro (White Tiger #2)/Batwoman (Kate Kane)
2) Angela's superpowers would win. This is a better matchup than Black Widow against Batwoman as both shy away from guns moreso I think. Batwoman overall is a step behind Barbara Gordon in my opinion planning wise to get around Angela's powerset. Angela would need to give Kate a lot of prep and an ideal environment to get ambushed by weaponry in order to lose this one.
3) Angela.

1) Aya Ayala (White Tiger #3)/Red Claw
2) I saw online someone asking about this Batman character from the animated series matching up against Angela. I thought Angela against Batwoman so that leaves the more recent Aya who I think would win this quite easily.
3) Aya.

Few Other Street Based Heroines:
1) Natasha Romanoff/Blood Rose

2) Natasha would be outmatched stregnthwise and a really tricky opponent but would figure out a way.
3) Natasha.

1) Elektra/Cheshire (Leader of the Ravens)
2) Elektra is so deadly with weapons I will give it to Elektra though.
3) I would be impartial.
Edit: Substituted Cheshire for Talia Al Ghul as more similar background. Cheshire heads group known as the Ravens.

1) Yelena Belova (Black Widow)/Vicious (member of Ravens)
2) Yelena Belova
3) I don't know.

1) Silver Sable/fleur de lis

2) Silver Sable I think would win.
3) Silver Sable.

Edit: Substituted Fleur de Lis in place of Pistolera (member of Ravens) since more similar weaponry and look.

1) Sharon Carter/Pistolera
2) Pistolera
3) Sharon Carter

1) Snapdragon (freind of Daimondback on par with Natasha)/Kate Spencer (manhunter #8; works with batgirl often)

1) Nina McCabe (Elektra villain)/Rose Wilson (Deathstroke's daughter)
2) Rose Wilson would win as Nina's skills are not on par with Elektra.
3) Impartial.

1) Typhoid Mary/Rose Forrest aka Thorn (Not the Golden Age Thorn named Rose Canton whose almost like poison Ivy but the Bronze/modern Age Thorn/rebooted New-52 version named Rose Forrest)
2) I think Typhoid would win with her poison.
3) Rose Forrest.

1) Amy Chen/Barefoot Tiger
2) Amy Chen's Silver Sable's righthand mercenary in the Wildpack comics. I think Barefoot Tiger probably would win hand to hand or be able to hit Amy with an energy blast. I really have no idea though.
3) Impartial

1) Peggy Carter/Dinah Drake (Black Canary 1)
2) Peggy Carter as Dinah Drake from what I can tell is nothing compared to her daughter's abilities.
3) Dinah Drake.

1) Silhouette/White Canary
2) This would be close as Silhouette's special abilities would give her an edge but White Canary's supposedly better than Lady Shiva so I'd to give it to White Canary.
3) Impartial.

1) Colleen Wing/Katana
2) Katana would win as the soul sword will do it's damage.
3) I would cheer for Colleen.

1) Dakota North/Shvaughn Erin
2) I think Shvaughn Erin's futuristic tech. and knowledge would give her the advantage from what I can gather.
3) Impartial.

1) Yukio/Shado (mother to green arrow's half sister emiko queen; kyudo master and lethal with bow)
2) It depends on weaponry. Hand to hand Yukio but Shado if some distance but could go either way as Yukio is the archetypical ninja character within the X-Men comics of times past.
3) Impartial

1) Kate Biship/Emiko Queen (the red arrow; same father as oliver queen the green arrow but mother is shado)
2) Kate Bishop
3) Impartial

1) Roxy Rocket/Miss Arrowette (sidekick of Green Arrow and mother of Arrowtte #2)
2) Not so much a counterpart. Roxy has battled Spoiler and is known for her marksmanship and speeding around in her Rocket. Miss Arrowette will have to get the right vantage point and stay from being blasted but if the fight gets more contained Miss Arrowette would win.
3) Impartial.

Few other Gotham Based Male Characters:
1) Moon Knight/Azrael

2) Azrael would win with added tech. and weaponry utilizing Batman's arsenal like he did in Knightfall. Moon Knight though on paper could give Batman trouble in a straightup fight. If taking Azrael with or without Batsuit I think would be close.
3) I would cheer for Moon Knight.
Edit: Substituted Azrael in place of Batman.

1) Night Thrasher/Knightwing
2) Knightwing would win despite Night Thrasher's armor.
3) I am not really a big fan of either character so pretty blaise on this.
Edit: Substituted New Warrior's Night Thrasher in place of DD.

1) Winter Soldier/Red Hood
2) I would pick Winter Soldier unless ambushed.
3) I would cheer for Winter Soldier.

1) Nuke/Bane
2) Bane though is so cunning and deadly despite perceived vulnerability of his chemical juice being cut off. Bane is also more cunning and resilient and will find a way to win if weaponry kept to a minimum.
3) Impartial.
Edit: Substituted Nuke in Crossbones place as power level more equivalent.

1) Sandman/Clayface
2) Sandman would win. Clayface would dry out from too much sand.
3) I would cheer for Sandman as he is at least he can be a good guy at times.

Last edited:
There are so many characters feel free to put more than a couple.

Here Are Some More Powered Up Battles Female (will do Male next and then mixed later):
1) Goblin Queen (Madelyn Pryor)/Raven
2) I would say Raven would win depending on depiction. As a member of the Teen Titans, she's moreso a hero but always attempting to suppress her powers somewhat that if out of control could pose quite a threat. Raven would outmatch Goblin Queen.
3) I would probably cheer for Goblin Queen just cause I like the X-Men and not so much a Teen Titans fan.

1) Emma Frost/Saturn Girl
2) I think this is too close to call. Emma's got some more tricks up her sleeve though so might a way to cheat out a win.
3) Saturn Girl.

1) Shadowcat/Phantom Girl
2) Phantom Girl.
3) Impartial.

1) Mystique/Madame Rouge
2) Mystique easily due to weaponry and combat training.
3) Mystique.

1) Polaris/Magenta
2) Polaris.
3) Impartial.

1) Medusa/Spidergirl (from DC comics)
2) Their hair would get tangled up resulting in a draw.
3) Medusa.

1) Hellcat//Yolanda Montez

2) A Draw
3) I like both of these characters so am impartial.
Edit: Substituted Yolanda Montez in place of Phantom Lady 2 as too similar to pass up.

1) X23/Scandal
2) X23 is just too vicious.
3) Impartial.

1) Jackpot/Knockout
2) Both very similar but the female Fury will probably win by experience.
3) Impartial.

1) Angelica/Artemis
2) Artemis would have a hard time but is on par with WonderWoman so who knows...
3) Artemis.

1)Namora/Mera
2) No idea.
3) I will just say Namora.

1) Namorita/Tula (aka Aquagirl #1)
2) I will just say Tula I don't why.
3) I always liked the New Warriors over Teen Titans remembering their guest appearances in the Spider-Man comics back when I collected so I'll have to say Namorita I'd cheer for.
Edit: Subsituted Tula for Wondergirl.

1) Shuri as Black Panther/Vixen
2) Shuri would win with the weaponry and technical knowhow.
3) I would maybe cheer for Vixen.

1) Gamora/Mongol
2) Gamora wins.
3)Cheering for Gamora.

1) Lillith/Looker
2) In the vampire battle, I think Looker seems slightly more dangerous but I don't know.
3) Impartial. They're both not very nice.

Few Random Thoughts:
1) X-Men (original team)/Doom Patrol (original team)
2) X-Men win.
3) Cheering for X-Men.

1) The Elder named Runner/Godspeed
2) The race would be a literal draw; just some energy fluctuations.
3) I don't know.

1) Ultron/Braniac
2) There are so many different versions if each it is hard to choose. I think Braniac would usually win.
3) I would root for Ultron. I don't know why.

1) Moonstone/Sabina
2) No idea.
3) Impartial.

1) Super Adaptoid/Amazo
2) No idea. All battles can vary depending on which written version of character talking about so make a prediction based on one's own acceptef version of said character. This is a case where said character's abilities really can go all over the place at any given moment
3) I am impartial on this one.

Last edited:
Cosmic Universe:
1) One above all/The presence

2) This is both companies version of the ultimate cosmic force in the universe. The winner depends on which comic company one likes to read more.
3) I am impartial.
Interesting Writeup Concerning Cosmic Hierarchy in Marvel vs. DC:
Link A: DC vs Marvel-Abstract Entities
Link B: 002) Abstract Objectification
Link C: 164) Embodiment (function)

1) Living tribunal/Spectre
2) This I have no idea on. Not even Quasar could get by the Living Tribunal after a planet was sealed off from him. I think the Spectre is similarly powered.
3) I like Spectre's design moreso so I'll just say Spectre.

1) Celestials/Omega Titans
2) I think the Omega Titans might win but the Celestials may be greater in number. This is tricky.
3) I hope they both wipe one another out.

Aliens:

1) The watchers/The monitors

2) No idea. The Watchers seem a bit friendlier and less likely to want to engage in a battle.
3) I would cheer for the Watchers.

1) Eternals/New Gods
2) Eternals would win.
3) I don't know who to cheer for.

1) Strontians/Kryptonians
2) The Strontians seem likely to prevail in a straightup physical battle as the Kryptonians would rely on tech. or being able to gain superpowers from an earth based sun.
3) I am not so sure. Both societies can be rather harsh in some ways.

1) Kree/?
2) ?
3) ?

1) Skrulls/White martians (or green martians perhaps too)
2) Skrulls would win.
3) I am impartial.

1) Shiar/Thanagarians
2) Shiar would win
3) I am also impartial.

1) Symbiots/Scarabs
2) no idea
3) Both are disgusting. The symbiotes though at least don't like chesthugger constantly strapped on so perhaps a bit more accomodating.

1) Nova corps/Green lantern corps; nova force/emotional spectrum; nova helmet/green lantern ring; Xandarian Worldmind/Ion (sentient willpower for Green Lantern Corps)
2) Green Lantern's have the advantage energy and mobility wise.
3) I like the Green Lantern Corps.

1) Phoenix Force/parallax
2) Phoenix Force wins.
3) I would cheer for Phoenix Force over Parallax.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"