Sequels Name the sequels!

I like either The Spectacular Spider-Man or The Sensational Spider-Man as the title of TASM 2, but am not sure what you could call TASM 3 because there aren't any other official Spider-Man comic books that have 'The [fill in adjective] Spider-Man' in them and I think that, if you're going to use that naming pattern for one of the movies, you ought to use it for all three.

I like either The Spectacular Spider-Man or The Sensational Spider-Man as the title of TASM 2, but am not sure what you could call TASM 3 because there aren't any other official Spider-Man comic books that have 'The [fill in adjective] Spider-Man' in them and I think that, if you're going to use that naming pattern for one of the movies, you ought to use it for all three.

I think Spectacular works for the second film and Sensational could work for the third film. That takes care of the trilogy and they wouldn't have to worry about titles beyond that. I've seen 'The Astonishing Spider-Man' suggested, but in my opinion, that title just doesn't work as well as the others. I don't know why. Just doesn't have the same effect as Amazing, Spectacular and Sensational.

2nd movie - The Spectacular Spider-Man
3rd movie - The Ultimate Spider-Man

I think Spectacular works for the second film and Sensational could work for the third film. That takes care of the trilogy and they wouldn't have to worry about titles beyond that. I've seen 'The Astonishing Spider-Man' suggested, but in my opinion, that title just doesn't work as well as the others. I don't know why. Just doesn't have the same effect as Amazing, Spectacular and Sensational.

You don't want to have multiplee films with the same acronym, so you have to pick between either Spectacular or Sensational.

I did just think of a title for film 3, though: The Incredible Spider-Man.

You don't want to have multiplee films with the same acronym, so you have to pick between either Spectacular or Sensational.

I did just think of a title for film 3, though: The Incredible Spider-Man.
That just sounds like Spider-Man got the powers of the Hulk. :hehe:

I say Spectacular Spider-Man for II, and Web of Spider-Man for III. I dunno why, but the Web of Spider-Man just sounds very climactic, as if all the plot threads from the previous two films are all coming together into a nice tangled web.

Given that the last series added numbers and Marvel is going with Iron Man 3, Thor 2 and Captain America 2 they'll probably just do that.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 or The Amazing Spider-Man II

The Amazing Spider-Man: Turning Point
The Amazing Spider-Man: War of the Symboites
The Amazing Spider-Man: The Sinister Six

The Amazing Spider-Man 2: The Man in the Shadows Attacks

The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Revenge of the Uncle Killer

1. The Amazing Spider-Man
2. The Dark Arachnid
3. The Dark Arachnid Rises

1. The Amazing Spider-Man
2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Electro Boogaloo
3. The Amazing Spider-Man 3: This time with Channing Tatum

TASM
TASM: The Sequel
TASM: The sequel of the sequel

The Amazing Spider-Man
The More Amazing Spider-Man
The Most Amazing Spider-Man

And if there's a fourth one...

The Most Amazingest Spider-Man Evar

Or, if it follows the usual trend of trilogies:

The Amazing Spider-Man
The Most Amazing Spider-Man
The Disappointing Spider-Man

The Amazing Spider-Man
The Incredible Hulk-of-a-Man
The First Avenger-Man

Ah, I was just gonna make this thread. Heh,
I doubt they will make TASM2 then TASM3 that would be lame.
I think they will go with-

-The Spectacular Spider-Man (2014)
-Web of Spider-Man (2016/17)

Which while cool, also kinda sucks because I was hoping these titles would be saved for when Marvel Studios gets the rights back and makes their own/definitive Spidey films. But I digress, don't look like that will ever happen.

Also I think another trilogy whilst cool, is a dumb idea.
I mean, Sony can't seriously reboot Spidey again in another 10 years.
They need to start building a permanent cinematic continuity like the MCU and just replace actors down the line.
While hopefully, simultaneously sorting the rights to get some crossover action with MCU films to add Spidey to that universe.

Last edited:
The Web of Spider-Man for the sequel. It could imply trouble for Peter Parker, conspiracies etc. which would be perfect if they chose to persue the parents with Chameleon as a villain.

The Spectacular Spider-Man works for a story where Spider-Man rises above some adversity to triumph.

Funny enough you could use those for either part 2 or 3.

1. The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)
2. The Sensational Spider-Man (2014)
3. Web of Spider-Man (2016)

And if the series continues

4. The Astonishing Spider-Man (2019)
5. The Spectacular Spider-Man (2020)
6. Ultimate Spider-Man (2022)

The first two films of each trilogy start with TASM and TSSM, while the third doesn't use "the".

Last edited:
Guys think Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman could be a good title?

1. The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)
2. The Sensational Spider-Man (2014)
3. Web of Spider-Man (2016)

And if the series continues

4. The Astonishing Spider-Man (2019)
5. The Spectacular Spider-Man (2020)
6. Ultimate Spider-Man (2022)

The first two films of each trilogy start with TASM and TSSM, while the third doesn't use "the".

If this is a planned trilogy, it'll prob follow the standard Joseph Campbell "trilogy" formula . So the next movie has to have a dark tone to it, and the 3rd movie has to have an "uplifting" ring to it :

so id say

next movie - Web of Spiderman, Shadow of Spiderman, ect....

3rd movie- Ultimate Spiderman or Spectacular Spiderman

Give these titles having not seen the first one yet....

1) The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)
2) The Spectacular Spider-Man (2014)
3) Web of Spider-Man (as in the web that completely envelops Peter's world & which snaps Gwen) (2017)
4) Peter Parker: Spider-Man (The traumatic ID crisis that follows - Possible new cast) (2020)
5) Spider Man Vs. The Sinister Six (2022/23)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"