NATALIE PORTMAN is Thor!

She was just the best in this...

Unlike the Loki situation...she really had her moment to shine without ever feel that she's stealing the thunder (no pun intended) or momentum from other characters especially the Odinson.

I hope she comes back for future movie
..but if not...I am satisfied with how her arc has concluded here.

As a fan of Jason Aaron's run, it makes me happy that Taika did her justice.
I even say that her conclusion arc was better than in the comics.

Last edited:
So glad that she came back for this and trained for it and gave it everything. Her presence made the film so much better. No one else could make up for the loss of Hulk from Ragnarok. :D

I wish she was given better material. When she got play up the more dramatic parts she was totally great but the emphasis on the dumb comedy really didnt do her or the characters journey as much justice as there could've been.

Jane was excellent in this, I think she's my favorite female MCU superhero now. Kind of a shame she won't be able to have her own movie, but I'm glad we finally got that closure. In general I just really love the whole "The Bus Came Back" trope, and this was one of the most fun examples of it in recent memory.

It was definitely great to see Natalie Portman return as Jane Foster aka: The Mighty Thor. I just wished she had more to do than just be comedic. Her portrayal as The Mighty Thor was best in her intro and final confrontation with Gorr.

It was definitely great to see Natalie Portman return as Jane Foster aka: The Mighty Thor. I just wished she had more to do than just be comedic. Her portrayal as The Mighty Thor was best in her intro and final confrontation with Gorr.
Did you watch the movie? She wasn’t just comedic.

I liked the catchphrase stuff. She's new at superheroing, so it makes sense that she is still figuring things out. Plus, she had an awkwardness about her in the first Thor movie so it fit the character. She still had plenty of drama with the cancer plot so I don't see the complaints there.

For someone who strongly disliked the film, I enjoyed Portman back. She was pretty great imo.

After all the anticipation, even if Natalie doesn't come back she's totally redeemed this character and I would hope she is happy at watching the film back and seeing her awesome scenes. All the training was worth it!

After all the anticipation, even if Natalie doesn't come back she's totally redeemed this character and I would hope she is happy at watching the film back and seeing her awesome scenes. All the training was worth it!

I agree with everything except the idea that Jane ever needed redeeming!

I agree with everything except the idea that Jane ever needed redeeming!
Maybe redeeming isn’t the best word but IMO it wasn’t the best written role when you have someone of Portman’s calibre, especially in TDW. Might as well make use of her talent and they certainly did here.

I know I've said it too many times to count, but really needs to be stressed again: Christ, Natalie Portman is beautiful!

3F424010-0D23-44A3-BFB0-7AD0AACF6D0F.jpeg

C1A42D46-42F4-459F-9947-A99CB8425C7E-1024x683.jpeg

CF166C6A-8538-496F-A5C7-35C30197B5BB-1024x683.jpeg

3970A7C8-C718-4170-97DA-7AAE0931BB9D.jpeg

Last edited:
Considering I wasn't ever expecting her back, this was really the cherry on top of the Natalie Portman sundae. For all the movie's flaws, I feel Portman really got to redeem this character and give her a great sendoff, at least for now.

Yeah she totally redeemed her character.

And what's weirder is 2013 feels like forever.... so to see her returned was just *chef's kiss*.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"