NBA Season 2023-24: Get Hoop’d

MarvelFan

The Nine-tailed White Fox
Reaction score
Following a suggestion by @ComicChick ,
I think it is indeed time to start a new NBA 2022-2023 thread as we are closer and closer approaching the new season.

Which team are going to win this season?
Can (now the more aging) Golden State team repeat?
Will Brooklyn finally get their act together?
Can CP3 and Suns redeem their humiliation lost last season?

And who will win the MVP this season?
Coach of the year?
Rookie of the year?
Etc.

Lets begin the talk!! :)

i really am looking forward to seeing what the T-Wolves and Cavs look like this year. I like their off-season moves

but alas, i am a Bucks fan, but i'm a basketball fan foremost

There is no way Draymond and Poole can remains teammates after this.
Even all is forgiven, there is definitely bad blood among them, especially from Poole's.

If they cannot figure out this chemistry issue, I think it would be hard for GS to repeat.

I heard Draymond will possibly be traded.

After the trash talk he had has made during and after GS won last season...how irony it is for him if he's play for another team. Haha.

Last edited:
of course i'll be rooting for my Knicks to improve

I'll take GS to repeat the young guys will be better so will Klay this Draymond thing is a problem though but they have the foundation to handle it

Milwaukee if Healthy will come out the East

I’m the eternal optimist and I am holding onto hope that Lebron and AD stay healthy and that Ham can figure a system to cater to Those two and Westbrook.

Its rumored the Pistons are about to waive Kemba Walker. i thought he was still with the Knicks lol
anyways, if they do, i think he'd be worth considering as a backup PG in Milwaukee.

So...Nets are 1-4 and Lakers 0-4

Not a good look from two heavily favorites from just a season ago.

Ben Simmons and Russ particularly played horribly at this young season.

I am afraid Simmons especially wont be able to come back to his previous form after not playing for almost 2 years.

Last edited:
And I am calling this now...

If Nets arent improving as the season goes...they will blow their roster up and trade KD and Kyrie in the middle of the season. Same for Russ.

Last edited:
i really thought the wolves would be playing better than they are

Celtics need to figure out this whole defense thing without Rob Williams.

Kyrie is such a headache at this point...

i really thought the wolves would be playing better than they are

They still need time and adjustment playing each other, I think...
I expecting them and Pelicans will surprise anyone this season. They are so much fun to watch.(welcome back, Zion!)

Russ is not the primary problem with the Lakers. AD’s health is a bigger issue. Needing more three point shooters is a bigger issue. Russ seems to be trying to make it work. He needs to be a little smarter with the ball and distribute and attack the basket more. But I’m still hopeful. If AD can keep playing at 80% health and Austin Reeves, Lonnie Walker and Kendrick Nunn could light up, this team still has potential to be dangerous.

One thing is for sure, as a Laker fan, I’m infinitely happier having Russ than Kyrie. Kyrie is a human equivalent of a dumpster fire. He is Kanye, Kevin Sorbo, and Randy Quaid all rolled into one. He wants to portray himself as a hybrid social activist-slash extreme intellectual. But instead he proves himself to be unintelligent and colossally selfish.

years from now, are we going to talk about Davis like we do Grant Hill? Brandon Roy? T-Mac?

or will the conversation be different because he has won championship(s)?

It should be a different conversation because at their peak, those three guys were dogs and AD was never that.

And as a Lakers fan, I'll be honest, without the pandemic I'm not sure that championship would've happened. It gave LeBron and AD a chance to reset, recharge, and go into an admittedly bizarre situation at least at full strength.

Wow...Cavs vs Celtics was amazing!!

Cavs might be the most fun team in the early season so far...
Hope they can keep this momentum!

Loving Donovan + Darius combo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"