NBC Cancels Heroes

Havok83

Avenger
Reaction score
It seemed inevitable but the news is nonetheless shocking: NBC’s drama Heroes won’t be back for a fifth season. The beleaguered drama only averaged 6.5 million viewers this year. It last aired on Feb. 8, when it only brought in a mere 4.4 million.

The show never managed to recapture those stellar ratings from its critically-beloved first season, when it averaged a whopping 14.5 million. There has been talk that NBC may air a movie that allows the producers to wrap up the story, but nothing has been set in stone. NBC will announce its fall lineup to advertisers Monday in New York.

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/05/14/heroes-canceled-by-nbc/

About time.

Can't believe how terrible the show got.

No surprise really, the show went downhill from the lacklustre end to the first season. It was obvious the writers really didn't know where they were going with loose ends, contradictions, unresolved plots/storylines and just generally sloppy writing. I mean, look at the Irish girl Peter met, who ended up lost somewhere in time - that character was literally just forgotten about. There's no excuse for that.

It's a shame really, because with the amount of character arcs available to them and 2 fairly strong main characters fulfilling the hero/villain roles (Peter & Sylar), the show had the potential to have some epic storylines and clashes.

What?! This is horrible. I loved that show. I thought it was going great!

First Spider-Man 4 cancelled, now Heroes?! Cancel Dexter too to ruin my media life. :cmad:

There are very few shows that ever experienced such a massive drop-off, both creatively and commercially. The humane thing to do was Old Yeller it.

the writers strike didn't help, in fact it may have killed this show.

Part of me is sad...but only a little part.

If they do go ahead with the "Heroes tv movie" I hope they can offically end on a good note. Finally kill Sylar and reveal themselves to the world.

This shows problem is that they were to afraid of progressing and moving on.

Agreed.

Season 2's slow pacing really hurt the show. But 3 was better and picking it back up, although it still suffered from not having a clear direction with some big characters.. Then the writer's strike killed off any momentum. Season 4 was actually rather good. Much better than 2 and 3.

Season 2 was better than anything that followed. This show gets progressively worse each year. I would hardly say the writers strike destroyed the show. Thats kinda weak consideing they had 2 seasons after it, both of which sucked. Its unfortunate how bad the show became bc it was so great in the beginning

What?! This is horrible. I loved that show. I thought it was going great!

First Spider-Man 4 cancelled, now Heroes?! Cancel Dexter too to ruin my media life. :cmad:
SM4 and Heroes deserved to get canceled, DON'T YOU DARE say that about Dexter!!! :cmad::cmad::cmad:

I will miss you Heroes :(. Hopefully we will get a movie or something to properly close the series.

Aww that's a shame.... a shame that Kring and co. could'nt have kept up the quality they had during S1 and turned a great series into just another sci-fi cluster**** with repetetive storylines and pisspoor writing.

This needed to happen eventually.

Well when you have good writers/producers quitting and or getting fired, you know something is wrong. Hopefully we get another show somewhat like it (s1ish of course) that can actualyl go on and do things right.

*Pours out some liquor.

Whodathunk a live action network drama that featured superpowered ( non Marevel or D.C.)Heroes and Villians would ever see the light of day...and then proceed to end up pretty lame.

On the bright side I'm now rid of Hiro.

I don't agree with this. I think the show could've recovered in season 3 after the writers strike handicapped season 2. To my eyes, it was Vol. 3 that killed it, not the strike.

I don't agree with this. I think the show could've recovered in season 3 after the writers strike handicapped season 2. To my eyes, it was Vol. 3 that killed it, not the strike.
IA. Season 3 started off very strong and the outlook for the future of the show looked very promising. However that was short lived. The show's inability to move forward was what killed it. I thought continuing with Sylar and having the show revolve around him was the biggest mstake. He made for a great season 1 villian, but he should have lasted one season. His role in season 2 was tolerable but by season 3, he was played out and needed to go, yet they kept forcing him and wouldnt move past him.

Heroes started out with some great ideas, but they made so many poor decisions like killing off Elle and Adam Monroe. In Adam's case a very lame death for a very interesting character!

I think in most cases, pretty much all the characterization was just ****. Claire literally ran in circles all throughout the series "Oh noes! My dad is evil... But he only does what he does to protect me.... Oh noes! My dad is evil.... But he only does what he does to protect me." That was literally on loop for the entire series (or at least the three seasons that I could tolerate). And then there's Sylar... "I'm a villain! Maybe I can be a hero... nah, I think I'll be a villain. I'm Nathan! Wait, no I'm not, I'm a villain! Well, maybe I can be a hero..."

Enough is enough. And this is coming from someone that still watches Smallville, so that's really saying something.

If only this was a few years ago... maybe fans would be upset.

the show had potential in the first season........ than it got really sucks with characters that you don't care about.......... and the characters that we started to like became unlikeable..........

Bad writing and story.........

LOST rules, characters you love and story lines that are steller

Claire should have died earlier (weakest superhuman character ever), and it was a mistake to depower Peter and make Syler flip flopping.

A big disappointment, but i did enjoy it initially.

Claire should have died earlier (weakest superhuman character ever), and it was a mistake to depower Peter and make Syler flip flopping.

If they would have killed off Claire instead of centering the show around her, this would not have happened. Then the lesbo thing just reeked of desperation for ratings. The show should have been centered around Peter instead of some whiny, *****y, bratty teenager who was more annoying than anything else. Part of me hates to see Heroes leave but if that what it takes to kill off Claire, then give me some more kool aid. :up:

I will miss you Heroes :(. Hopefully we will get a movie or something to properly close the series.

No we wont.
:csad:

There was a movie planned but it got canceled eventually

I just really cant believe the show peaked in it's first season. The first season should never be the best season of a series IMO, but Heroes somehow accomplished that.

Maybe in a year or two there will be talk of a Heroes feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"