NBC eyes "Dracula" series

Watching now and I just about face Palmed the mention of Dracula as the infamous Jack the Ripper.

I don't know if I'll watch any more of the upcoming eps, but I thought the pilot was a bit of a bore. :o

It wasn't dracula that was Jack, it was another vampire. I do like the Van-Helsing twist

I changed the channel at the slow motion sword fight wire stunts.

It wasn't perfect, but I enjoyed it and I like Jonathan Rhys Meyers. I'll be tuning in for the rest of the show :)

I enjoyed whatever I saw before I fell asleep.

Gawd I hate expositions... Why are you telling him this... He knows that.

The guys at HitFix panned it and talked about the first 5 episodes, I'll skip this but I was at first interested in watching. Dracula gets revenge by being an alternative energy businessman to hurt his enemies who have invested in oil? Ugh.

It wasn't perfect, but I enjoyed it and I like Jonathan Rhys Meyers. I'll be tuning in for the rest of the show :)

Idem here. I like the actor since The Thudors and I also like the settings ( Victorian era ).

I finally got to watch it..it was ok

The official youtube channel has some behind the scenes/interviews with the cast (sorry if it was already mentioned):

http://www.youtube.com/user/nbcDracula/videos

I think one thing that has me kind of intrigued is something that Jonathan mentioned (in the "Dracula: The Character" video and the "JRM talks Dracula" vid) about how there's three facets to the character. You have Grayson who's the facade, the mask presented to the world of commerce. Vlad is the core character. Then Dracula is the monster. I look forward to seeing how JRM portrays all three facets throughout the series.

Watching this now and I don't think I can get into Dracula being an eco-warrior. Though, this does come on after Grimm, so I'm sure I catch some more episodes in the future.

Just watched the pilot. The cast is great..but, this has got to be the worst pilot i have ever seen. Whoever wrote and directed this ep; i hope they never return! The editing was awful. The dialogue was cringe worthy and the action was :facepalm:

I really wanted to like this, so i'm going to watch a few more eps, but unless it drastically improves, i'm bailing.

finally got around to watching this last night... wow, what a piece of s**t... a pathetic effort in the worst possible way... it's NBC's face-palm event of the year... I don't care what the pilot ratings may have been, but this'll get cancelled in quick fashion... guaran-damn-tee THAT... BET on it, it's a sure thing...

I watched it last night too and I'm still not sure. It's the first episode and it has to do all the setup for who is who and why they are doing whatever they are doing but it left me indifferent.

Dracula wants revenge. That's not unusual. He's always been kind of a vengeful character. Van Helsing's involvement is unusual but not unexpected except for the twist which for now is unexplained unless I missed that explanation.

The secret Order is also obviously vaguely defined on purpose so I'm not going to complain about that.

Overall though it didn't really move me in any direction. Some of it was goofy, like the slow-mo wire-fu scenes but the secret Order is interesting enough but clumsily portrayed as is Dracula's alter-ego Grayson.

2 clips:

Let's Make a Deal: "Van Helsing strikes a bargain with Dracula, suggesting that they can defeat their common enemy by working together."

Meeting Miss Murray: "Grayson has a heart-to-heart with Mina."

Week 2 kinda bombed. 1.3/4 with 3.44M viewers. Ouch. However, Grimm also dropped a bit as well. It is a Friday show...but it really needs to stable and or rise a bit...I say it's not 60/40 canceled.

I watch it on DVR, but it's not great. Just meh. Dat Rhys Meyers though.

I know many people hate this show but I'm enjoying it. I was disappointed, however, to see that Van Helsing is the brains behind the operation rather than Vlad. I do like their working partnership though.

I know many people hate this show but I'm enjoying it. I was disappointed, however, to see that Van Helsing is the brains behind the operation rather than Vlad. I do like their working partnership though.
In one of the interviews with the creators, I know they mentioned how Vlad was this great strategist and what not, so I'm wondering if a *possibility* that they're going with is Dracula right now is playing along/biding his time and we might see more of his own brilliant mind as things progress if (or might that be when?) the dynamic between him and VH changes.

I'm enjoying it as well. I understand that it's not everyone's cup of tea, and that's fine. Not everyone likes the same things, the beautiful nature of opinions. I am really liking it though, and I'm loving JRM in the role, particularly when he's not pretending to be Grayson - I like the Grayson persona, don't get me wrong, but when he's being himself, being Vlad (when he's just in Renfield or Van Helsing's presence), there's a darkness and deepness to his voice and to his bearing that I'm loving. Like when he was talking to Renfield in this last episode about how/why he wouldn't just 'take' Mina. And when he's Vlad, he lets the animal be just a little bit closer to the surface as well, like when he's talking to Van Helsing at the beginning and he's getting frustrated with how long VH's progress is taking.

New Clip: Vlad, meet immortality

Apologies to those outside the U.S., I think this video is region locked (stupid NBC). I also haven't found a youtube version of the video yet:

http://tvline.com/2013/11/06/dracula-season-1-video-spoilers-vlad-becomes-dracula/

Gave me kind of a "The Mummy" vibe what with them condeming/cursing him with something that actually gives him power and will come back to bite them (pun intended) in the ass down the road if (read: when) he gets loose. I'm wondering if it's a case of the Order not completely understanding the power that they're using/not fully realizing what they're creating? Will be interesting to see the clip in context of the episode.

Having watched the second episode I'm uncertain about keeping up with this show. I want to like it but there's just something lacking in it.

If Evans ever stops playing Cap, they should get the guy that plays Jonathan Harker on the show. IMO they wouldnt look or sound very different

I'm Still watching this…even though i hate it. :confused:

Maybe it's one of those shows that's so bad, it's good..?

Looks like Drac's man servant is going to get some Jack Bauer style loving next week. I'm curious to see how the two of them met.

It's not excellent but it's not that bad.
It's the same level as the likes of The Vampire Diaries ( which I also watch ) and it has no kids/teens in it which is a big plus for me.
Maybe you just like Jonathan Rhys-Meyers :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"