Ncaa 2013

ProjectPat2280

SELLING...PERFECTION
Reaction score
I know theres a few sports fans here so i figured id make a thread for this years NCAA title.

Im planning on running a simulation online dynasty(360) for anyone that wants in. If you're interested in joining, just let me know. Ill prob start it sometime this week, whenever the named rosters become available.

I played the demo and yikes the graphics looked really bad

I played the demo and yikes the graphics looked really bad

u sure u played the 360/ps3 version? visuals are deff not this games weak point. they've never looked better. the problem with this yrs game is nothing has really progressed from a presentation standpoint. the commentary is in dire need of an overhaul. glad they finally started using the ESPN license to full effect tho.

Yeah played the heisman/dynasty mode as rg3 which seems to be an interesting mode. Everything just seemed so unfinished. I hope that was just the early build the demo used

I usually use NCAA as a warm-up for Madden. Is NCAA really worth it this year? I hear the same things that were said on here, presentation hasn't changed in 10 years, and it seems incomplete. Should I just wait till Madden???

I usually use NCAA as a warm-up for Madden. Is NCAA really worth it this year? I hear the same things that were said on here, presentation hasn't changed in 10 years, and it seems incomplete. Should I just wait till Madden???

Honestly man, yes. Id say wait for madden. I can't spot but one or 2 differences from lat years game. They've added a bunch of new catch animations(which look incredible) and they now have Rece Davis cut into games to give you studio updates, also a great touch, but utside of that, thats it, thats all i can spot.

I would of waited for Madden myself but that game won't let you edit you players during the season mode and thats just too important for me. So I'm forced to go with NCAA instead.

Right on. I'll miss the dynasty mode this year. I usually import rosters, madden's franchise mode gives you too many studs if you don't import, IMO.
I love the recruiting in the dynasty, they could really use some of that in the free agent mode in madden.
Thanks for the input, maybe I'll just try to rent it or something. "The lost art of video game renting" lol.

Right on. I'll miss the dynasty mode this year. I usually import rosters, madden's franchise mode gives you too many studs if you don't import, IMO.
I love the recruiting in the dynasty, they could really use some of that in the free agent mode in madden.
Thanks for the input, maybe I'll just try to rent it or something. "The lost art of video game renting" lol.

Yea and speaking of importing your draft class, thats also now absent from Madden. Another reason i won't be picking up Madden 2013. No player editing and no imported draft classes.

u sure u played the 360/ps3 version? visuals are deff not this games weak point. they've never looked better. the problem with this yrs game is nothing has really progressed from a presentation standpoint. the commentary is in dire need of an overhaul. glad they finally started using the ESPN license to full effect tho.

The replay graphics are pretty bad for some reason.

Yea and speaking of importing your draft class, thats also now absent from Madden. Another reason i won't be picking up Madden 2013. No player editing and no imported draft classes.

What?!?! There is no importing of draft classes in Madden this year?!?! Why on Earth would they remove that?!? That is just pure laziness.

Also Pat, have you found a decent named roster tag yet?

Are you f'n kidding me??? Can they not just leave the damn game alone? Ridiculous, EA getting the exclusive deals sucks!

The replay graphics are pretty bad for some reason.

What?!?! There is no importing of draft classes in Madden this year?!?! Why on Earth would they remove that?!? That is just pure laziness.

Also Pat, have you found a decent named roster tag yet?

Yea i noticed that too, there is like a stutter in the replay for some reason. Iv also noticed some really ugly ball carry animations. Dont know whats up with that.

Yep they claimed they "didn't have time" to add in draft importing and player editing into their new stupid "concocted careers mode". I think that is horses**t. They had plenty of time, they just needed something to talk about for next years game.

As for named rosters, I'm assuming you are on PS3, so give these a try:

mtemple93

I can't confirm their authenticity, but apparently they have the names done along with coaches.

Are you f'n kidding me??? Can they not just leave the damn game alone? Ridiculous, EA getting the exclusive deals sucks!

Yea its awful man. There was a pretty big outcry when that info came out of E3. EA barely said anything about it though, everyone was so focused on the new engine that it just seemed to get swept under the rug.

Yea i noticed that too, there is like a stutter in the replay for some reason. Iv also noticed some really ugly ball carry animations. Dont know whats up with that.

Yep they claimed they "didn't have time" to add in draft importing and player editing into their new stupid "concocted careers mode". I think that is horses**t. They had plenty of time, they just needed something to talk about for next years game.

As for named rosters, I'm assuming you are on PS3, so give these a try:

mtemple93

I can't confirm their authenticity, but apparently they have the names done along with coaches.

Yea its awful man. There was a pretty big outcry when that info came out of E3. EA barely said anything about it though, everyone was so focused on the new engine that it just seemed to get swept under the rug.

Ugh, typical EA. They add fix 3 things while ruining ten. :facepalm:

Thanks, buddy. I'm looking at the mtemple roster. Looks pretty good. :up:

Ugh, typical EA. They add fix 3 things while ruining ten. :facepalm:

Thanks, buddy. I'm looking at the mtemple roster. Looks pretty good. :up:

Yea its pathetic. There isn't another dev out there working on a sports title that seems to be as half assed as the guys at Tiburon. I mean you dont see the 2K guys doing this. I think its a deliberate act tho. They take things out so they can claim they are adding them back next year.

Yep. They're getting ready to roll it out as the new "next-gen features," I bet.

The 2K team is in the same boat as EA, virtually no competition yet each year they genuinely attempt to improve their product and keep it consistently good. Hell, even other EA studios can say the same. The Tiger Woods series always improves. NHL is always improving. Even on their down years (which every sports franchise has) there is never the kind of **** Tiburon pulls. It is like these developers take no pride in their work. And EA doesn't care, so long as they make money each year.

Yep. They're getting ready to roll it out as the new "next-gen features," I bet.

The 2K team is in the same boat as EA, virtually no competition yet each year they genuinely attempt to improve their product and keep it consistently good. Hell, even other EA studios can say the same. The Tiger Woods series always improves. NHL is always improving. Even on their down years (which every sports franchise has) there is never the kind of **** Tiburon pulls. It is like these developers take no pride in their work. And EA doesn't care, so long as they make money each year.

Yea that's a really good point. The NHL series and Fifa series are constantly considered to be some of the best sports sims around. I'm under the impression that there's just a lack of talent at that studio. They can't hold on to their creative directors either. There's been 3 since 2009. Ian Cummings was prob the best they had and he's gone on to do damn Facebook games. The working conditions must suck at tiburon.

Yea that's a really good point. The NHL series and Fifa series are constantly considered to be some of the best sports sims around. I'm under the impression that there's just a lack of talent at that studio. They can't hold on to their creative directors either. There's been 3 since 2009. Ian Cummings was prob the best they had and he's gone on to do damn Facebook games. The working conditions must suck at tiburon.

From what I've gathered, reading up on all of this, the reason that there is no import is because the new "connected career mode," was worked on by three separate teams (one for coach mode, one for superstar mode and one for online franchise) and apparently all three teams were on entirely separate pages. Therefore it was difficult to integrate various features across all three modes. Why Tiburon would have three teams work on what is essentially the same mode and make them each so different that universal features cannot be applied is beyond me. :facepalm:

From what I've gathered, reading up on all of this, the reason that there is no import is because the new "connected career mode," was worked on by three separate teams (one for coach mode, one for superstar mode and one for online franchise) and apparently all three teams were on entirely separate pages. Therefore it was difficult to integrate various features across all three modes. Why Tiburon would have three teams work on what is essentially the same mode and make them each so different that universal features cannot be applied is beyond me. :facepalm:

And its such a simple damn feature. I mean theres nothing new. That code has been in use for the last what 8 years? This is easily the most boneheaded thing to come out of this developer. I just dont get it.

*sigh* I was looking forward to returning the Gators to national glory but, from what I've been reading here and on other boards, I've decided I'm now going to pass on this one.

*sigh* I was looking forward to returning the Gators to national glory but, from what I've been reading here and on other boards, I've decided I'm now going to pass on this one.

Yea I was super looking forward to Madden then I hear I can't edit my plauers(the most basic of functions) and I can't import an NCAA draft class. Iv gone from having a full preorder on the game to out right passing.

As for NCAA 2013, it's good, better than last year, unfortunately there's just not much new, at all. You'd be better off saving the 60 bux and finding someone who'll make 2013 rosters and upload them to NCAA 2012.

For those on the PS3, here are 2 PSn names that have the FULL rosters in their EA Locker. By FULL i mean all player names, correct heights, weights, year, skin tone, hair and equipment. There are also some slight ratings edits. 360 versions should be done later this week.

KW1KC
volstopfan14

Yea I was super looking forward to Madden then I hear I can't edit my plauers(the most basic of functions) and I can't import an NCAA draft class. Iv gone from having a full preorder on the game to out right passing.

As for NCAA 2013, it's good, better than last year, unfortunately there's just not much new, at all. You'd be better off saving the 60 bux and finding someone who'll make 2013 rosters and upload them to NCAA 2012.

So this game doesn't use any physics like the new madden will? :csad:

None. For some reason the NCAA team decided not to use that engine this year.

In need of a Football game, but Madden is too far away. Plus, the whole no editing players thing is a huge deal for me. What would you rate NCAA 13?

In need of a Football game, but Madden is too far away. Plus, the whole no editing players thing is a huge deal for me. What would you rate NCAA 13?

Hmm, id give it a 7, just because of its lack of innovation. I mean these yearly sports games rarely advance that much with a yrs dev time, but EA really half assed this one. I mean its still a very good football game. It plays well, the new qb trajectories help and the new receiving animations are fantastic. Its just outside of that, there really isn't much new. Ya have the same commentary, the exact same dynasty layout etc. If ya pick up NCAA 2013, you aren't getting a bad game tho.

Also, Amazon.com is selling it for 45 bux, which is a pretty good deal.

Well, EA is patching Madden 13 to make offline connected career more like franchise mode. Players can be editted in season, custom rosters can be added and multi-player.

Here are the new features:

Feature Additions:

Custom Rosters Offline: Added the ability to start an offline career with a custom roster.
Connected Careers Edit Player: Added the ability to edit gear and information for players in a league.
Coach Mode in Connected Careers: Added the ability to use coach mode in Connected Careers.
Changing Schemes in Connected Careers: Added the ability to change offensive and defensive schemes as a coach.
Offline Play Along in Connected Careers: Added the ability for multiple people to join a CCM game. This applies to coaches only.
Draft Clock: Added a draft clock during the draft that is displayed on screen if you leave the draft interface to view rosters, depth charts, etc.
Draft Filter: Added a filter to the draft screen to display players that have been drafted.
Connected Careers Practice XP: Added the ability for user controlled players to earn extra XP in practice mode through the stats they accumulate.

Connected Career with these features should be solid. :up: Should've been in from the beginning, but I'm happy we're getting it. Next year, put coordinators and importing NCAA rosters back into Connected Careers and Madden's franchise will be solid again. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"