The Rundown

kooguy911

Sidekick
Reaction score
Last few weeks Ive been thinking about making a car chase movie. Ive had some incredible ideas and inventions of how to angle the camera. I have some ideas about some spectacular views and how to make them real. This movie would not use any special effects whatsoever, obviously i dont have that kind of money. However, what I have is ideas and the ability to make this thing.

The pending title is "The RunDown" but of course that could change, its just a temperary title because i have to call this project something.

The 2 biggest bullets i need to dodge before i make it is that I need to have my license, or have someone with a license to drive. If I cant get drivers, then I cant make this movie untill im 16 or 18 depending on law's regulations of the license/permet.

The other bullet is cars. I can do this, I have enough time. Im gonna build a mustang up in a few months when i have enough money, im gonna get a good job in winter possibly for a christmas villiage type place. Haha, i know id have to dress up as an elf or whatever but id get money. Im gonna fix it up, ive had some practice with my dad over the years working with him in the garage, so this is gonna be a challenge but its not like im going into unknown territory.

So thats possibly 1 Mustang i got. Im not sure where im going to get the other cars, although i plan to save up again and buy a couple junk cars from the junkyard to crash up. That should be like $1000 dollars right there for the junkyard cars.

But I need another car for the movie, so either I have to fix up another mustang, and have a pure ford mustang chase movie (which would be spectacular), OR, for a cheaper cost, go out and buy a used 90s firebird. Either way, it will be awesome. Again, Im gonna have to save, it should be like 2000$-3000$ for the firebird, thats what im looking for. I can fix that up a bit to look shiny for the movie and whatnot. Whats under the hood doesnt matter as much, because ill be filming at about 60-80 mph tops anyway, and it wouldnt be a problem in the stock firebird, let alone my own mustang.

Since my dad is in the drag racing buisness, I will be able to go and possibly work out a deal with some track owners (with some money involved of course) to go out and film on the courses for this part of the movie im planning. The rest of the chasing will be on backroads, which ill do with no cops around, and if any cops are around ill just not film that day. I know some good backroads where nobody drives on and no cops go to, so it will be perfect.

Im hoping this movie will launch my career as a director, and i seriously hope to get to sundance one day. I promise you if I ever become a big money film maker, Ill make true racing movies with no bull**** "fast and furious" fake stuff. I promise.

Now heres my cost issues, all guesses on what it will be:

100-6000$ (Filming equitment) (good cameras cost alot..)
3000-6000$ (Total amount of money spent on the Mustang, Id prefer a Fox body, but if i cant get it thats ok)
2000-3000$ (Firebird allowance of money, if i see one at 4000$ i could do that maybe)
50-80$ - Availabilty to use DragStrip
=
5180$ (minimum)
15080$ (Maximum)

I dont plan on paying anyone for doing work in the movie, because ill mostly be using amataurs or friends, so if i pay anything to anyone it would be less than 50$. That might change though. Who knows.

I know, I know, 1580$ sounds far fetched, but I have 5 years at least to save, and if i dont spend a dime, I think I can do it. Hopefully ohers will pitch in and help me.

I keep having dreams about making this movie. The whole damn thing is like etched in my head, like a book, and i cant get it out. Theres not a way I keep visually see it, but its there, the whole thing, I dont know if thats what other directors feel or not when they have an idea, but thats how it is with me right now

my real inspiration is movies like gone in 60 seconds from the 70s, directors that started like i did and made fantastic movies.

There's already a film called the Rundown starring The Rock and Seann William Scott.
It's actually a pretty good film.

i know, but if u read it,

im just calling this the rundown untill i finsih the movie so i can think of a real name when im done.

I was actually thinking of calling it "project rundown" but "the rundown" sounded cooler.

good luck, between your chase movie and my grocery store comedy, we'll need it

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"