NCAA 12/Madden 12

The more i play Madden the more it becomes apparent at how broken it is. This has to be one of the more broken titles they've released. DB's dont play the ball in the air, some players shoulder pads appear way too high in game, the crowd sounds cut out after half time, some teams are forced to play in rain games ALL the time in franchise, the challenge play system doesn't show you what you actually challenged and well as a handful of others.

Im assuming most of this will be patched, but again, how EA lets this stuff slip is beyond me. I honestly think they DO catch it, they just dont do anything about it until enough people complain.

I feel the same way. Madden 12 looks great on the surface but the more that you dig, the more problems you find.

All of the new features on Franchise are either small cosmetic changes or broken systems. The much hyped scouting system is awful. I don't care if I don't focus on certain players, I should still have their combine numbers and basics going into the draft. That is common sense. The free agency bid system makes it almost impossible to focus on more than one player or have a multiplayer franchise. Not to mention there is no sense of negotiation, you simply have to pound X as much as possible. They've turned free agency into button mashing! Cut days are absolutely pointless. Just a bunch of randomly generated scrub players to highlight and press x on. As you mentioned, the weather generator is broken.

EA took a lot of steps forward this year. But virtually all of them were in the wrong direction. I'm really close to just trading it in towards Skyrim or Uncharted and just sticking with 11 for another year.

I played this at a friends house the other day so I haven't seen any of those problems but that sucks that they're there. My big problem with the game is the commentary. Only MLB the show has worse commentary than this game. It's all terrible, none of it flows well. It doesn't even sound like they're up in the broadcasting booth. They need to look over at NBA 2k series on how to do commentating correctly.

I played this at a friends house the other day so I haven't seen any of those problems but that sucks that they're there. My big problem with the game is the commentary. Only MLB the show has worse commentary than this game. It's all terrible, none of it flows well. It doesn't even sound like they're up in the broadcasting booth. They need to look over at NBA 2k series on how to do commentating correctly.

Yea i didn't start noticing the flaws until like week 8 of my franchise. Once you sink some time with the game you'll notice them. Hopefully they'll get patched.

I couldn't agree more on the commentary. EA has got to be embarrassed at how bad the play by play is when compared to NBA 2K. I love hearing Gus Johnson say "And Chris, tell us what this team can do to win" only to have Chris Collinsworth completely silent.

Wow this game keeps havin stupider ideas. My cousin is about 14 and he has just the free xbox membership and madden wont let him download the rosters because he doesnt have a gold membership. Really stupid. Oh yeah also the defensive backs need to learn how to intercept the ball and not knock everything down

Wow this game keeps havin stupider ideas. My cousin is about 14 and he has just the free xbox membership and madden wont let him download the rosters because he doesnt have a gold membership. Really stupid. Oh yeah also the defensive backs need to learn how to intercept the ball and not knock everything down

Yea, thats not really on EA, thats on MS. You have to pay for any kind of online functionality in your games.

I agree with the DB's. It SUPER annoying. They NEVER play the ball in the air, iv yet to see a DB actually leave the ground to try and stop a pass. If its one on one, the receiver will win EVERY time.

Is there any word on a patch from EA? The NCAA patch that EA promised would be released in August still hasn't come out. Who knows when Madden will be patched? There is a lot of speculation flying around that EA has no intentions of patching Madden and will just begin working on 13.

They always patch madden, at least once, so there deff will be a patch. Id assume it'll be out by the end of this month but who knows

Eh, I suppose. Though if the patch is inadequate I will likely trade it in. Hey Pat, you work at Gamestop, right? If I already have Uncharted 3 and Skyrim paid off, can I get a partial refund and use my Madden credit towards one of them instead?

Eh, I suppose. Though if the patch is inadequate I will likely trade it in. Hey Pat, you work at Gamestop, right? If I already have Uncharted 3 and Skyrim paid off, can I get a partial refund and use my Madden credit towards one of them instead?

U could trade madden in(goes for around 28 bux) but I doubt u could get any kind of refund. Yea u could put it towards either game and get whatever u put towards it back

U could trade madden in(goes for around 28 bux) but I doubt u could get any kind of refund. Yea u could put it towards either game and get whatever u put towards it back

Yeah, that's what I meant. I have Skyrim and Uncharted paid off, I will just get a $28 refund on those and put the trade in credit to make up the difference. Thanks. :up:

i plan on picking up ncaa 2012 asap. i always find the ncaa titles preferable to the madden ones for some reason

i plan on picking up ncaa 2012 asap. i always find the ncaa titles preferable to the madden ones for some reason

I think Madden has NCAA beat in presentation, but I think this years NCAA is slightly more solid all around. It's not nearly as broken as Madden. Both of em need work if they wanna take the crown from the NBA 2K series

IMO, MLB The Show still hold the title for best all around sports game. It gives the best all around package. It has good online play, outstanding franchise and career modes for the sim junkies like myself and great stand alone play for the casual fans.

IMO, MLB The Show still hold the title for best all around sports game. It gives the best all around package. It has good online play, outstanding franchise and career modes for the sim junkies like myself and great stand alone play for the casual fans.

The Show is good but it hasn't topped 2K11. It has terrible commentary and this years online functionality was worse than even 2K11's.

I agree on the career modes tho, I think they have the best in the biz.

i'm not big on baseball games to play but i'll play basketball and football anytime

i was never partial to the Madden games, i think i prefer the NCAA for the Road to Glory and building dynasties, and recruiting etc. i ended up going out and buying it today.

i really wanna check out nba 2k11 but with 2k12 right around the corner, i may as well wait, right?

i really wanna check out nba 2k11 but with 2k12 right around the corner, i may as well wait, right?

Absolutely.

The only downside to 2K12 is that, until the lockout ends(if it ends) there won't be any rookies in the game. The My Player mode is getting some great additions though, along with some great new presentation enhancements and commentary enhancements. NBA 2K12 is a MUST buy, especially considering there more than likely won't be any NBA this season.

Overall im enjoying most of the sports games this year. Outside of a few small gripes with Madden, like the DB's not playing the ball and DeAngelo Williams STILL not having his dreads, its a solid game.

Thats great news about 2k12's My player getting additions because I wasn't a huge fan of 2k11's my player even though thats the mode I wanted to play the most. As for the baseball game, I think 2k11 is the best baseball game so far on any console. The Show is definitely good but I think now a days people say its good more based on the name than the actual product. This years The Show was a huge step down from what it should have been while the 2k series is slowly building upon itself every year.

i'm not big on baseball games to play but i'll play basketball and football anytime

i was never partial to the Madden games, i think i prefer the NCAA for the Road to Glory and building dynasties, and recruiting etc. i ended up going out and buying it today.

You ever play online or no?

Just bought it today, and only played one game, but it sucks that there's still that get-hit-while-you-throw-and-have-it-intercepted thing that happens so often. I guess I'll get better at avoiding it again, but damn that's a *****! Game looks a bit better, but really just feels the same. Still fun though.

By the way, anybody know if they do roster updates like in NBA 2k?

Just bought it today, and only played one game, but it sucks that there's still that get-hit-while-you-throw-and-have-it-intercepted thing that happens so often. I guess I'll get better at avoiding it again, but damn that's a *****! Game looks a bit better, but really just feels the same. Still fun though.

By the way, anybody know if they do roster updates like in NBA 2k?

Well if you try to throw as u are getting hit, that's going to result in a poor throw. Learn to get rid of the ball quicker, or take the hit. That's been my problem is that I don't know when to take the hit and I force a lot of passes I shouldnt.

Yea, the first roster update is already out. It cuts the roster to 53 player per team and adds all the transactions up to 9/11/11

Any news on a patch? I think I am just going to trade it in. I am a huge sim junky, and for all it's flaws, 2011 still has a better franchise mode. The attempts to upgrade the franchise mode have almost all failed (cut weeks are pointless, the new free agency bidding is a joke, the scouting system is absurd, coach impact is negligible and coach hiring/firing logic is still broken). I don't see how a patch can fix these as they are basically the foundation for franchise mode.

Any news on a patch? I think I am just going to trade it in. I am a huge sim junky, and for all it's flaws, 2011 still has a better franchise mode. The attempts to upgrade the franchise mode have almost all failed (cut weeks are pointless, the new free agency bidding is a joke, the scouting system is absurd, coach impact is negligible and coach hiring/firing logic is still broken). I don't see how a patch can fix these as they are basically the foundation for franchise mode.

There will be a patch, when, i dont know. It took EA 2 months to push out the NCAA 2012 patch so id assume by the end of this month or October is when we will see the first patch for Madden.

How do I download the roster update?

And ya, passing is much harder in this game. Alot of my strategies for passing from 11 just don't carry over to '12 because of the improved defense. I still have yet to win a game on All-Pro, even though I was dominating on the demo, haha.

There will be a patch, when, i dont know. It took EA 2 months to push out the NCAA 2012 patch so id assume by the end of this month or October is when we will see the first patch for Madden.

I'm sure that things like the weather generator and pass dropping will be fixed. But patches can only fix existing features, not revamp entirely broken ones. Unless the patch brings back old free agency/scouting, changes the coach names, and gets rid of cut weeks then all it will be doing is tweaking broken features. Thus, I am cutting my losses and trading in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"