Nearly finished

I made the stand. It has a batarang on the front so it looks more complex than it is. A number of places sell what are sometimes refered to as a "wig head" it is basically a styrofoam head. I added a wooden black laquered base and some simple plumbing fixtures and it ends up looking real industrial and professional is the same thing you see the Magneto helmet sitting on.

DSC00485.JPG

DSC00484.JPG

this is what you are seeing inside bats

email me your address i will send you one of the heads. the ones i have are for displaying military gear and are tan and the face has good features. Most of the heads i found look like marilyn manson without makeup and are stark white.

If you see one of these goblin heads on ebay it was probably made from my castings. I made this mask when the first teasers came out for spidey 1 and now everybody is making them and selling them and i know no one else is sculpting them from scratch
(but you cant collect like i do and be in it for the money, it has to be for a love of the characters and comic books)

if I may ask, SK15, how is you have so much money?

Originally posted by suicideking15

email me your address i will send you one of the heads. the ones i have are for displaying military gear and are tan and the face has good features. Most of the heads i found look like marilyn manson without makeup and are stark white.

(but you cant collect like i do and be in it for the money, it has to be for a love of the characters and comic books) [/B]

that's very generous of you.. but im not sure if itll fit. I think the cowl i have is smaller than usual.. i cant even fit my head through it. Right now Im using a small foam ball that's definately not the size of a human head. It barely fits thru the opening. Im really more interested in how you made the stand for it but i think i have a pretty good idea now. Just need to find a base to screw on that piping. Then i'd just mount the foam ball on top.

Originally posted by Elijya
if I may ask, SK15, how is you have so much money?

I am not independently wealthy just "comfortable" I am always willing to help out another enthusiast. I hope your project turns out. My only other suggestion is not to use natural wood for the base, use the manufacturered pre-primered (usually white) wood found in the trim section of your local hardware store. It will paint alot smoother and not warp with time.

hey, sk15, did your auction ever get past $295? I would been happy to fake bid to up the price for you

any pics of the gunblade's progress or anything else you're working on?

it got to $500 i declined to sell. I might reconsider. I am still waiting on casting materials for the gunblade but the mold for the gun portion is ready. I still have to rework the trigger guard and handle.

closer to the movie they'll make more. wait til tv ads start showing up

Originally posted by Elijya
hey, sk15, did your auction ever get past $295? I would been happy to fake bid to up the price for you

Goddamn that's shady. I hate ppl like you with no morals. That defeats the whole purpose of ebay. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hey Suicide King (that is a great movie btw), you do some great work! I built my own Jango Fett costume and it turned out really well, if I do say so myself. However, I just bought a fiberglass goblin helmet, and am looking to do the whole costume. But I can't seem to form sintra to the right shapes, regardless of how much bondo building I try to do. It looks like I'll have to go with vaccuformed styrene. Do you, or do you know of anyone who does this armor? I don't have the room for a vaccuform table. Also, what paint did you use, or was it a powder cast? The "soft" part of the costume looks to be a pain too. That's going to take a THICK needle on the ol' sewing machine!

PM me if you want to keep the info from prying eyes. Marvel tends to be jerks when it comes to copywrite infringement. Heck, they won't even let people make skins for the game "The Sims" anymore. Lucas used to be the same way with Star Wars stuff, but so many people keep doing it, he's started slacking off. :D

Oh yeah, my wife wants to know where you got the Cyclops visor.

Thanks for any info you can give.

Oh yeah, I noticed you're working on the gunblade. Will you be making the keychain-thing hanging from the grip too?

Originally posted by Wushuboy
Goddamn that's shady. I hate ppl like you with no morals. That defeats the whole purpose of ebay. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I've never bid on ebay before, it would've just been to help out

I actually have a full set of Goblin armor cast in resin that you might be interested in. I sculpted the raised pieces and cast them in a plastic like material that should now make perfect latex molds. i was considering casting them in polystyrene foam (like the hulk hands are made of) But if you had a vaccum form table that would be ideal. they would then be light weight and could be attached easily. The gunblade is under construction and i assume yes i will have to add the keychain attachment as well I sculpted and cast the visor it is a one off as i destroyed the mold when making it but could recast it if needed. I attached a picture of the goblin armor and some of the molds i used for the dock ock arm.
DSC00494.JPG

DSC00492.JPG

the last picture fell out. and yes i realize this set needs some finishing but it still has a long way to go to be finished.
DSC00493.JPG

An update of the Gunblade project. Here are some pics of our progress. It shows the blank i will machine the blade from and the Airsoft 357 i plan on casting to make the gun portion. The cast will be very complicated but i will post some pictures as i progress.
DSC00497.JPG

DSC00498.JPG

DSC00500.JPG

:eek: Holy Christmas... I had not seen that yet. Way to go man!

is there any way you can adjust the handle from that gun so it's angled back more like here?
gunblade-vero.jpg

gunblade.jpg

but the rest of it looks nice. I don't wanna give you too many corrections, but I do wanna get it right. Will it have trigger/hammer/revolver action? (it doesn't need to, but it would be nice) will the cylinder fold out?

i am sculpting a full handle it will match the picture. the frame you see there will be what we bolt it to

They are a factory-x product from about 2 years ago they are not wearable but a single cast with cast iron "web containers" around the wrist portion i will see if i cant get a better picture

gorgeous....

great news! my soon to be roommate wants one too, so I will definitely be taking two. I've also passed the word on to some friends at a videogame store, and they may be interested as well

OMG, that tentacle. Oh, to have money. Too bad you don't have mini ones that are a lot cheaper, lol!

What a great hobby! *envious*

DSC00520.JPG

here is the handle and body blocked and ready to sand and primer then cast. the grips will be added after.

DSC00521.JPG

and the blade. it is sanded and ready for primer then it will get cast. I expect the molds will be done this week if all goes well.

I had to remake the blade a few times to get the shape just right but i think the outcome will be best

OMG !!! How much was it again ? :p Maybe I'll try to get the money in the Summer holidays if you still make them of course

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"