Need some college advice

Do the right thing Sapphire! Don't stay at home! *peerpressure*

BobRoss.jpg

Save Fran!

I'm keeping this until frannypants sees it :o Goodnight gentlemen, and Bob Ross.

I wish i could talk a walk.

Sapphire I agree with jag, take the plunge if you don't like it, leave after a year. :o

I would simply go with whatever school is likely to offer you the best opportunities. Think of college as just a stepping stone to bigger things.

What school it is? If it's a school people know, might help you get advice on whether or not to go ?

So I recently I got excepted to the school I reallly wanted to go to. Every things all good in well grades and health wise. But I've only have this one problem; It's in a state I've never been to and I've never visited the campus. My mother refuses to go take a tour on the weekday the only day they have them and the next Open House for this year is on her birthday weekend and she has "plans" and we can't go. So the first time I'll be on the school's campus would be Freshman Orientation. So should I take the risk and go to the school I've never visited before or just go to a local school and wait till I'm able to visit the campus?

I really don't want to go to school instate. It's too close to home and I don't want my momma all in my mix.:down:

Seems odd that your mom wouldn't want to visit the campus with you, picking and going to college is a major decision. Why is she refusing to go during a weekday, does she not have vacation time, if it's because you'll miss school, you're in your last few months of high school, those months are a joke. Is the school in driving distance or will it require a plane ticket, that would be a good reason, that a good deal of money.

Overall, getting at least 2-3 hours away from home is always a good idea for college. Going to a local college where you'll still be living at home will be just like high school, most of the lessons you learn in college are outside the classroom anyway, somewhat living on your own, not having mom and dad always there to help you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"