Umbrella Academy Netflix Orders 'Umbrella Academy' Adaptation

I wanted to like the first season but when the show didn't bore me it annoyed me. If Wes Adnerson doing a super hero franchise is an idea that fires one's imagination this is the show for you. If that sounds aweful... I'd say skip it.

I for one can't see myself watching season two unless the recommendation comes from a friend whose take I trust.
Krypton is just jealous that he dances whiter then Ellen Page. :o

XA4CPOL.gif

I don't disagree with your take. It has some legit issues, feels quirky for the sake of quirkiness and rather slow at times. Between this, Doom Patrol and Deadly Class (RIP), I found this the weakest. But what I like about the show, I really like. Namely Vanya, #5 and Klaus. Also the entire Cha-Cha/Hazel side quest.

XA4CPOL.gif

I don't disagree with your take. It has some legit issues, feels quirky for the sake of quirkiness and rather slow at times. Between this, Doom Patrol and Deadly Class (RIP), I found this the weakest. But what I like about the show, I really like. Namely Vanya, #5 and Klaus. Also the entire Cha-Cha/Hazel side quest.

Liked a lot of the ideas and it's a seriously great cast... It felt all over the map though and the "quirkiness" felt more than just a little forced. That kid playing #5 though is bonkers great.

Agreed. The overall acting was solid especially Klaus and 5 but the the episodes keep just meandering on and on and I feel like no one actually has like a decent conversation with each other. So many moments were incredibly annoying. I haven’t found anyone to particularly root for in the series.

Liked a lot of the ideas and it's a seriously great cast... It felt all over the map though and the "quirkiness" felt more than just a little forced. That kid playing #5 though is bonkers great.
It's funny. I feel like one of the issues with the general quirkness of the show is it is suppose to be on display by a bunch of stereotypes being depressed. The exceptions are Vanya do to her decades of drugging and #5. #5, who probably has the most to actually be depressed about, isn't portrayed that way. He gets to have fun, and because of that and some good acting, he plays almost like a breath of fresh air on the show.

Agreed. The overall acting was solid especially Klaus and 5 but the the episodes keep just meandering on and on and I feel like no one actually has like a decent conversation with each other. So many moments were incredibly annoying. I haven’t found anyone to particularly root for in the series.
I do think that is intentional, and works with the overall arc fairly well. After all, these are some kids who grew up rather messed up, in a scenario where they were basically put in competition with each other by their alien father. Remember, this is the guy who decided to kill himself to bring them all back together. He's rather bad at all this. :hehe:

It's funny. I feel like one of the issues with the general quirkness of the show is it is suppose to be on display by a bunch of stereotypes being depressed. The exceptions are Vanya do to her decades of drugging and #5. #5, who probably has the most to actually be depressed about, isn't portrayed that way. He gets to have fun, and because of that and some good acting, he plays almost like a breath of fresh air on the show.

Kid is just killer ta boot. Seriously, if I was at Disney I would have scooped him up for playing young Loki for the show.

Kid is just killer ta boot. Seriously, if I was at Disney I would have scooped him up for playing young Loki for the show.
He is the physical manifestation of Dick Grayson imo, but I would take him for Kid Loki in an instant.

I do think that is intentional, and works with the overall arc fairly well. After all, these are some kids who grew up rather messed up, in a scenario where they were basically put in competition with each other by their alien father. Remember, this is the guy who decided to kill himself to bring them all back together. He's rather bad at all this. :hehe:

I completely understand what they were trying to do. it didn’t work well for me at all though. Just found it that much more boring and silly. Glad you enjoyed it though

XA4CPOL.gif

Could not agree with this more. I really enjoyed the first season, but I'd definitely put Doom Patrol and Deadly Class over it. It bumms me out even more that Deadly Class got canceled, because the set up for Season 2 was amazing and it had real potential to become something great.

I just came to post this. Well beaten by Slick. :D

I have been checking the Netflix YT page every morning for months. It's 5am and I couldn't be happier!:jd:

It's awesome that the date has finally been announced. Now its all about waiting the game.

umbrellaacademy4.jpg

umbrellaacademy5.jpg

umbrellaacademy3.jpg

umbrellaacademy2.jpg

umbrellaacademy7.jpg

umbrellaacademy1.jpg

umbrellaacademy6.jpg

It seems to only be posters. :(
Well there is some potential clues there.

-The Time period? Clothes? Did they go back to the 60s?

-#6 (Ben) Only one still in the same outfit, ...I guess being a ghost you don't get a wardrobe change!:oldrazz:

- Diego and Klaus' long hair and beards weren't just between season down time looks, but in-show running character changes.

- #3 (Alison) Has her scar healed?

- #5 is a bloody mess! :cwink: wtf???

Last edited:
5 is going to look quite different. Also I hope we get to see a fair amount of 6 this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"