New Beware the Batman Cartoon Pic!

LegionsOfGotham

LegionsOfGotham.org Owner
Reaction score
BEWAREnew.jpg

Are we sure this is Batman and not the latest Shrek spin-off?

they look more like Disney characters than Batman villains

Is that supposed to be Professor Pyg lol?

I must be the only person looking forward to this lol

Haha, nope, I'm definitely interested.

Not a great design for Pyg though, he's a bit large and I'm being generous when I say "a bit".

Yeah, Pyg is looking pretty huge. I read that they toned down the violence which is understandable because it's a kid's show. I mean Pyg and Mr. Toad are disturbing as hell. I also read after that school shooting they're making the firearms look more unrealistic.

I really hope this is good so far my interest in it is minimal to say the least.

Yeah, Pyg is looking pretty huge. I read that they toned down the violence which is understandable because it's a kid's show. I mean Pyg and Mr. Toad are disturbing as hell. I also read after that school shooting they're making the firearms look more unrealistic.

Seems like you're the only poster in this thread who actually reads Batman comic books.

Yeah, I have no idea how they are going to capture the darkness of Professor Pyg. Also is that even a pig mask there or have they made him into an actual anthropomorphic pig?

Giant cartoon bombs kind of seals the deal. I'm fine with them doing a lighthearted Batman show, but why they'd pick the darkest villains to headline it, I have no clue. If they had done this to, say, the Mad Hatter or the Joker, it would make sense. You can do zany with both of them and various others and it works fine. But Professor Pyg? Gah.

It's a mask, you can tell by the chin being a different shade of color. This isn't supposed to be a lighthearted take on Batman either.

I see it as a middle ground between BTAS and The Batman as far as tone goes.

Seems like you're the only poster in this thread who actually reads Batman comic books.

Haha. Yes...a long time subscriber. A longtime regular comic reader for that matter.I noticed not a lot of hype members actually read comics. The comic sections around here are mostly ghost towns besides a "post your favorite pic" thread. But anyway, they're not Batman's A list Rogues by any means but, hey, I remember reading their arcs a while back. And the way they were established...I remember them. Creepy bastards.

This new picture gives me a Sly Cooper vibe. In that case Mr. Toad could be Sir Raleigh.

Regardless, there is a new Batman animated series that focuses on his detective skills and features villains like Professor Pyg, Mr Toad, Anarky and Magpie. How could I not be excited?

I've learned not to be so judgemental when it comes to Batman animation evidenced by when i dismissed Brave and the Bold and it turned out to be a huge mistake considering how hard it blew my mind.

Looks awful, but I might give it a chance if it's really all about the detective side of Batman. That's the only reason the show has gotten me interested. Everything else from a gun-toting Alfred to Katana has got me rolling my eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"