New "Beware The Batman" CG-Series

zmystico

Civilian
Reaction score
http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2012/0...nces-new-cg-animated-series-beware-the-batman

Yesterday, Cartoon Network announced a slew of new shows including a new CG-animated series from Warner Bros. Animation, Beware the Batman. Here's the official description of the show, slated to hit the airwaves later this year:

A cool, new take on the classic Dark Knight franchise, Beware the Batman incorporates Batman’s core characters with a rogues gallery of new villains not previously seen in animated form. Along with backup from ex-secret agent Alfred and lethal swordstress Katana, the Dark Knight faces the twisted machinations of Gotham City’s criminal underworld led by the likes of Anarky, Professor Pyg, Mister Toad and Magpie. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation, this action-packed detective thriller deftly redefines what we have come to know as a “Batman show.” Featuring cutting-edge CGI visuals to match the intricate twists and turns of the narrative, Batman steps out of the shadows and into the spotlight for an entirely new generation of fans. With WBA’s Sam Register executive producing, and Batman Beyond’s Glen Murakami and Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated’s Mitch Watson producing, Beware the Batman, based on characters from DC Comics, is coming soon to Cartoon Network!

im really hoping this show can be somewhat entertaining. The Batman had its ups and downs but overall IMO was pretty solid, but nothing can compare to BTAS

Hope they have all the villains we know and love and plz no music mistro

its been said that new villains like proffessor pyg will be involved along with old favorites. I just hope its not too much of a childrens show.

it definitely looks interesting

Yeah for sure, I like how dark it looks for one and the guy whose voicing Batman sounds good too. Looking forward to it, Green Lantern TAS has opened my eyes to CG shows.

Animation looks cool... but i'm wracking my brains to see if I can figure out who the voice is.

Marc Worden maybe? I suppose it could be anybody.

Looks awful as expected and the voice is as bad as Ben McKenzie voice in year one.

I think theres hope with the short preview that was just released. It seems as if Batmans tone of voice is darker so hopefully the series will be somewhat serious. I understand it most likely wont be the same tone as BTAS with Katanna and alfred being sidekicks and all, as well as being part of the DC nation block on saturday mornings, but theres hope..

I like it but I wish they back to BTAS style shows..... :csad:

Good voice, so far it looks good.

Saw the first episode for the first time, fairly reasonable quality for a pilot.

"I'm done trusting doctor Ravencroft"
"Let's go some place where trust isn't an issue"
"I trust you"

Everything before is fine in the episode 'Family', but this one is a sore thumb.

Between this and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, it's interesting how violent cgi animated shows for children can get. Characters are allowed to break legs without turning to slow motion footage.

The plan of Ra's AlGhul is a little too much like that of Bane in The Dark Knight Rises, I'm interested in the possibility of Katana shooting him with the bike cannon and seeing Lady Shiva die in a truck accident, or the other way around.

The episode 'Choices' is pretty well thought out. I love it when storytellers remember that Killer Croc is smart, it's even better when it has funny moments like Croc asking how many people does Batman have on his payroll. :funny:

One episode remaining, and I'm nearly done with the series.
I love that Arkham City clone we know as Arkham Origins, and I love the homages and similar bits this show has to that game and its teaser (dock fight with Deathstroke), so I say it is more regrettable that this show ended before its time, and I hope that they revive it -albeit it being significantly less popular than the more impressive- the way they revived Young Justice.

@Pfeiffer-Pfan @Jick @Cobblepot @Two-Face
How do you rank Batman animated shows? Including or excluding Batman Beyond, and the two shows prior to 1992. For me
  1. Batman: TAS + TNBA
  2. The Brave & the Bold
  3. The Batman
  4. Batman beyond
  5. Beware the Batman
The latest one is my least favorite of the ones I watched in full up to this point, thought I still love it.

I missed nº 2 and 5. Didn't watch one episode of neither of them, but I love the "Grey and Blue" song from the Brave and The Bold. It makes me feel nostalgic about something I never watched.

TAS was simply the best. I know people don't use to like The Batman very much but I adored this different interpretation. I barely remember Beyond, didn't watch all of the episodes, but I remember liking it, specially the amazing film Return of The Joker.

I missed nº 2 and 5. Didn't watch one episode of neither of them, but I love the "Grey and Blue" song from the Brave and The Bold. It makes me feel nostalgic about something I never watched.

The Brave & the Bold is awesome, definitely worth checking out.

And Beware the Batman is Arkham Origins blended in with the Dark Knight trilogy, so it's worth checking out for that. And it's really good.

Just needed to chime in here because I have been rewatching Beware The Batman lately.

But the show is really good. I just appreciate the team behind this show using the more 'obscure' villains in Batman's rogue's gallery, Harvey Dent coming in halfway in the season was great and I really loved the animation here.

Now it wasn't all great, I did feel that Gotham itself felt 'empty' lots of scenes taking place on the streets of Gotham yet there were little to no people around. That was something I noticed a couple of episodes in, I'm guessing that was a budget thing. Also surprised how little we get of Alfred once Katana comes into the fold, I really enjoyed this depiction of him and was bummed when he wasn't in the show as much as the season progressed.

Seeing some of the concept art for Season 2, it would've been great to see Two-Face as a reoccurring villain after seeing him in the finale.

latest

Also, Deathstroke in this is great. Just got to give a shout out to the design on the voice for him, I thought he was great.

latest

Overall, I felt this show, as well as the GL series, didn't deserve to be canceled after a single season. Especially considering how CN treated both of the shows, consistently putting the shows on break and constantly moving around their time slots. How is a show supposed to succeed with such a lack of support? To me, it was obvious CN wanted Teen Titans GO! to succeed because of the campy nature of it, they could sell toys, direct to dvd movies, merch, etc. Whereas with this show they really couldn't, it was a more mature tone. Both BTB and GL would've succeeded had they been on a streaming service ala HBO Max.

Love the animation style, love the use of smaller villains. Maybe we'll see something like this again in the near future on HBO Max.

The closest we've gotten to new content since this show was cancelled is that piece of Two-Face of concept art and this Deathstroke bust that's actually coming out later this month.
batman-the-animated-series-bust-beware-the-batman.jpg

The episode 'Choices' is pretty well thought out. I love it when storytellers remember that Killer Croc is smart, it's even better when it has funny moments like Croc asking how many people does Batman have on his payroll. :funny:

Right? This is probably why it's my favorite take on Croc outside of the comics. Most other versions make him too much of an animal or a dumb brute. Even B:TAS, which had him right intially, started to think Batman's characterization of him as the "hit 'im with a rock" guy was real.

So Ra's AlGhul was voiced by Lance Riddick (Charon from John Wick series), this is even better.

Please, DC streaming service, push for more episodes of this series, please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"