New children's cartoon set to debut...Buddy G with Two Mommies

I have a hard time seeing this being an official television show. No, not because Buddy has two moms. But because the show seems to be about Buddy having two moms. I'm not sure a children's television show will be either successful or well-received when it revolves around the character's parents' sexual orientation.

But, his moms are hot.

Exactly , what kid is going to get hooked on a cartoon like that . There go my two lesbian moms doing something silly again , It just doesn't work .

Down fall of America, anyone?

Yup, us gays are in the middle of a covert operation to brainwash all your children into getting gay-married. Then there'll be no stopping us, since we'll have an army capable of taking down your United States of America! :up:

this might be successful that heather has two mommies book was

Totally agree. The world is diverse; why shouldn't television reflect that reality?

Maybe, but should CHILDREN, really have their nose rubbed into homosexuality? I would have the same objection if a show aimed at children focused so much on the sexuality of a hetero-couple. Like Bamfer said, the problem isn't that Buddy has two moms...it is that the show seems to completely focus on the fact that Buddy has two moms.

Hell, in a way they are showing how different he is because of it.

I was kidding. Who cares? Didn't they make a show about this already with 2 guys? "My two dads"?

Umm...I'm not sure if you're serious or not...but My Two Dads wasn't about that.

Children shouldn't be introduced to any sexuality. At least not at the age that the clip seems to be aimed toward. If a child has parents of the same sex, it should be the parents job to tell them that it's fine and acceptable (if they don't already believe it so.)

Should children's television be about drugs, violence and crime? No. Sexuality is just as an adult theme as such.

I agree and that isn't what entertains kids anway .

Maybe, but should CHILDREN, really have their nose rubbed into homosexuality? I would have the same objection if a show aimed at children focused so much on the sexuality of a hetero-couple. Like Bamfer said, the problem isn't that Buddy has two moms...it is that the show seems to completely focus on the fact that Buddy has two moms.

Hell, in a way they are showing how different he is because of it.

But that's just it. Kids with same-sex parents are different. And kids need to learn that there is nothing wrong with having two moms or two dads. There should be mediums by which children can break away from the stereotypes which they will eventually encounter as they progress through elementary and middle school. If a TV show about a kid with two moms (or a book about two gay penguins, etc) is a way to encourage acceptance and tolerance, then I feel that it will do more good than harm in the long wrong.

Let it be said, though, that I do find it a bit objectionable that the show completely revolves around the kid's parents, and not his own misadventures. I would prefer that it just be about Buddy G, keeping his Two Mommies out of the title altogether. That isn't the path the producers chose to take. But I still support what it's trying to teach kids.

One of my friends was raised by two men , obviously she turned out fine . I think if a show is going to have a gay character they should'nt have to put a banner over them , They should just blend in as part of the nucleaus of the program . If it isnt pointed out every episode then it would seem normal and kids would not question it .

But that's just it. Kids with same-sex parents are different. And kids need to learn that there is nothing wrong with having two moms or two dads. There should be mediums by which children can break away from the stereotypes which they will eventually encounter as they progress through elementary and middle school. If a TV show about a kid with two moms (or a book about two gay penguins, etc) is a way to encourage acceptance and tolerance, then I feel that it will do more good than harm in the long wrong.

Let it be said, though, that I do find it a bit objectionable that the show completely revolves around the kid's parents, and not his own misadventures. I would prefer that it just be about Buddy G, keeping his Two Mommies out of the title altogether. That isn't the path the producers chose to take. But I still support what it's trying to teach kids.

But its NOT about acceptance if you go out of your way to show how different they are BECAUSE they have two mommies. Acceptance would be showing how despite the fact that they have two mommies they are still human, just like a kid with hetero-parents.

Children shouldn't be introduced to any sexuality. At least not at the age that the clip seems to be aimed toward. If a child has parents of the same sex, it should be the parents job to tell them that it's fine and acceptable (if they don't already believe it so.)

Should children's television be about drugs, violence and crime? No. Sexuality is just as an adult theme as such.

I concur.

But its NOT about acceptance if you go out of your way to show how different they are BECAUSE they have two mommies. Acceptance would be showing how despite the fact that they have two mommies they are still human, just like a kid with hetero-parents.

Right. And isn't that what the show is doing? From the looks of it, those in charge are attempting to portray the kid as living a healthy and fun life, despite the fact that he has two moms. He enjoys life, and notices the benefits of having two parents who love him regardless of their sex.

Also, the producers/ writers/ creators aren't going out of their way to show how different the kid is, considering it is the premise of the show.

Right. And isn't that what the show is doing? From the looks of it, those in charge are attempting to portray the kid as living a healthy and fun life, despite the fact that he has two moms. He enjoys life, and notices the benefits of having two parents who love him regardless of their sex.

Also, the producers/ writers/ creators aren't going out of their way to show how different the kid is, considering it is the premise of the show.

The focus on the two mothers says to me that they are trying to go out of their way to show how different the child is. If they wanted to show him as normal, they would portray him as a normal child and keep the mothers in the background. Not rub the viewer's nose in them every two seconds.

But again, I agree with Bamfer. No children's show should focus on the sexuality of two parents. Hetero or homosexual.

The focus on the two mothers says to me that they are trying to go out of their way to show how different the child is. If they wanted to show him as normal, they would portray him as a normal child and keep the mothers in the background. Not rub the viewer's nose in them every two seconds.

But again, I agree with Bamfer. No children's show should focus on the sexuality of two parents. Hetero or homosexual.

I think youre' kind of over reacting there dude..
Looks like a direct to dvd dealy,..Something two Mommies can pick up their ugly son so he doesnt feel like such a troglodyte...

Not really lookin like somethin thats comin to the kids WB ya know

Perhaps not explicitly. But I feel it benefits society if children are taught that gay couples are no different than heterosexual couples. Granted, I don't think five year olds can handle this subject matter. But I do feel that, around the time a child enters their later years in elementary school, children should learn that the kids who have two moms or two dads are no different than those who grew up with a mom and a dad. If a show can teach kids that this situation is okay and acceptable, then I feel it is more beneficial than it is harmful. Furthermore, it introduces the topic of homosexuality as something which doesn't ruin anyone's life. It shows that there can be an average family life in this sort of situation, which I feel is necessary in this country especially, considering all the hate-mongering which has erupted over the topic in general.

But, I also think the producers would be very smart to downplay the two mommies theme. I guess I agree more with the overall concept; I haven't seen the final product yet to really judge the content, though.

One of my friends was raised by two men , obviously she turned out fine . I think if a show is going to have a gay character they should'nt have to put a banner over them , They should just blend in as part of the nucleaus of the program . If it isnt pointed out every episode then it would seem normal and kids would not question it .

I agree. It would be a better focus for the show to be about a kid named Buddy G who happens to have two mothers...as opposed to being about two mothers raising Buddy G. Then on the other hand, this could be a show not trying to reach a broader audience, but made specifically for children being raised by couples of the same sex, by reaching the media, it's showing more acceptance which is totally good by my count.

But one thing is for sure, they should have put more money into that animation.

My problem with the trailer is that it goes from: kid in backyard, kid with best friend, kid solving mysteries, special computer friend...then the last half of the trailer just repeats the two moms part over and over and over.

It's like they dropped the typical kids stuff in front just so they could get to the two moms part, like it's the only part that really matters.

And I have no problem whatsover with a kids cartoon character having same-sex parents. Showing a kid being raised in healthy environment by good parents, gay or straight, is always a good thing. It just doesn't look like (at least from that trailer anyway) that it's treating the subject well, other than to constantly emphasize that Buddy has 2 moms.

It's ok if the two mommys are hot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"