New children's cartoon set to debut...Buddy G with Two Mommies

Wow. Talk about rubbing your nose in it. That's like having a show called "My Black Friend".

Even if there were a show that would try to present a similar type of message, there's a likely chance that it would be filled with stereotypes that might not fly so well within the homosexual community.

this is all a conspiracy to turn our moms gay. :(

but seriously, why are people injecting sexuality into this? the second someone who's against the homosexual lifestyle sees something about gays included in anything children might view they focus on the sexual aspect of the relationship. why is that? if you see couple made up of a man and a woman do you instantly bring up what they do in the bedroom? why the sick fascination with sexual intercourse between fictional characters?

See the way they oughta do it, is just have a cartoon about a bunch of kids. And every now and then, the title character goes to some kids house, and he has two moms (or two dads) and nothing is made of it at all, its just no big deal.

See the way they oughta do it, is just have a cartoon about a bunch of kids. And every now and then, the title character goes to some kids house, and he has two moms (or two dads) and nothing is made of it at all, its just no big deal.

Agreed.

1. If this is legit (which I'm not even remotely sure of), it's probably being pitched to gay networks like Logo, not mainstream networks or PBS.

2. The animation really sucks. Reminds me of those crappy Christian kids shows on TBN and such. This increases my skepticism that this is just an amateur CG clip made by some art student to create an online controversy and promote his start-up animation company.

3. The two mommies are too generic and similar looking. One of them has to be the butch - duh. :o

This show is unforgivable.

Not for the two mommies bit. If you're going to use CGI at least have the decency to use good CGI. Bad CGI just makes everything look incredibly creepy.

i have no problem with the idea of a character having same sex parents but the fact that its whole gimmick and hook of the show to get your attention shows lazy writing and the lack of creative skills

Wow. Talk about rubbing your nose in it. That's like having a show called "My Black Friend".

I think the fact that the mommies do rub each other's noses in it is exactly the reason they say this won't fly. :o :wow:

ahahahaha! next thing you know, they'll let the coloreds vote :cmad:!

:whatever:
I guess you didn't see that other post I made were I said I was kidding. really, who gives two craps? If there's a market for this cartoon, it will support it, if there's no market, then we won't see a cartoon about this anymore. Anyway, Rosie O'Donnel already had a cartoon, didn't she?

oh so what.. shows like this have been around for awhile. Remember Full House? With the three Dads? People are acting like this is a new thing :whatever:

:woot: :cwink:

i have no problem with the idea of a character having same sex parents but the fact that its whole gimmick and hook of the show to get your attention shows lazy writing and the lack of creative skills

Thank you, writers strike.

well, there was that time when that Bunny from that PBS show "Arthur" was going to visit a Family that had two moms.
it was a segment of a show, and it wasn't going to be an ongoing theme, and people, once again. got upset.

We know we are a minority and that most kids have a mom and a dad, but for little guys like our son we thought wouldn’t it be grand if there were something more available to them. Something like a cartoon, like a Caillou with two moms or dads. The more we talked about it the more important it became. It was almost like, if we didn’t do something about it after we had this fantastic idea, then we were somehow being irresponsible parents. So out of that, “Buddy G” was born. It took longer, cost more and was way harder then we thought it would be, but we couldn’t be happier or more proud of the cartoon and the potential it represents. “Buddy G” has added incredible joy to our family and we hope he adds a little happiness to yours.

:dry:

LOL, Nice :up:

"I have a friend, and he's black, and dog-gonnit, that's ok" :)

This series actually has potential if the CGI gets fixed.

In particular, the two mommies need to be redesigned. I humbly suggest the following...

Mommy #1:

flame1halflc7.jpg

Mommy #2:

beowulfangelinajoliemr5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back