Animation New Episodes of X-Men: The Animated Series

Yowza

Sidekick
Reaction score
168832.jpg

X-MEN: THE ANIMATED SERIES Creators Are Planning To Talk With Disney About Reviving The Iconic Cartoon
X-MEN: THE ANIMATED SERIES Creators Are Planning To Talk With Disney About Reviving The Iconic Cartoon
With the cast of X-Men: The Animated Seriesgathering together at L.A. Comic-Con in October, there's chatter that the creative team behind the popular '90s cartoon will approach Disney about a revival...

Is it possible that under the Disney umbrella we could see the return of the X-Men in animated form? According to a report from The Hollywood Reporter, the creative team behind the hit animated series from the '90s is planning to approach Disney about bringing back the beloved show.

"The one thing we'd like to do more than anything else is to continue where we left off," said longtime X-Men artist Larry Houston. The show, if it were to return, would likely keep the aesthetic of the original animated series.

"The one thing we'd like to do more than anything else is to continue where we left off," said longtime X-Men artist Larry Houston. The show, if it were to return, would likely keep the aesthetic of the original animated series.

X-Men: The Animated Series ran for five season (76 episodes) from 1992 to 1997. The critically and commercially successful show was one of the first major cartoons to feature mature, seralized storytelling. While many of the episodes were original stories, the series did adapt some of the iconic comic book story arcs as well, including the Dark Phoenix saga.

With the Disney+ streaming service launching later this year, it would likely serve as a perfect host for a continuation of X-Men: The Animated Series. Of course, there's always Disney XD, which is already home to several Marvel animated series, including Guardians of the Galaxy and Spider-Man.

Do you want to see the return of an X-Men animated series?

As can be seen from the article above, the creative crew behind the 90's series could attempt to re-visit the team about 23 years later if they get going on production next year. This is of course a possibility for now but a possibility that may happen if meetings go well.

Is anyone interested in this if certain production values are in place? Also, how should they approach the show as if the team is now decades older or just hit the ground running after the last episode that aired being same age as before?

Last edited:
I would love it if they did this. I doubt it'll actually happen, but I'd watch it.

I'd rather they hit the ground running where they left off and try to adapt stories they haven't yet done. Maybe stories that S&P might have had concerns with before (Inferno seems the most likely candidate). I'd love it if they could introduce the New Mutants while they were at it.

I hope they will feature Marrow, Sage, Cecilia Reyes and husk in guest appearances.

I would love to see their version of Cassandra nova. There’s so many modern stories to adapt

I wonder if they would change the costumes? or keep the 90s costumes. If I have criticisms with the cartoon is they didn't change the costumes and they have the eXact roster from start to finish. It would have been cool if Iceman, Nightcrawler, Psylocke, Bishop, Angel, Polaris, Dazzler, Colossus later joined the main roster and they were added in the intro. Some of my favorite episodes were the episodes that they've appeared in. Shadowcat should have also appeared.

This would be fun but I'm not sure it's in Marvel's best interest.

I wonder if they would change the costumes? or keep the 90s costumes. If I have criticisms with the cartoon is they didn't change the costumes and they have the eXact roster from start to finish. It would have been cool if Iceman, Nightcrawler, Psylocke, Bishop, Angel, Polaris, Dazzler, Colossus later joined the main roster and they were added in the intro. Some of my favorite episodes were the episodes that they've appeared in. Shadowcat should have also appeared.

I always loved the show's costumes probably my favorite looks for Storm, Wolverine, Rogue, Gambit and Cyclops. I agree though if they bring it back would be cool to see some newer names added to the roster.

I was wondering that too. They are iconic 90s but at the same time a bit dated. But if you change it you loose the iconic status. Honestly no idea which I would prefer

They would be better reviving X-men Evolution than the Animated Series.

I'd much rather see a revival of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Im ok with this. Xmen The animated series and Batman The animated series portrayed cartoons in a very mature manner considering the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"