New Firmware Update 1.60

The Guardian

Forever In Darkness
Reaction score
NICE!!!:D :up:

More 1.60 Update Details
Sony releases new, expanded information on the latest firmware update.
by Chris Roper

March 20, 2007 - Yesterday we brought you news from Japan of what functionality the upcoming 1.60 firmware update would add to the PlayStation 3, but today's US press release shed light on a few more details. In addition to Remote Play support for 20GB models, an on-screen QWERTY keyboard and a zoom function for the web browser, the ability to run Folding@Home and basic background downloading, there will be a handful of other features included.

A disc auto-start option will allow users to choose whether they want their PS3 to automatically play a disc when it's inserted or the machine is turned on. Support for rewriteable Blu-ray discs has been added, as well as the ability to use Bluetooth keyboards and mice.

Most of all though, the US press release shed more details on the all-important background downloading feature for the PlayStation Store. Users will be able to queue up to six downloads at one time, which coincidentally matches the Xbox 360's maximum queue. Progress of these downloads can be followed under a new Download Management section that will reside under the Cross Media Bar's Network icon. You will be able to watch video, view images, listen to music and browse the web at the same time.

UPDATE: We've received word from Sony that you will indeed be able to play games while downloading content in the background. Similar to how downloads on the Xbox 360 works, you'll be able to play games offline while downloads work in the background, and if you hop online your queue will simply pause until you disconnect.

The update is set for release on this coming Thursday, March 22nd.

Some good things in there, custom soundtracks and a better PS store hopefully will be in updates shortly

I read a source that said you'll be able to have up to 6 downloads at once, or have a queue of up to six.

where's my customizable soundtrack god damnit! :mad:

Great news.

Now I want DVD/PS2 games upscaling and what Spider-X said.

HI GUYS, IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN I THINK THE NEW UPDATE MIGHT BE AVAILABLE SOME TIME AFTER MIDNIGHT TONIGHT!!!:D :up: I READ IT SOMEWHERE, BUT I CAN'T FOR THE LIFE OF ME REMEMBER WHERE, I HAVE THE MEMORY OF A PEANUT!!!:( :oldrazz: :D :up:

OH I FORGOT, ONE MORE THING, WHERE THE HELL IS MY MEGAN FOX VIRTUAL SIMULATOR UPDATE SONY?:mad:
1285901rant[1].gif
UPDATE, SONY, UPDATE!!!:mad: :oldrazz: :D :up:

She is a fox, and that update is definitely tomorrow, as for what time I haven't heard.

HI GUYS, I JUST FINISHED INSTALING THE NEW UPDATE AND TRIED OUT SOME OF THE NEW FUNCTIONS AND THEY WORK PERFECTLY!!!:cool: :D :up:

I just fininsh installing it. Background downloading works great, you can play PS3 games offline. Playing PS2 games make the downloads pause.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"