new GEARS OF WAR screenshots

artist71

Civilian
Reaction score
Gears 01 Gears 02 Gears 03

These are some of the new screenshots of Gears of War from Epic Games. Its going to be an X-Box 360 title.
Before the debate begins let me tell you guys that these images are taken from an INGAME cinamatic. These are not prerendered.

This is the level of detail that you will be getting when playing Gears.
Enjoy:)

These aren't new at all. And they're probably touched up. In fact, I gurantee it.

I NEVER WOULD'VE QUESTIONED WHETHER IT WAS IN-GAME OR IN-ENGINE, BECAUSE WE'VE SEEN PLENTY FROM DAY ONE TO KNOW HOW AWESOME THIS GAME WILL LOOK. :up:

Rizpower said:
These aren't new at all. And they're probably touched up. In fact, I gurantee it.
When you see the high-res shots, you can see the jaggies since the AA isn't on yet. It IS in engine.

vortal_pic_152825.jpg

vortal_pic_152827.jpg

This game is going to be awesome. (those shots are in game btw, I have seen a video of a playable demo...it's truly amazing). It reminds me kinda of aliens, a team of marines going after an ugly, practically unstoppable enemy....I really can't wait. does it have a release date yet?

Us sci fi/horror fans are well catered for by the new box, thats for sure.

damn...i hope i own an xbox360 by the time this game comes out...hehe

January 16 is the release date. I have it on hold at GameStop. :cool:

HUMAN said:
It's not going to come out until AT LEAST MARCH, but PROBABLY NOT UNTIL JUNE, and POSSIBLY FALL 2006. It looks like a really really great game and I can't wait to play it. The gameplay demos look sicks as hell.

HUMAN said:

LOL.......'GAMESTOP' IS NOT RELIABLE; YOU GOT SCREWED. :D

I just got my copy of GoW today. It's a great game. Beat it in forty-five minutes.

WhatsHisFace said:
I just got my copy of GoW today. It's a great game. Beat it in forty-five minutes.

GIVE ME DETAILS! :eek: :D

As a game, it's pretty much like Resident Evil 4's gameplay, the level designs of the Half-Life games and a mix of shooting from Halo and Killswitch.

As a story, it's a mix of Pitch Black and Brothers in Arms.

The graphics are what we've seen from the latest media. Effects are pretty standard though it has the best blood splats ever.

As a game, it's pretty much like Resident Evil 4's gameplay, the level designs of the Half-Life games and a mix of shooting from Halo and Killswitch.

As a story, it's a mix of Pitch Black and Brothers in Arms.

The graphics are what we've seen from the latest media. Effects are pretty standard though it has the best blood splats ever.

GOW will be in stores in September 06. EB Games and Gamestop pull dates out of there ass. Gears was never planned on being released in March.

Yeah those are some REALLY old images.

artist71 said:
GOW will be in stores in September 06. EB Games and Gamestop pull dates out of there ass. Gears was never planned on being released in March.

Holy crap I forgot to get my drawings to you! :( :eek: :(

I'll start the process tomorrow! :up:

artist71 said:

WELL, IF YOU'RE POSTING THIS PUBLICLY, IT MUST BE OFFICIAL. I WAS REALLY HOPING WHEN YOU FIRST TOLD ME THAT, YOU WERE MISTAKEN. :down:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"