The Dark Knight New International Poster Released

Hole Shot

Better Than Smurfberries
Reaction score
In all the trailer chaos, WB slipped this in. I know there already is a teaser poster thread, but this just may deserve it's own place. Since it might go un-noticed by those coming into the other threads late. I really like this:
posterexclusivoomelete.jpg

Does anyone else think those windows look like bars on a jail cell?

Whoa!

Now that's a poster!

Totally f***ing awesome. Pwns the US Teaser. Just like the BB International pwned the US BB.

THAT'S A MOTHER ****ING POSTER!!!!

Why are all the best posters international? Never understood it.

O_O Awesome. I know we'll be getting a plethora of people who are going to b**** about it because nothing and no one can or ever will impress them. But me personally, I LOVE it.

I keep looking at the skyline hoping to find something subliminal.

It could easily be a fake though.

poster's okay. i think it would be better if batman was outside, on top of the building, then inside. He seems out of place inside a building

O_O Awesome. I know we'll be getting a plethora of people who are going to b**** about it because nothing and no one can or ever will impress them. But me personally, I LOVE it.

They've already started in other threads saying it's too "Darth Vader"

it's metaphorical . . . the city is Batman's prison . . . just look at how IMMENSE it is; so many buildings, and Batman has commited himself to protecting it . . . it's his own personal prison . . . [/artsy fartsy rant]

this pic is also very Blade Runneresque . . . conicidence? I think not . . .

Something along those lines could very well have a visual meaning. Maybe Batman feels held back in this one.

After all Gordon DID smash the Bat signal in the IMAX footage

it's metaphorical . . . the city is Batman's prison . . . just look at how IMMENSE it is; so many buildings, and Batman has commited himself to protecting it . . . it's his own personal prison . . . [/artsy fartsy rant]

That's what I was thinking as well... was wondering if anyone else caught it or if I was just overintellectualizing :p

I actually do see that now that you mention it.

I think there's a point to that and it may be the answer to the someone else's comment about how they normally picture outside on top a building as opposed to inside looking out a window.

I keep looking at the skyline hoping to find something subliminal.
Yeah, I was looking at the buildings, thinking lights would form a smile or something. As stupid as that sounds....

Or it could symbolize Batman being shut down by Gotham. Like people are losing hope in him. Like teh mayorz

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"