Iron Man 2 Iron Man 2 now on DVD!

Despite the fact that I thought this movie was mediocre, the blu-ray combo pack was on sale at Best Buy for $20, so I picked it up. That was hard to resist considering Target had it for $35. I will say that on my second viewing, I'm more forgiving of the film and enjoy it a bit more. But it's still the least of Marvel's 3 movies they have released.
I do like the fact that the Digital copy is on the DVD disc. It seems like a better use of space. Plus, now I don't have this completely useless disc after downloading the DC.

One thing is bothering me about Iron Man's history and I wonder if I'm the only one. I saw an extra feature on the disc that put Tony's age at 42. OK...So how old was his father when he had him? If Howard Stark was involved in the development of the atomic bomb during WWII, he'd have to be at least in his 20's-30's at that time right? It doesn't add up.

Does this bother anyone else? Maybe they should have made Tony's grandfather as the one that created Stark industries.

Guess it never bothered anyone else.

Guess it never bothered anyone else.

He looked to be in his early-mid 50s in the 1974 footage, so that would put him in his 20s during the Manhattan Project. It is not that uncommon for career men to have kids when they are older.

After seeing it yet again...I still believe this film was better than the first. It's nice to see a lot more of Iron Man this time...In the first film IM really didn't have nearly enough screen time. I also thought the action sequences were much better...

I can't really compare story as one is an origin story. But I did enjoy Iron Man 2's story a bit more.

The end battle with the drones before Vanko fight gotta be the best superhero movie combat ever or perhaps up there with Spider-Man 2 train fight.

I personally see it above Spider-Man 2 fight simply because it has the badass Iron Man laser / War Machine gun factor. And the end laser, who doesn't love the end laser? I could only hope that IM 3 combat sequences will be better with Mandarin chi kungfu display.

Yeah it's pretty surprising that one of the major complaints was a lack of action considering there was like ten times the amount in this one.

Finally got the BD yesterday and enjoyed the movie a bit more at home, its still got the same problems in that many areas felt a bit rushed, especially the resolution of the paladium poisoning which was piss poor IMO.

The actual fight scene's while being good while they lasted, were also WAY too short, again I re-iterate, this was a $200 million dollar movie, and the action was lacking, what the hell is up with that?

Lets hope IM3 makes some improvements to the formula and gives us a really good threequel, but overall the franchise has been good, but not great, so far.

Favreau's action scenes are technically flawless, but there is something missing. I can't put my finger on it, but it's off somehow.

Favreau's action scenes are technically flawless, but there is something missing. I can't put my finger on it, but it's off somehow.

With both the first and the second movie, the action scene's seemed to stop just when they got going, on my cinema viewing of both movies I remember thinking many times during an action scene "okay, here we go!" and then it stop and I would be going "oh, is that it" to myself, I was extremely dissapointed to see this trend continue and even at times worsen in IM2.

The end battle with the drones before Vanko fight gotta be the best superhero movie combat ever or perhaps up there with Spider-Man 2 train fight.

It ain't even close to being in the same galaxy as Spidey vs Ock.

I personally see it above Spider-Man 2 fight

Wow.

At least the Spidey fight had stakes and went on for more than a minute.

I also agree, and it all goes back to the inclusion of War Machine.

Take out War Machine/Mark II armor and add in Vanko and the fights/stakes would've been vastly increased.

It ain't even close to being in the same galaxy as Spidey vs Ock.

Wow.

At least the Spidey fight had stakes and went on for more than a minute.

In your galaxy. In my galaxy, repulsor and chain guns are more badass than webbing and fist.

I get your point with the short time. It should have been longer and the fight should carry on with Crimson Dynamo instead of Whiplash 2.

Who cares what weapons are used in the fight if the execution is off? You also forgot badass steel tentacles with webbing and fist.

And ze powa of da SUN!

Who cares what weapons are used in the fight if the execution is off? You also forgot badass steel tentacles with webbing and fist.

And ze powa of da SUN!

Agreed, dont matter whats being used in the fight if its entertaining its entertaining and Spidey 2's fight was much more so!

And ze powa of da SUN!

Enjoy more stuff from Sony then. I'd like to see more stuff from Marvel.

Enjoy more stuff from Sony then. I'd like to see more stuff from Marvel.

....w......wha? Huh?

What does Raimi having a better eye for dramatic action than Favreau have to do with the studios they worked under?

Would their talent switch if the studios switched?

Take a note on this - Favreau is still going to do IM3, Raimi is not going to any Marvel movies in any immediate future.

Talent or not, one can improve on his next Marvel movie. The other can't.

And if I recall correctly, Raimi is the same maestro who did almost universally panned Spider-Man 3. At the very least IM2 > SM3.

And it was Sony that pretty much screwed Spider-man 3, not Raimi. But this is a Iron Man thread. Let's not get into a "Raimi sucks" debate:whatever:

Take a note on this - Favreau is still going to do IM3, Raimi is not going to any Marvel movies in any immediate future.

And if I recall correctly, Raimi is the same maestro who did almost universally panned Spider-Man 3. At the very least IM2 > SM3.

OK? What do they have to do with the action scenes in Spider-man 2 and the Iron Man films?

Talent or not, one can improve on his next Marvel movie. The other can't.

How do we know Favreau is still doing Iron Man 3?

OK? What do they have to do with the action scenes in Spider-man 2 and the Iron Man films?

You brought up Raimi whereas Spider-Man 3 is still directed by him.

Actually with all said and done if you don't have anything good & related to say on IM 2 DVD, just shoo away.

The IM 2 negative train has gone past the station like 3-4 months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"