Iron Man 2 Jon Favreau not signed on for sequel?!?!

After what I have read about Marvel and Norton this does not seem to suprise me at all about Favreau (nevertheless they want Dicaprio to play Captain America:wow:)

I doubt they wouldget Leonardo Dicaprio. He is a good actor, but he is too small for the role of Captain America. Maybe he is in the film (possibly as Bucky or as a pre-super soldier Steve Rogers) but I doubt he would be the lead. Besides, I have heard equally as disappointing rumors that Matthew McConihay (or however you spell his name) is slated for the role of the Star Spangled avenger. Anyays, I think we as fans are taking too much of a concern about the business aspect. We should all relax and wait and see how things pan out, before we spend too much time worrying over who is getting paid what.

On a side not, I think that Marvel should push the Avengers' release date back a whole year. Why? Because then Favreau would have time to direct Avengers once Iron Man 2 is over with. LL did well on Hulk, but no where near as great as Favreau did on Iron Man.

If anyone should helm Avengers, it should be Jon, and Marvel should push back Avengers to make it happen. Hey, we'd still get Cap's movie in 2010. I can wait until 2011 to get a GREAT Avengers film rather than a "merely good" one in 2010.

Avengers is scheduled for 2011 along with Captain America. Thor and Iron Man 2 (without directors or screenplays yet) are the ones slated for 2010.

I agree with pushing The Avengers back to 2012 and Iron Man 2 back to 2011 if necessary. I suppose Thor and Cap. can make their deadlines, but Marvel can space it out. REmember TDK will also be out in 2011 and so might SM4. There is such a thing as oversaturation.

I'm guessing the Avengers movie would have to be atleast 2 hours and 30 minutes or a bit more. You can't cram that many superheroes into 2 hours of film time. As it was visible in Spiderman 3 with the under-developed characters.

I'm guessing the Avengers movie would have to be atleast 2 hours and 30 minutes or a bit more. You can't cram that many superheroes into 2 hours of film time. As it was visible in Spiderman 3 with the under-developed characters.

I see your point man, and in a certain way I agree with you, this movie shouldn't be under 2 hours. But using your comparision, who did suffer from the worst character development in Spiderman 3 ? Eddie Brock, Sandman, Gwen Stacy, basically the new characters. But it seems that with the Avengers, the lead characters would all already introduced, so I don't think they would have to spend a lot of time reintroducing these characters.

But hey it's just an opinion :)

I'd go for a 3-hour Avengers movie. Take that, Peter Jackson!

I see your point man, and in a certain way I agree with you, this movie shouldn't be under 2 hours. But using your comparision, who did suffer from the worst character development in Spiderman 3 ? Eddie Brock, Sandman, Gwen Stacy, basically the new characters. But it seems that with the Avengers, the lead characters would all already introduced, so I don't think they would have to spend a lot of time reintroducing these characters.

But hey it's just an opinion :)

I actually missed that. My bad for that error. You are totally right. The point of Hulk/Ironman/Thor and etc is to introduce the characters first then make the avengers movie. I didn't realize that. And yeah basically all the new characters of the spider-man 3 movie were under-developed. But to introduce them fully you would need about 20-30 minutes the most for each one which would make the movie over 3 hours a little bit.

EDIT: I forgot where but I read that when the avengers movie is made. People who are not fans of marvel or fans of hero movies at all could watch the avengers without knowing any background information on any of the characters. That says something....

Well thats good news, coz he messed up IRON MAN 2 royally! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"