Iron Man 2 Iron Man 2 now on DVD!

You brought up Raimi whereas Spider-Man 3 is still directed by him.

Actually with all said and done if you don't have anything good & related to say on IM 2 DVD, just shoo away.

The IM 2 negative train has gone past the station like 3-4 months ago.

What does Raimi have to do with Iron Man? Seriously? Also, if we want to go down this train of Favs vs Raimi, let's not forget, Raimi did 3 SM films...Favs has only done 2 IM films. There is no guarantee he does IM3 yet. So, let's look at their 1st 2 efforts on RT (since people throw that crap out there all the time). Here are the RT scores of SM1 and SM2 vs IM1 and IM2:

Spider-Man: 89%
Spider-Man 2: 93%

Iron Man: 94%
Iron Man 2: 78%

Guess what, Raimi on average wins this battle! Because both of his first two efforts are around 90%. Favs only got around 90% 1 time in his 2 tries. Plus, IM2 suffered much more negative feedback than Raimi was getting when SM2 was out.

Now, SM3 does have a 63% score. It is lower than IM2's, but...that was his 3RD effort...not 2nd. Let's have this trilogy conversation when Favs gets to IM3. Or if. Unlike Favs, Raimi upped the anti with his sequel. Not to mention, the action in SM2 is great (so much better than ANYTHING Favs has done). Heck, for all its flaws, SM3 had some very good action sequences in the 2 Spider-Man vs Harry fights. Again, better than anything in IM2 (though overall, IM2 is prob a better movie).

Now, get off the Raimi bashing. It has really gotten old on this site :whatever:

Take a note on this - Favreau is still going to do IM3, Raimi is not going to any Marvel movies in any immediate future.

Talent or not, one can improve on his next Marvel movie. The other can't.

And if I recall correctly, Raimi is the same maestro who did almost universally panned Spider-Man 3. At the very least IM2 > SM3.

First off, Iron Man 2 was a step down from Iron Man 1, a big step down. It got a 74% on RT. While SM3 was a let down also, it got a 63%. That is not a huge difference. Sam Raimi made SM1 and SM2. SM2 to this day is one of the greatest superhero movies ever. It is in the same league as Iron Man and TDK. Secondly, the action in SM2 was top notch. Iron Man 2's action while okay, was nothing compared to SM2. Whiplash was defeated in 15 seconds and he sat there and watched War Machine and Iron Man air high five each other for 10 seconds. He arrives, he dies.

Sam Raimi is 2:3 and Favreu is 1:2. I hope Iron Man 3 is better than Iron Man 2.

What does Raimi have to do with Iron Man? Seriously? Also, if we want to go down this train of Favs vs Raimi, let's not forget, Raimi did 3 SM films...Favs has only done 2 IM films. There is no guarantee he does IM3 yet. So, let's look at their 1st 2 efforts on RT (since people throw that crap out there all the time). Here are the RT scores of SM1 and SM2 vs IM1 and IM2:

Spider-Man: 89%
Spider-Man 2: 93%

Iron Man: 94%
Iron Man 2: 78%

Guess what, Raimi on average wins this battle! Because both of his first two efforts are around 90%. Favs only got around 90% 1 time in his 2 tries. Plus, IM2 suffered much more negative feedback than Raimi was getting when SM2 was out.

Now, SM3 does have a 63% score. It is lower than IM2's, but...that was his 3RD effort...not 2nd. Let's have this trilogy conversation when Favs gets to IM3. Or if. Unlike Favs, Raimi upped the anti with his sequel. Not to mention, the action in SM2 is great (so much better than ANYTHING Favs has done). Heck, for all its flaws, SM3 had some very good action sequences in the 2 Spider-Man vs Harry fights. Again, better than anything in IM2 (though overall, IM2 is prob a better movie).

Now, get off the Raimi bashing. It has really gotten old on this site :whatever:

It started with the IM2 bashing.

Now if you don't have anything positive to say about IM2, move away and mind the place. This is not a SM thread.

First off, Iron Man 2 was a step down from Iron Man 1, a big step down. It got a 74% on RT. While SM3 was a let down also, it got a 63%. That is not a huge difference. Sam Raimi made SM1 and SM2. SM2 to this day is one of the greatest superhero movies ever. It is in the same league as Iron Man and TDK. Secondly, the action in SM2 was top notch. Iron Man 2's action while okay, was nothing compared to SM2. Whiplash was defeated in 15 seconds and he sat there and watched War Machine and Iron Man air high five each other for 10 seconds. He arrives, he dies.

Sam Raimi is 2:3 and Favreu is 1:2. I hope Iron Man 3 is better than Iron Man 2.

IM just set the bar high, but that doesn't take away the fact that SM3 (which Sam Raimi also made) is more crap than IM2.

I like SM2. It's much better than IM2. It's just the WM&IM vs drones on the grassy hill scene looks cooler to me (that's an opinion, BTW) than the train fight in SM2. The Whiplash 2 arrival is crap though.

It started with the IM2 bashing.

Now if you don't have anything positive to say about IM2, move away and mind the place. This is not a SM thread.

Wait, so it is okay for you to bash SM3 in the IM forum, which SM3 has nothing to do with IM. But, it is not cool for me to critique IM2 or defend my franchise when you off-topically bash it? Yeah :dry:

I don't hate IM2. I just thought it was flawed. Action is an area it was flawed I have every right to voice my opinion. Especially since it is a forum FOR this particular film. But, you're right. It isn't the Spidey forum. Stop bashing Raimi. If you do, I'll keep defending him. While you're on the topic, that is.

IM just set the bar high, but that doesn't take away the fact that SM3 (which Sam Raimi also made) is more crap than IM2.

I like SM2. It's much better than IM2. It's just the WM&IM vs drones on the grassy hill scene looks cooler to me (that's an opinion, BTW) than the train fight in SM2. The Whiplash 2 arrival is crap though.

See I could be childish and blame Iron Man 2's decline in quality on Favreu or I can see that he didn't write the script and he just directed it. I think you need to do the same thing with Sam Raimi, who didn't write the script for SM3.

Wait, so it is okay for you to bash SM3 in the IM forum, which SM3 has nothing to do with IM. But, it is not cool for me to critique IM2 or defend my franchise when you off-topically bash it? Yeah :dry:

I don't hate IM2. I just thought it was flawed. Action is an area it was flawed I have every right to voice my opinion. Especially since it is a forum FOR this particular film. But, you're right. It isn't the Spidey forum. Stop bashing Raimi. If you do, I'll keep defending him. While you're on the topic, that is.

We got it you don't like IM2. Blah, blah, blah. I don't bash Raimi (he's a fine director) but you keep going here saying you don't like IM2. Like we don't know that already.

Enough, shoo away if you don't have any positive post about IM2.

See I could be childish and blame Iron Man 2's decline in quality on Favreu or I can see that he didn't write the script and he just directed it. I think you need to do the same thing with Sam Raimi, who didn't write the script for SM3.

I did. Raimi is a good director.

So can you talk about IM2 or you're here just to be reactionary?

Again, I DIDN'T HATE IM2!!! Can you read? However, the notion you can only post positive things on a message board is crazy. This is a place for opinions, both positive and negative. Stop trying to prevent freedom of speech. I have equal right to complain as you do to gush.

Why don't YOU shoo away :whatever:

Again, I DIDN'T HATE IM2!!! Can you read? However, the notion you can only post positive things on a message board is crazy. This is a place for opinions, both positive and negative. Stop trying to prevent freedom of speech. I have equal right to complain as you do to gush.

Why don't YOU shoo away :whatever:

Well that means you don't have positive things to say. As I said before, the negative train has gone from the station months ago. Freedom of speech can be used properly you know.

If you don't have any positive things to say, move away. Repeat that many times.

You are the one that brought up Spider-Man and Sam Raimi.

I brought up SM as a respect to film that has good action scenes. Raimi because someone thinks Favreau screwed up big time with IM2.

Anyhow what you're replying again & again has nothing to do with IM2, don't you think?

Well that means you don't have positive things to say. As I said before, the negative train has gone from the station months ago. Freedom of speech can be used properly you know.

If you don't have any positive things to say, move away. Repeat that many times.

Umm...I'm going to have to say no. Sorry if my criticisms with the film bother you this much :whatever:

If it wasn't for the critical people, we'd be given nothing but crap from filmmakers. Being an everything is alright yes man does not make you a better fan than a critical one.

Umm...I'm going to have to say no. Sorry if my criticisms with the film bother you this much :whatever:

If it wasn't for the critical people, we'd be given nothing but crap from filmmakers. Being an everything is alright yes man does not make you a better fan than a critical one.

You're not getting the attention you deserve here. Because as I said before, criticism phase has long past. In other words, your criticism will go no where (wait, has it gone anywhere seeing you're just a poster in an internet forum?). You can be productively channel your energy & spend time to some other forums.

You're not getting the attention you deserve here. Because as I said before, criticism phase has long past. In other words, your criticism will go no where (wait, has it gone anywhere seeing you're just a poster in an internet forum?). You can be productively channel your energy & spend time to some other forums.
That is terribly, terribly, terribly untrue.

:whatever:

I don't know who died and made you king, but you don't dictate my posting habits now nor ever. You don't like what I have to say, put me on ignore. Because I rather don't care if my opinion offends you or not.

:whatever:

I don't know who died and made you king, but you don't dictate my posting habits now nor ever. You don't like what I have to say, put me on ignore. Because I rather don't care if my opinion offends you or not.

Both of you need to chill out. Quit the bickering.

I recently watched the blu-ray of Iron Man II and I loved the S.H.I.E.L.D. Data Vault so many easter eggs it was a real treat, I hope they keep this feature for Thor, Captain America , The Avengers etc....

So has anything been unlocked in the shield database in the Iron Man 2 Blu-Ray? I've seen a few when it first came out. Just wanted to see if anything else was unlocked.

I have a question. Is there a "making of" featurette on the 2-disc regular dvd like the first film's dvd or is that only on Blu-ray?

There is...but not as in depth, I think.

Least we got a featurette on the score this time...

Is the Shield vault ever going to update on BD-Live? Thor's out now, it should be added.

Is the Shield vault ever going to update on BD-Live? Thor's out now, it should be added.
I thought the same thing the week after Thor came out and just assumed it would be a little longer, I was hoping something for Cap would be up by now as well but I guess not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"