Superman Returns New Lex Article at IGN.com

I think the problem with Batman Begins is that their makers tried to make everything real that they forgot to have fun with the character. Gotham to my mind isnt supposed to be like a normal city. Where are the gargoyles, the great statues? Really...seing Batman in a normal city was just a meh after seeing the great architechture from the Tim Burton movies. They exagerated on the real aspect, in my opinion. I think that if they had the same aspect of the Burton movies, the art department, costumes(not as stiff), i think it would be a better movie. Just wait and watch Superman Returns. Thank god its not based on reality, where Metropolis look like New york. Metropolis will have those amazing art deco buildings of the fleischer cartoons. That will be nice to see.

SpiderDaniel said:
I think the problem with Batman Begins is that their makers tried to make everything real that they forgot to have fun with the character. Gotham to my mind isnt supposed to be like a normal city. Where are the gargoyles, the great statues? Really...seing Batman in a normal city was just a meh after seeing the great architechture from the Tim Burton movies. They exagerated on the real aspect, in my opinion. I think that if they had the same aspect of the Burton movies, the art department, costumes(not as stiff), i think it would be a better movie. Just wait and watch Superman Returns. Thank god its not based on reality, where Metropolis look like New york. Metropolis will have those amazing art deco buildings of the fleischer cartoons. That will be nice to see.

I respectfully disagree that Begins wasn't fun, there is a lot more to a movie then architecture and a few gargoyles. While Burtons movies were great they can't even compare. Yes, Burton had a great fantasy version of Gotham, but it wasn't a timeless feel, and in fact I think it was too exaggerated.

SpiderDaniel said:

I've never meant anyone in real life who thinks about the 'realism' of Batman Begins. I really think that some people overexegerate the 'realism' aspect quite a bit.

Sure it's their opinion, but this 'realism' didn't ruin the movie for me.
How realistic was a man spraying fear gas or a ninja cult trying to destroy a city? A man in a batsuit jumping off rooftops?

Batman Begins is a more believeable movie than Burton's take, but it still has a fantasy touch. A touch that some people tend to neglect.

SpiderDaniel said:
you know what? :)

first they made the character to funnier. and it was bad. now they didnt have any other chance but to make him dead serious. and it worked. people now have again faith.

Batman Begins, to me at least, was a great middleground for the character. I don't know, I thought it was a fun movie. It never had a dull moment. I mean, there were parts of Spider-Man 2 when it lagged, but not with "Begins".

I think people get defensive with "Begins" because it was the ultimate underdog. It had a lot to prove. And it won a lot of people over. And it's rare to see a number of people supporting a movie like this. That's probably why "Begins" was such an important movie to most.

And Superman follows suit.

I just don`t like the fact that Gotham looks a normal city in Batman Begins. I really missed the atmosphere of the Tim Burton movies. I think even the costume would`ve worked a lot better in that kind of atmosphere.

I love Burton's films, but that was Burton's.

And I also love Nolan's BB, but that was Nolan.

There is difference.

P.S. PEOPLE, WILL NOLAN MAKE BB SEQUEL?

Cinemaman said:
I love Burton's films, but that was Burton's.

And I also love Nolan's BB, but that was Nolan.

There is difference.

P.S. PEOPLE, WILL NOLAN MAKE BB SEQUEL?
summer 2008 :up::)

Previous Batman movies had retro-modern style of buildings and city from 40s-50s.
But now BB have a real city with dirty streets and usual buildings.

Donner's Superman films had Metropolis as NY with usual streets and buildings.
Now SR have great buildings with 30s-40s style and retro-modern style.

Thats funny!

Cinemaman said:
Previous Batman movies had retro-modern style of buildings and city from 40s-50s.
But now BB have a real city with dirty streets and usual buildings.

Donner's Superman films had Metropolis as NY with usual streets and buildings.
Now SR have great buildings with 30s-40s style and retro-modern style.

Thats funny!
i thoguth about this the yesterday :)

I will always have a special place in my heart for S:TM,just as I'm sure I will for SR.I wont compare them,at least I will try not to.Its a different movie,different time.If it can make my heart pound,and beleive a man CAN fly,I'll be satisfied.
CConn said:
SR may be greater than all of the previous films simply because of how dated they've become. As this (very good) article itself mentioned, the old movies' Luthor was comedic and silly, and most of the characters in those films were the same way. So if SR presents everyone in a more serious, updated tone, it will be inherently better, I think.

With that said, if STM was made today (or 3 years ago since SR would be its sequel:o), it would probably be the better movie.

when i re-watched Supes the Movie.....Hackman makes me always LMAO....especially when he gets pissed off at Otis.

The scene in the ambulance after Otis bungles his mission on the rockets is hilarious. Hackman was definitely more camp and it was a good performance by him nontheless....Hackman is awesome. However, Spacey will be giving us the more definitive portrayel of Lex Luthor. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"