Superman Returns New Lex Article at IGN.com

Whack Arnolds said:
Yeah, his running motion makes me want to laugh. The original movies in general make me laugh. Not much to take seriously...apart from the most amazing theme song this side of Star Wars...

I'm sorry that STM is a movie where they realize that its main character is a superhero, whereas the incredibly overrated Batman Begins is ashamed of that fact.

^^^ Holy Tangents Batman, and I thought I was bad.

The Batman said:
I'm sorry that STM is a movie where they realize that its main character is a superhero, whereas the incredibly overrated Batman Begins is ashamed of that fact.
Ashamed of it? Hardly. It just places the character in a more believable universe.

skruloos said:
Ashamed of it? Hardly. It just places the character in a more believable universe.

Flawless victory....

FINISH HIM!

Actually, it works perfectly because BATMAN IS NOT A SUPERHERO. He is a human being with no powers. Just a regular hero.

actually, Batman is a superhero, and has long been considered one.

MatchesMalone said:
Actually, it works perfectly because BATMAN IS NOT A SUPERHERO. He is a human being with no powers. Just a regular hero.

From wikipedia:

A superhero is a fictional character who is noted for feats of courage and nobility, who usually has a colorful name and costume and abilities beyond those of normal human beings. A female superhero is often called a superheroine.

The picture it shows is of Superman and Batman.

Yup. Batman has abilities beyond those of normal people.

The Batman said:

So by that rationale, Donald Trump is a super-hero because the only ability Batman has that's beyond normal people is his fabulous bank account.;)

The Batman said:
Uhh ok. It's still incredibly cheesy and sloppy, as is all the original Superman movies. When and where did Batman Begins come into the conversation? It has nothing to do with this discussion. Did you think by saying that, you were like offending me or something? hehe. But if you really want to get down to it:

Batman Begins is a movie that realizes its movie is centered around a driven vigilante hero, so of course it is going to be more sober in tone. Because he isn't a bright superhero. How was anyone making the film ashamed of anything? I see Batman gliding on a cape, driving a batmobile, interrogating people etc. All elements from the source material. It's not going to be flayboyantly cheesy and over-the top, but it also actually takes the character and mythos seriously, unlike the "tongue in cheek" movies like STM, SMII, etc.

The Batman said:
Yeah, because he worked at them. That's one of the points of Batman. ANY human with enough drive and work ethic could transform themselves into a similar greatness. For someone named "The Batman", and for someone who probably reads the comics religously... you certainly don't have a great understanding of the character. :up: :)

Vile said:
Oh come ON, Returns is going to blow both those films out of the water - Going back to the article, it seems we're getting a Lex that is actually...threatening!

Superman 1 was about 2 steps from being a fullblown comedy. Superman II was great super hero vs Super Villains fight scenes...but lets face it, folks - the villains were dressed like 13 year old ice skaters here.

Returns will be the Supes movie we've all wanted. Singer will make us proud.

Great Post.

But these people won't get it. They won't let ANYTHING be better than STM in their minds, because they have built it up so much and have such an attatchment to it. Like people here already saying it can't be as good, proves that they aren't even giving it the opportunity to be better.

Cconn's brillaint post explains why Returns will most likely be better. And yes, STM was a few steps away from just being a pure comedy. bad place, it already is for me. It's just so ridiculously corny.

Oldguy said:
So by that rationale, Donald Trump is a super-hero because the only ability Batman has that's beyond normal people is his fabulous bank account.;)

Well he does wear bright pink ties, so I guess he's "colorful".

I'm in agreeance (my unword of the day!) with the Batman is not a superhero...he's a hero with extraordinary drive, courage and dedication. But his physical abilities are not overly exaggerated above normal human ability. He is a superb athlete and can accomplish feats most of us cannot, but given the right training and dedication most humans could. Mentally, he's a genius...so in that aspect he is different.

Dark Knight said:
Nice. Spacey will rule as Lex! :up:

Creepy, evil, and sadistic with a hint of dry humor...Spacey IS Lex, how he should have been and always should be. I'm thinking Usual suspects + LA Confidential+Se7en= LEX LUTHOR

"What's in the box Kal?!?! C'Mon what's in the BOX!?!?!"

The best thing is that Spacey have big interest about his character and trying to make him real and serious enemy for Superman.

Spacey as Luthor looks to be one of the best casting decisions of recent. When I heard the news of it, I was very very pleased. I'm a huge Hackman fan, but his Luthor was a little...off. I still enjoyed his performance, but I think Spacey can trump it.

Spacey's a two-time Oscar winning actor, a talented stage performer, a great comedic actor, has villain experience, and has worked with Singer before. It's a good sign.

Superman4ever said:
I'm in agreeance (my unword of the day!) with the Batman is not a superhero...he's a hero with extraordinary drive, courage and dedication. But his physical abilities are not overly exaggerated above normal human ability. He is a superb athlete and can accomplish feats most of us cannot, but given the right training and dedication most humans could. Mentally, he's a genius...so in that aspect he is different.

You're right. At the sametime, I don't mind when people refer Batman as a superhero becuase it doesn't hurt his image either.. It doesn't taint him. It makes him look good because you got a human guy competiting in the likes of Superman or whomever. And most people don't question it. You gotta give props to Bats on that one....

The Batman said:

What's overrated anymore?

You know what...how often do you see people online (the biggest critics out there) in agreement that they like a movie? If they like a movie in huge numbers, then maybe it broke new ground for once.

When Spider-Man got release they was a backlash (internet of course). Samething with the X-Men, and bad place Lord of the RIngs.

I'm proud to love Batman Begins. I respect you take but I hope that I'm making sense.

Batman has incredible strength, speed and agility, is rich, has detective skills on par with just about any trained official out there, and is just plain intelligent. That's not to mention his bravery and nobility. All of those COMBINED are definitely beyond normal human abilities.

Donald Trump?? LOL, cut down on those cheap pills, bud! I don't think a bad haircut counts as a costume.

Octoberist said:
You're right. At the sametime, I don't mind when people refer Batman as a superhero becuase it doesn't hurt his image either.. It doesn't taint him. It makes him look good because you got a human guy competiting in the likes of Superman or whomever. And most people don't question it. You gotta give props to Bats on that one....

Actually that's a great point. I don't mind the fact that people call him a superhero, that's fine, but to me he doesn't have enhanced powers or abilities. That's what I was talking about...

Octoberist said:
What's overrated anymore?

You know what...how often do you see people online (the biggest critics out there) in agreement that they like a movie? If they like a movie in huge numbers, then maybe it broke new ground for once.

When Spider-Man got release they was a backlash (internet of course). Samething with the X-Men, and bad place Lord of the RIngs.

I'm proud to love Batman Begins. I respect you take but I hope that I'm making sense.

:up: :up:

Superman79 said:
Creepy, evil, and sadistic with a hint of dry humor...Spacey IS Lex, how he should have been and always should be. I'm thinking Usual suspects + LA Confidential+Se7en= LEX LUTHOR

"What's in the box Kal?!?! C'Mon what's in the BOX!?!?!"

dumbdumber_02.jpg

LMAO...bad place yeah! :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"