Switch New No More Heroes? Switch, PS4, PC. No More Heroes III is coming to Nintendo Switch June 11, 2019

Switch
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes screenshots and character artwork, fact sheet [Update]
Published 2 days ago. 11 comments.
Due out for Switch in 2018.

Travis-Strikes-Again_03-20-18.jpg
Grasshopper Manufacture has released a new set of Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes screenshots and character artwork, as well as an official fact sheet.
Get the fact sheet below.
Specs

• Publisher Name: Grasshopper Manufacture Inc.
    • Developer Name: Grasshopper Manufacture Inc.
    • Genre: Action
    • Platform: Nintendo Switch
    • ESRB with descriptors: RP – Violent References, Violence, Fantasy Violence, Animated Blood, Language, Strong Language, Comic Mischief, Use of Tobacco, Use of Alcohol
    • Number of Players: 1-2 Players
    • Release Window: 2018
About
“Otaku Assassin Enters the Game World.”
The legendary gaming console—the Death Drive Mark 2… Travis Touchdown wanders into the game world and embarks on a rampage of epic proportions. Inside, there’s an action game, racing, puzzles… A total of seven different game titles!
Key Features

• With Beam Katana in hand, Travis vows to exterminate every last bug he finds. Chain his simple yet exhilarating basic attacks and his arsenal of skill attacks to cut them down to size.
    • A brutal boss lurks at the end of each game. Creatively combine your moves to crush them!
    • Collecting all seven Death Balls will allow you to make one wish. Anything you desire can be granted, so make sure to collect them all!
    • Pass a Joy-Con controller to a friend for co-op multiplayer—and partner up with the one and only Badman!
    • Also, there is the adventure mode, which tells an all-new story!!
    • Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes launches exclusively on Nintendo Switch.

Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes is due out for Switch in 2018.
View the images at the gallery.

Added a screenshot of Travis Touchdown wearing a Hyper Light Drifter shirt, via @NintendoAmerica.

visit gallery »

Also with below

Switch
Nine minutes of Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes GDC 2018 gameplay
Published 19 hours ago. 26 comments.

source: Gematsu

Last edited:

Switch
Interview: Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes’ Suda 51 at PAX East 2018
Published 3 hours ago. 16 comments.

Suda 51 on voice acting, physical release, and more.

Travis-Strikes-Again-Interview_04-09-18_001.jpg

At PAX East 2018 in Boston this past weekend, we sat down with Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes director Goichi “Suda 51” Suda to talk more about the upcoming Switch game. Most of our questions come from Twitter users.

Get the full interview below.

Thanks for sitting down with us, Suda-san. To start us off, why did you decide to make Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes rather than a traditional No More Heroes 3?
Goichi Suda: “There are several reasons. The first is that this is a brand new adventure for Travis. He is no longer an assassin going out to kill other assassins. He is going into video games, fighting in games within the game, so it’s a completely new concept. No More Heroes 1 and 2 kind of set the formula for the series, and with this one I wanted to take it out of the numbered installments and do something completely different.”
Can you talk more about what role indie games and studios will have in Travis Strikes Again?
Suda: “Basically, the t-shirts that Travis wears in the game are going to come from a different indie game from a different company. I’m trying to do collaborations with either 51 or 64 different indie studios.”
OK, so 51 studios for Suda 51. What’s the significance of 64?
Suda: “Nintendo 64.”
Ah, OK. I was under the impression that the different game worlds Travis goes into are inspired by indie games.
Suda: “He will be going into the worlds of different games in the game’s universe. The first one he’ll be going into, which is what has been unveiled in the demo, is ‘Electronic Thunder Tiger II,’ which is a sequel to an arcade game in that universe. The second game ‘Killer Marathon,’ which is a pinball game. The third game is ‘Life is Destroyed,’ which is a simulation puzzle game. The fourth game is ‘Coffee and Donuts,’ which is an action adventure game. The fifth game is ‘Golden Dragon GP,’ which is a racing game. The sixth game is ‘Serious Moonlight,’ which is a huge, triple-A RPG. And the last one is a secret.”
Is the desert stage inspired by Hokuto no Ken?
Suda: “Ah, no. (Laughs.) I get it, Hokuto no Ken is all desert, so the assumption makes sense. The ‘Coffee and Donuts’ world is the desert stage.”
I guess every desert game can’t be inspired by Hokuto no Ken or Mad Max, etc.
Suda: “All of the desert-setting titles are actually inspired by Violence Jack. That came way before Hokuto no Ken, so that’s the real origin of everything. It’s a great Japanese comic.”
I’ll check it out.
Suda: “Violllence Jackkkk

Travis-Strikes-Again-Interview_04-09-18_002.jpg

(Laughs.) So obviously there’s all of this ‘in-game’ game stuff. Will there be anything outside of the game worlds for players to do?
Suda: “There’s the Adventure Mode. It’s like an old-school PC adventure game.”
No running around Travis’ world?
Suda: “You can only run around the trailer.”
Can you sit on the toilet?
Suda: “Of course.”
Do you see Travis as a flexible character that can adapt to any new setting?
Suda: “Yeah, I see him like that. He can even survive in the world of Star Wars
Will Robin Atkin Downes return to voice Travis in the English version?
Suda: “There won’t be any voice acting in Travis Strikes Again
How long is Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes compared to No More Heroes 1 and 2?
Suda: “It’s probably the same amount.”
Is this going to be a physical release?
Suda: “Maybe.”
Can you get more into the specifics of that? Are you working to find a publisher?
Suda: “Ah, no no no. Grasshopper Manufacture is the publisher.”
I meant more of a physical distributor.
Suda: “We’re still trying to figure out if we can do that ourselves.”
Kamui from The Silver Case appeared in the most recent Travis Strikes Again trailer. Will this game tie into The Silver Case?
Suda: “Yes, they are connected. If you play The 25th Ward, you’ll understand the connection.”

Travis-Strikes-Again-Interview_04-09-18_003.jpg

Are there any plans to port No More Heroes 1 and 2 to Switch? Or is it something you at least want to do?
Suda: “Oh, 1-2-Switch. No More Heroes 1-2-Switch, yeah… It would be awesome if we could do it, but I still have to figure it out. Marvelous and Grasshopper Manufacture share the IP, so I would have to get their permission.”
They seem pretty chill, I think they’ll do it.
Suda: “Yeah, maybe.”
Are you planning anything for the future of the Kill The Past series?
Suda: “Not immediately, but I really want to treasure the IP and do something more with it in the future, probably when no one expects it.”
You recently mentioned that you’re doing a Killer7 remaster. Can you speak more about when we can expect to see that?
Suda: “I promised the fans that in the next 20 years I will figure out a way to remaster Killer7. So now that I’ve promised the fans that, I will am definitely going to do it.”
Can you give us a more specific time frame?
Suda: “I have no idea.”
OK, so what announced games are you working on?
Suda: “Right now I’m totally focused on Travis Strikes Again
Do you still think Wario64 is a bot?
Suda: “Is it you!? I didn’t think it was a bot.”
I’m pretty sure there’s a video of you where you say you think he’s a bot.
Suda: “Really!?”
Yeah, I’ll find it and send it to you… Anyway, what are your thoughts on Travis Touchdown appearing in Super Smash Bros.?
Suda: “I can’t do anything about it on my end, but I really want everyone to push Nintendo to get it going. That’s the only way to do it.”
What are your thoughts on virtual reality? Is that something you’d want to develop for?
Suda: “I wanted to at one point, but lately I’ve sort of lost interest in that.”
Why’s that?
Suda: “Uhhhhh, that’s hard to say, but I think that maybe it’s something people should wait a bit longer before they start developing stuff for. There are so many possibilities that it’s probably better to wait and see what sort of new form virtual reality takes on in the future.”
Alright, getting into some more personal kind of stuff, what’s your favorite book?
Suda: “Book? The Castle by [Franz] Kafka.”
What kind of music are you listening to right now?
Suda: “Only Sakanaction. They’re a famous Japanese band—the number-one Japanese band!”
What games have you been playing recently that you enjoy?
Suda: “Hmm… (Suda looks through his phone for a while.) I’m trying to find it, but I can’t remember the name.”
It’s a smartphone game?
Suda: “There’s a Steam version too. It’s a game where you create highways… (Suda looks through his phone some more.) It was ‘something-way.'”
(I take out my phone and help the search, eventually finding it.) Is it Freeways?
Suda: “Yeah, that’s it! It’s really fun.”

Travis-Strikes-Again-Interview_04-09-18_Freeways.jpg

Nice. Is there a game that most people consider bad that you enjoy despite the universal perception?
Suda: “That’s hard to say because I’m not really sure what games are considered universally bad. I have a friend though that only plays the worst games, so I’ll ask him. He knows a lot.”
Will we ever see Juliet Starling again?
Suda: “That’s hard—we don’t own the IP. Warner Bros. does.”
Would you ever make a normal game?
Suda: “Of course. I make normal games every time.”
OK, we’re just about done. Can you tell us something you haven’t told anyone else?
Suda: “Something I haven’t said anywhere else… that’s difficult… I may be going to EGX Rezzed in London next week (Edior’s Note: April 13 to 15). So everyone in London, please come see me at the event.”
So you’re definitely going then?
Suda: “Maybe. I’m trying to figure out a way to go.”
Well alright, Suda-san. Thanks for talking with us! Enjoy the rest of PAX East!

Last edited:

Switch
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes launches January 18, 2019
Published 21 hours ago. 33 comments.
New gameplay footage from PAX West 2018.

TSA-No-More-Heroes_08-31-18.jpg

Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes will launch for Switch on January 18, 2019 in North America and Europe, developer Grasshopper Manufacture announced.

Here is an overview of the game, via Grasshopper Manufacture:

Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes is a raucous 3D action title, where Travis touchdown wields the Beam Katana to massacre his way through countless enemies, taking on ferocious bosses in an epic battle with Badman.

Set in the remote countryside of the southern US, seven years has passed since the events of No More Heroes. Badman has come to exact his revenge on Travis for the murder of his daughter, Badgirl. As the two foes are battling it out, they’re sucked inside the phantom game console ‘Death Drive MK-II’, a machine developed by Doctor Juvenile. It is said that whomever collects and beats all six of its games will have their wishes granted.

Grasshopper Manufacture also shared new information on its collaboration with publisher Devolver Digital to feature in-game t-shirts based on their catalog of indie games. Here is the complete list of Devolver Digital titles-themed shirts in the game:

• Absolver
  • Ape Out
  • Crossing Souls
  • Downwell
  • Enter the Gungeon
  • Gods Will Be Watching
  • Hatoful Boyfriend
  • High Hell
  • Hotline Miami
  • Luftrausers
  • Minit
  • Mother Russia Bleeds
  • Pikuniku
  • Reigns
  • Ruiner
  • The Messenger
  • The Red Strings Club
  • The Swords of Ditto
Watch a new gameplay video below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.

GameSpot

GameXplain

IGN

visit gallery »

Switch
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes physical edition to be released in North America and Europe, includes Season Pass
Published 13 hours ago. 72 comments.
Content includes additional character, adventure scenario, and stage.

TSA-Physical_11-14-18.jpg

A physical edition of Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes will be released in North America and Europe, developer Grasshopper Manufacture confirmed to Gematsu.

While Grasshopper Manufacture will self-publish Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes, Nintendo will distribute the physical edition.

The physical edition will include the Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes Season Pass. While Grasshopper Manufacture could not speak to the specific contents of the Season Pass at this time, it did confirm to Gematsu that it will include an content such as an additional character, adventure scenario, and stage. More information will be announced at a later date.

Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes is due out for Switch worldwide on January 18, 2019.

Switch
Suda 51 working on outline for No More Heroes 3, development depends on success of Travis Strikes Again
Published 1 day ago. 91 comments.
Suda wants Travis Strikes Again to lead into a third numbered installment.

NMH3_12-14-18.jpg

Grasshopper Studio head and Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes director Goichi “Suda 51” Suda discussed the possibility of a No More Heroes 3 duing a recent interview with Fandom.

“Nothing is set in stone yet, and of course it’ll depend on the success of Travis Strikes Again, but I am working on an outline for No More Heroes 3 – a proper direct sequel for the series – and it’s going to be connected to Travis Strikes Again in a big way,” Suda said. “Because, in No More Heroes 3, Travis is going to go up against crazier adversaries than he ever has before it’s going to be bloodier, more intense battles between assassins it’s going to be kind of like The Avengers – Thanos levels of crazy villains.”

Suda continued, “In order for Travis to stand a chance [against these powerful new foes] I wanted to give Travis the chance to enter these different game worlds [in Travis Strikes Again] and power up to learn some new skills and gain some more strength so that ultimately I can work to make Travis a more prominent character in video game history overall. The skill chips that you saw Travis collecting in Travis Strikes Again’s game world, I want Travis to take those with him to the next game, the next numbered installment.”

Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes is due out for Switch on January 18, 2019.

previously before that

Switch
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes ‘Electric Thunder Tiger II’ trailer
Published 2 days ago. 4 comments.
The first game Travis Touchdown will tackle.

Thunder-Tiger-II-TSA_12-13-18.jpg

Grasshopper Manufacture has released a new trailer for Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes introducing “Electric Thunder Tiger II,” the first of several “video games” protagonist Travis Touchdown will fight through during the course of the game.

Watch the trailer below.

source: Gematsu - Japanese Video Game News

Switch
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes Season Pass content and voice cast announced
Published 24 hours ago. 32 comments.
Robin Atkin Downes and more return.

Grasshopper Manufacture has announce the Season Pass content and voice cast for Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes.

Get the details below.

■ Season Pass

Additional Content Vol. 1: Black Dandelion
Scheduled release: February 28, 2019 / Price: TBA

Travis-Strikes-Again-No-More-Heroes_2018_12-20-18_001.jpg

• New playable character: Shinobu Jacobs
  • Shinobu-exclusive skills: Gekkōken-Ran, Isamiashi-Shinobu
  • Badman Ver. ADV Part: 6 variations in total
Additional Content Vol. 2: Bubblegum Fatale
Scheduled release: April 30, 2019 / Price: TBA

Travis-Strikes-Again-No-More-Heroes_2018_12-20-18_002.jpg

• New playable character: Bad Girl
  • Bad Girl-exclusive skills: Cleanup, Prospect
  • Additional stage: “Killer Marathon” + 1 new boss skill
  • Travis Ver. ADV Part: 1 new additional episode
Season Pass
Scheduled release: January 18, 2019 / Price: $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99 (including tax)

Travis-Strikes-Again-No-More-Heroes_2018_12-20-18_003.jpg

• Additional Content Vol. 1: Black Dandelion
  • Additional Content Vol. 2: Bubblegum Fatale
■ Introducing the TSA Voice Cast!

Travis Touchdown: Robin Atkin Downes (returning from No More Heroes 1 and 2)

Travis-Strikes-Again-No-More-Heroes_2018_12-20-18_004.jpg

Badman: Steve Blum

Travis-Strikes-Again-No-More-Heroes_2018_12-20-18_005.jpg

Shinobu Jacobs: Kimberly Brooks (returning from No More Heroes 1 and 2)

Travis-Strikes-Again-No-More-Heroes_2018_12-20-18_006.jpg

Bad Girl: Kathryn Fiore (returning from No More Heroes)

Travis-Strikes-Again-No-More-Heroes_2018_12-20-18_007.jpg

Brian Buster Jr. (Stage Boss): Greg Ellis

Travis-Strikes-Again-No-More-Heroes_2018_12-20-18_008.jpg

■ Game Overview

Several years have passed since the events of No More Heroes 2… This time around, the setting is a small town in the middle of nowhere in the American South. Badman shows up at the trailer Travis has been living in to exact revenge for the murder of his daughter, “Bad Girl” – and things go horribly wrong. As they battle it out, the two are sucked into the game world of the legendary game console, the “Death Drive Mk-II.”

Developed by Dr. Juvenile, the Death Drive Mk-II has six games contained on “Death Balls”. It’s said that collecting all six and then beating each game allows the player to have one wish granted. Travis and Badman team up to seek out the Death Balls in order to bring Bad Girl back to life.

View the screenshots at the gallery.

visit gallery »

Switch
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes ‘Life is Destroy’ trailer
Published 1 day ago. 1 comment.
Another in-game game introduced.

TSA-NMH-Life-Destroy_12-21-18.jpg

Grasshopper Manufacture has released a new trailer for Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes introducing “Life is Destroy,” one of several “video games” protagonist Travis Touchdown will fight through during the course of the game.

If you missed it, the previous trailer introduced the “Electric Thunder Tiger II” game.

Watch the trailer below.

Switch
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes ‘Coffee and Doughnuts’ trailer
Published 15 hours ago. 7 comments.
A side-scrolling action adventure game.

TSA-PV_12-29-18.jpg

Grasshopper Manufacture has released a new trailer for Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes introducing “Coffee and Doughnuts,” one of several “video games” protagonist Travis Touchdown will fight through during the course of the game.

If you missed it, previous trailers introduced the “Electric Thunder Tiger II” and “Life is Destroy” games.

Watch the trailer below.

Switch
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes ‘Golden Dragon GP’ trailer
Published 2 weeks ago. 2 comments.
A racing game.
Golden-Dragon-GP-TSA_01-04-19.jpg

Grasshopper Manufacture has released a new trailer for Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes introducing “Golden Dragon GP,” one of several “video games” protagonist Travis Touchdown will fight through during the course of the game.

If you missed it, previous trailers introduced the “Electric Thunder Tiger II,” “Life is Destroy,” and “Coffee and Doughnuts” games.

Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes is due out for Switch on January 18.

Watch the trailer below.

Also with below

Switch
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes launch trailer
Published 1 day ago. 10 comments.

Now available worldwide.

TSA-NMH-PV_01-18-19.jpg

Grasshopper Manufacture has released the launch trailer for Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes, which is now available worldwide for Switch.

Here is an overview of the game, via Nintendo.com:

About

Get into the game—literally! Beam Katana in hand, Travis Strikes Again!

Several years after No More Heroes 2… This time, the setting is a small town in the middle of nowhere in the American South. Badman shows up at the trailer Travis has been living in to exact revenge for the murder of his daughter, Bad Girl, and things go horribly wrong. As they battle it out, the two are sucked into the game world of the legendary game console, the Death Drive MkⅡ. Developed by Dr. Juvenile, the Death Drive MkⅡ has six games contained on Death Balls. It’s said that collecting all six and then beating each game allows the player to have one wish granted. Travis and Badman team up to use the Death Balls to bring Bad Girl back to life.

Key Features

• In the Adventure Part, you can search for Death Balls (game software) and enjoy hilarious interactions between characters.
  • Pass a Joy-Con to a friend and team up anytime, anywhere! By performing simultaneous Charge Attacks during co-op play, you can unleash the super-powerful co-op attack Choco Banana with Caramel Ice Cream.
  • Collaborations with various indie games! You just may find your own favorite character!
  • Features lots of laughs and iconic gags from the NMH series, such as saving your game on the toilet, etc.!
  • DLC scheduled to make fan favorites playable! Stages also to be added!
  • Hit the road in an all new adventure with gaming’s most hardcore otaku assassin.
  • Beam Katana in hand, Travis Strikes Again!
Watch the trailer below.

Switch
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes ‘Day 7 Patch’ now available
Published 16 hours ago. 25 comments.
A familiar face makes an opening movie appearance.

TSA-NMH_01-25-19.jpg

Grasshopper Manufacture has released the “Day 7 Patch” for Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes, which includes a new opening movie with a cameo from Killer7protagonist Dan Smith.

Here is the full announcement:

In-Game Collaboration with Killer7 Character Dan Smith

Dan Smith, the character appearing in the game Killer7, which was released for the Nintendo GameCube in 2005 and then to Steam in November of last year, makes an appearance in the Travis Strikes Again opening movie. Returning to the game to voice the character 15 years after the release of the GameCube original is none other than Michael Gough. Dan Smith shows up to pay a visit to Bad Man, who is plotting his revenge on main character Travis Touchdown for Travis’s murder of his daughter. What could Smith’s true intentions be? This exciting new opening movie is included in the Day 7 patch, released today, January 25—seven days after the reelase of Travis Strikes Again.

Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes is now available for Switch.

View a set of screenshots from the opening movie at the gallery.

visit gallery »

Switch
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes DLC ‘Vol. 1: Black Dandelion’ launches February 28
Published 3 days ago. 28 comments.

Shinobu joins the playable roster.

TSA-DLC01_02-22-19.jpg

Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes downloadable content “Vol. 1: Black Dandelion” will launch via the Nintendo eShop on February 28, developer Grasshopper Manufacture announced.

This downloadable content pack includes:

• Shinobu as a playable character
  • Two skills specific to Shinobu
  • “Badman Strikes Back” text adventure
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes is available now for Switch.

Switch
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes DLC ‘Vol. 1: Black Dandelion’ launch trailer
Published 3 hours ago. 7 comments.
First add-on pack available today.

TSA-NMH-DLC_02-28-19.jpg

Grasshopper Manufacture has released the launch trailer for Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes downloadable content “Vol. 1: Black Dandelion,” which is available today via the Nintendo eShop.

As previously detailed, the downloadable content pack includes:

• Shinobu as a playable character
  • Two skills specific to Shinobu
  • “Badman Strikes Back” text adventure
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes is available now for Switch.

Watch the trailer below.

safe_image.php

Switch PC PS4 TOP May 25, 2019210
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes coming to PS4, PC
January-released No More Heroes game no longer Switch-exclusive.

Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes is coming PlayStation 4 and PC via Steam, developer Grasshopper Manufacture announced at MomoCon.

The No More Heroes action adventure hack-and-slash game first launched for Switch in January.

Further details, including a release date, were not announced.

So bets on a No More Heroes Collection?

Ports of 1 and 2 are out now. $20 each, though they have a small sale right now.

August 27 for 3. Which looks amazing, even if they talked all over it durin the direct! :argh:

No trailer released today. Can't post due to language. Look up Series Digest Movie. Its a pretty good trailer, and the game looks amazing.

Looks like a third playable character.

Bad Girl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"