NEW Red Steel Screens

TheGrayGhost

Sidekick
Reaction score
http://wii.ign.com/articles/726/726285p1.html

red-steel-20060817041651754.jpg

red-steel-20060817041629238.jpg

Incidentally, the IGN link also features a new Red Steel interview.

At least the Wii is able to produce some decent looking graphics and won't look like total s**t compared to the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 like some reports made us beleive

The Wii can do some great graphics.

They're supposed to be fixing the gameplay problems the game supposedly had, aren't they?

red-steel-20060817041629238.jpg

EVERYTIME I SEE A SCREEN FOR THIS GAME, IT REMINDS ME OF 'TIME CRISIS' OR 'AREA 51' ARCADE GAMES. THE ENEMIES EVEN HAVE A "CARDBOARD PROP" LOOK TO THEM. :confused:

Naw, it's not as bad as Area 51, but yea, very similar to Time Crisis.:confused: :o

Brainiac 8 said:
Naw, it's not as bad as Area 51, but yea, very similar to Time Crisis.:confused: :o

SO YOU SEE WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT? I MEAN, I HOPE TO GOD SOME OF THESE SCREENS ARE FROM A TRAINING MODE, WHERE YOU ACTUALLY ARE
SHOOTING AT POP-UP TARGETS; OTHERWISE, THIS GAME WILL HAVE THE MOST LIFELESS, AND ******ED ENEMY A.I. EVER. :confused:

THWIP* said:
SO YOU SEE WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT? I MEAN, I HOPE TO GOD SOME OF THESE SCREENS ARE FROM A TRAINING MODE, WHERE YOU ACTUALLY ARE
SHOOTING AT POP-UP TARGETS; OTHERWISE, THIS GAME WILL HAVE THE MOST LIFELESS, AND ******ED ENEMY A.I. EVER. :confused:

Yea, I understand what you mean. Watching the trailers for it, the AI seems to be pretty good, I mean, they dodge and hide and all that jazz, so I don't think the AI will be that bad.

The look of them though, I see what you mean, I just didn't think about it until you mentioned it. They kind of look like wobbly target boards that you find at a Police Academy.:confused: :o

Ubisoft has been adamant in all of their interviews that the AI will be sophisticated.

But really, it's the controls which will make or break this game. This is why I'm excited about this game and just the Wii in general, us gamers will have to learn how to play again, it's so refreshing, it will be a similar feeling to when we first picked up a pad.

But I'm not buying the Wii or playing Red Steel with any preconceived ideas about how it should feel or play, I'm sure it feel intuitive yet strange at first. It took me a while to get used to the DS stylus, I was holding back when I first used it because I was applying the control logic from previous consoles. I'm sure Red Steel will be similar, in fact I think the developers commented on how non game players easily adapted to the Red Steel controls, it was the seasoned players how brought their previous gaming issues with them that struggled.

Looks nice but I am more worried about the controls. From E3 stuff, there has been some impressive footage of the controls in certain games like Legend of Zelda, Metroid Prime 3, Wii Sports and the Wario game. But Red Steel had me a bit worried with the footage it showed, basically you swung in predetermined directions and the animation was static and boring. Hopefully they fixed it and made it a little more appealing with the controls.

I know a lot of people are like omg Red Steel, but this title does absolutely nothing for me. I'd be MUCH more apt to enjoy a timepeice Last Samurai esque Sword game though.

Its set in Japan and it has Swords... Its already 100 times better than RESISTANCE.

Mentok said:
Its set in Japan and it has Swords... Its already 100 times better than RESISTANCE.

Yeah but the Sword Fighting looked un cool ish at E3. :(

They have changed it since then. Now its a mix of preset moves and dynamic mapping of the wiimote.

I just hope its fun.

I don't know, I was thinking that any sort of real-ish sword fighting type thing with the controller has to be fun....but who knows till we get to try it.

To be honest, Red Steel is down a little bit on my must buy list at launch.:O

Mentok said:

You just had to make that comment didn't you.:rolleyes: man everyone is out to get me.:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"