Super Mario New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Except for the Raccoon Leaf, Tanooki Suit, and Cape :o

Agreed to a point, except the fact that other than the mushroom, fire flower, and starman...no power-ups follow from one game to the other.

SMB3 - Raccoon Leaf, Tanooki, Hammer Bro, Frog suits, P-Wing

SMW - Cape Feather

SM64 - Feather Cap, Metal Mario

NSMB - Giant Mushroom, Turtle suit

Mario Galaxy - Bee suit, Ghost Mario, Ice Mario

For the most part they are always contained within their own game. Mini mushroom is one of the few that now have crossed over from NSMB to NSMBWii.

I'm sure it'll be the same for the Penguin suit, propellor Cap, and Ice Flower (although I hope that one stays...I love it.)

So when I say the best of the games, I am not counting the powerups, or I would gripe that the hammer bro suit has been in only one game. :oldrazz:

I really hope they decide to include this in a Wii bundle. Just like the old days.

So should I get it even though I won't have another person to play it with?

I'm getting it and I'm going to play it solo for the most part.

Worth buying a Wii to get? I grew up on the original side-scrollers and this game looks like it's right up my ally. I'm not much of a gamer anymore but I'm really thinking about getting a Wii so I can play this.

Think that's justifiable - for those of you that have played it? I bought a DS a couple years ago and loved New Super Mario Bros. Also, I don't know how much I'd like the remote. How strange is it to play with a remote on a game like this? I saw a classic controller in the shop today. Can you use that for this one?

You can only use the Wiimote on this. It's not weird at all. You hold it sideways in Wario Land Shake It. I've also used it to play Streets of Rage.

I like holding the Wiimote sideways. It feels like a good throwback to the NES and it works well with the VC stuff. Nintendo has the best D-Pad in the business. NSMBW plays great with the sideways wiimote.

Just finished World 4! :yay:

love this game, but it's frustrating at times.

Went out yesterday and bought a Wii. Also picked up New Super Mario Bros. and Mario Kart. I'm through the first world on Super Mario Bros. and I will already say that buying a Wii for this was worth every penny. A really great game that brings back so many childhood memories. A lot of fun.

Went out yesterday and bought a Wii. Also picked up New Super Mario Bros. and Mario Kart. I'm through the first world on Super Mario Bros. and I will already say that buying a Wii for this was worth every penny. A really great game that brings back so many childhood memories. A lot of fun.

I also recommend you play:

-WiiSports Resort. A hardware add-on called the WiiMotion+ is included with this game, and it's awesome. WiiMotion+, to put it simply, provides additional sensor data to track your movements more precisely than before. Sword play, in particular, is thrilling!

-Punch-Out!!. If you enjoyed the original NES games, this is a no-brainer.

Don't be a stranger to the Wii's online store; there's a lot of gaming goodness to be had on it.

Also, Super Mario Galaxy is a must own game.

I had considered recommending that, but if NSMB Wii is the game he's finally buying a Wii for, I don't think 3D Super Mario is his thing. Otherwise, he would it would've bought when Galaxy came out.

I got my dad to play it with me today, he hated it. I was surprised that he didn't refer to Mario and Luigi being incestuous homsexual lovers this time around like he always does. Though he did refer to the game and all Mario games as gay :(.

Last edited:
What exactly does he play?

I got my dad to play it with me today, he hated it. I was surprised that he didn't refer to Mario and Luigi being homsexual lovers this time around like he always does. Though he did refer to the game and all Mario games as gay :(.

My dad often makes dumb comments like that. But he'd never refer to Mario as gay.

Back in the 80s every mother****er played Mario and didn't feel it was kiddie at all. Now all of a sudden we're too good for it? I was playing it on the Gamestop kiosk earlier today and got a small crowd of dudes that immediately snatched up the controller as soon as I left.

What exactly does he play?

Let me put it this way...if he were stuck on an island with a video game console, a second person to play with, and a video game of his choice, it would be Madden. He also enjoys Mario Kart Wii to a degree and Wii Sports Golf.

When I tried to convince him to play New Super Mario Bros. Wii, he said that all my games were the same. I told him that I had a diverse selection of stealth, platformers, fighting, FPS, RPG, sandbox, etc. And he just summed it up between fighting games and gay games :dry:

Back in the 80s every mother****er played Mario and didn't feel it was kiddie at all. Now all of a sudden we're too good for it? I was playing it on the Gamestop kiosk earlier today and got a small crowd of dudes that immediately snatched up the controller as soon as I left.

My Dad hated Mario right from the onset. Which goes against me being a total Mario rut that buys every Mario game except for Mario Party.

My dad often makes dumb comments like that. But he'd never refer to Mario as gay.

Did you catch the part where he says that Mario is in an incestuous homosexual relationship with Luigi, even though he goes off to saves Peach in almost every freaking game :csad:

I started playing it (was gonna save it for Christmas but I have a lot of games I'm getting still). Not really liking it as much as I had hoped :csad:

I was loving this game right up until I mysteriously lost my game save progress one day.

I had made it to World 5, saved my game and stopped right after I beat the first castle. I came back the next day, beat a couple more levels, saved and quit just to keep my progress then immediately started playing again where I left off. I didn't have time to play for long, so I made it to the second castle in World 5, saved and quit again, and turned off my Wii.

I came back the next day, and I was all the way back at the first castle. That was several game saves ago. I groaned, beat World 5, then saved and quit. I haven't been able to pick the game up since.

I was loving this game right up until I mysteriously lost my game save progress one day.

I had made it to World 5, saved my game and stopped right after I beat the first castle. I came back the next day, beat a couple more levels, saved and quit just to keep my progress then immediately started playing again where I left off. I didn't have time to play for long, so I made it to the second castle in World 5, saved and quit again, and turned off my Wii.

I came back the next day, and I was all the way back at the first castle. That was several game saves ago. I groaned, beat World 5, then saved and quit. I haven't been able to pick the game up since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"