• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

New Spec Script Finished!

enterthemadness

The Triumvirate
Reaction score
It's good and it's my best script to date. Planning started on October 2nd 2006 and I've finished the script yesterday. Read over it today to make sure everything was good, make sure spelling is correct, etc. It runs 70 pages (technically 69 1/2 since it ends halfway on page 70) Once it is registered, I will enter it into the 2006 All Access Screenwriting Competition. Hopefully I will finish in the top 8 or even top 3.

http://www.soyouwannasellascript.com/source/competition.cfm

This is my third spec script this year. I've written two fan fics (now on my third) and co-wrote a online e-fed from August to early October. I'm tired and need a part time job. After my third fan fic, I plan to rest my mind and hands until March 2007 when I plan my fourth spec script. (with the intent of selling it)

congrats on finishing it, Madness!

What's it about?

Once it is registered, I will tell you all the name...and the plot.

Good luck! But at 70 pages - is it for a short film? Most scripts tend to be around 120-170 pages, don't they?

Don't get me started on fan-fics though. If they make you happy and hone your skills, more power to you. I tend to disapprove of them.

I wanna read it to see if we should be working together.

AnimeJune-- I e-mailed the people running the site/screenplay competition. 70+ is feature length, so I just meet that to enter it. However...in hollywood...um...90+ is recommended I think. And I'm trying to get into hollywood--well the screenwriting business...for a living. I guess I shouldn't call them fan fics...I don't write fan fics...but I do write stories here for the hype in the fan fiction board. I would like to write an Man Thing 2 and Alone in the Dark 2....the latter actaully has a chance of being made, since Uwe Boll wants to make a lower budget sequel to Alone in the Dark.

Hudson-- Damn Straight.

Ronny Shade-- We'll talk in PM.

180 pages? Ha. That's a 3 hour movie if you're lucky. good luck getting it made.

Ronny Shade said:
180 pages? Ha. That's a 3 hour movie if you're lucky. good luck getting it made.

Always could make it low budget...with friends or cheap actors (like right out of college actors). Depends on what the script is about. Horror is usually cheap to make.

Ronny Shade said:
No actually its more than that. But it doesn't seem like a lot of scenes. I just i have a lot of dialogue i really don't need.

LMFAO.
I would so pay to see a three hour epic from the mind of JAL, lol.

J Alba's Lover said:
No actually its more than that. But it doesn't seem like a lot of scenes. I just i have a lot of dialogue i really don't need.
YES!
A really talky, dialogue-driven 3 hour epic from the mind of JAL. LMAO

Wilhelm-Scream said:
LMFAO.
I would so pay to see a three hour epic from the mind of JAL, lol.
I'm accepting donatations to get it made. How much would you like to donate?

Ronny Shade said:
dry-blood.gif

J Alba's Lover said:
I'm accepting donatations to get it made. How much would you like to donate?
The highest I'd pay would be $20 for a DVD copy of the finished product.

EDIT: Well, no...3 hours...I'd go as high as $28

Wilhelm-Scream said:
The highest I'd pay would be $20 for a DVD copy of the finished product.

EDIT: Well, no...3 hours...I'd go as high as $28
How am i suppose to get it finished without the CASH!!!!!:cmad:

That's your challenge, Mojimbo.
Tell investors you already have pre-orders set (me).

Wilhelm-Scream said:
That's your challenge, Mojimbo.
Tell investors you already have pre-orders set (me).
Yes but where can i find investors at?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"