The Dark Knight New Total Film with free poster

sarg2k

Sidekick
Reaction score
Picked up my the new copy of Total Film today and it has 12 free A1 sized posters.

The Dark Knight one featured is of Batman looking at the city with his back to the camera.

Other posters include Hellboy 2, Hancock, Narnia, Wall E, Get Smart and other rubbish.

On another note I just got back from the Total Film preview event and was really let down. Not only did they show TDKs part at the end of the 3 hour event but all we got was the second trailer, they even announced that it was 'the moment we have all been waiting for!'. Waste of time and waste of money on my part as a TDK fan!

Ah well enjoy the poster

Oh dear here we go again......hahaha, it's joker poster all over again lol

What are the dimensions on the poster? same as joker?

I haven't seen it myself, but if sarg2k is right and they're a1 size then yeah, that's about the same size.

well there goes another $10 out of my wallet

It's not the same size as The Joker poster. It's the size of 4 magazine covers, if that makes sense., wheras The Joker poster was 9. Here's what i mean (Excuse the very rubbish paint blocks lol)

befouc.jpg

White = New poster size.
Black + White = Joker poster size.

I got mine a few days ago. I slipped it into my coat and now it's hanging on my wall. I've gotten it as flat as possible without framing it.. but

It didn't look right in a frame. I'll show some pictures in a day or so.

Hm, shame its not the size of the Joker one. Still a good move on Total Films part, I guarantee their last issue sold much more than usual based on the Joker poster alone.

There is a very brief article for TDK in the mag, here is the article:

"I see him everday in my edit suite. I study his face and I miss him terribly."

Christopher Nolan's moving article for Newsweek, reflecting on the death of his friend and colleague Heath Ledger (whose Joker turn was the most anticipated of the year), shows the curious, desperately sad situation the filmakers now find themselves in.

The Writer/Director is cutting together The Dark Knightnot only with the once-important, now trivial worry of pleasing Bat-fans, but also the knowledge that this could be Ledger's last screen appearance (pending the fatre of Terry Gilliam's The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus).

Prior to Ledgers death, Nolan was already imagining showing him the film hoping the Aussie would be pleased with it.

"Now," writes Nolan. "That screening will never be real..."

What is the issue we are talking about? Is it the one with the Speed Racer cover (May 2008)?

The website doesn't show the posters unfortunately.

What is the issue we are talking about? Is it the one with the Speed Racer cover (May 2008)?

The website doesn't show the posters unfortunately.

yeah the Speed Racer one, it is wrapped in a foil cover which isn't pictured, I will take pictures when I get in tonight so you can see it all

Thanks for confirming it is the Speed Racer issue with a foil wrapper. Has it been sighted here in the U.S. yet? I am in NYC myself (midtown Manhattan actually). :)

A1 size here is a diagram posted earlier

It's not the same size as The Joker poster. It's the size of 4 magazine covers, if that makes sense., wheras The Joker poster was 9. Here's what i mean (Excuse the very rubbish paint blocks lol)

befouc.jpg

White = New poster size.
Black + White = Joker poster size.

Great!
Now if Total Film gives out the "Why So Serious?" poster sometime in the future, I won't have to buy any TDK related posters :o

Very cool, got mine today, oh and anyone in usa waiting for this to hit their shelves, you've got a month from yesterday to wait, that's how long it took you guys to get the one before, you should be getting the 007 covered total film this week, and when our new issue hits over here in a months time then you'll get this one. Sorry for sounding smug but we rarely get anything before you guys so it makes a change lol

that kinda sucks that its not the same size, i would of looked perfect side by side

Pictures would be much appreciated. Those of you that have the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"