Days of Future Past New x-men from the early years of CB's?

Angamb

Avenger
Reaction score
Taking into account that the current x-men at the end of First Class are Beast, Havok and Banshee, all three part of the team in the comics in the 60's and 70's...

Maybe Fox wants to include two or more x-men in the sequel, but leaving out Jean, Scott and Storm (that should be included in the 80's or so), and considering Matthew only wanted one new characther, wich new member from those early years would you like for the sequel?

- Thunderbird (native american)

- Sunfire (japanese)
or
- Polaris

Last edited:
All three are possibiltys.Sunfire might not be used here since he could show up In The Wolverine.Sunfire Is mariko's Cousin.Some might forget about that.

good point.

I wouldnt be mad with a native american x-men, would bring something new to the franshice and genre, I think.

Polaris has such a (potentially) confusing backstory with Magneto, and since him having a child probably won't fit comfortably into this timeline, I don't think they'd go that route.

Sunfire, like marvelrobbins said, has the potential to end up on the Wolverine side of things.

I think that of the three, Thunderbird is the most likely to be picked as a possible character in the sequel, though I'm not really sold on him, either. But it would definitely be nice to see more characters who are minorities.

I'd bet that Storm will be the next character introduced into the series. After XFC's relatively low BO they're going to want a more well-known character to join the X-team. Storm is popular with the audience and she'll add diversity. Fox won't care about continuity issues.

I said It before and I will say It again It Is way too early for any X-Men from earlier films to show up.The sequel will most likely be set In 1960's.Even If you say X-Men and X2
take place In 1990's the earliest Cyclops,Jean Grey,or Storm could show up Is In a mid 1970's setting.

X-Men first Class did very well overseas.It's only In the US that It did reveltly low.Do better promation,and give the sequel a better release date and It will do better.First Class did very well on DVD and Blu-Ray too.

I think it would be really cool if they include them, because that would be their way to pay homage to the early years of the comic books, even if we all know Scott, Jean, Iceman and Angel were the original.

This would be the best way to pay homage and to be a bit faithful to the first generations.

I remember posting this before.

SUNFIRE
& POLARIS BABY!

I'll save Thunderbird for Third Class.

a part of me would like them all, so we'll have all the x-men of second genesis introduced on the movie-verse.

I wouldn't mind seeing Thunderbird.

For the X-men group, they need a female. It's a little overrun by the XY chromosomes right now, and it's starting to get distracting. As an example, if all of the X-men were female (as they are all male like it is right now from the end of XM:FC), that would look a little strange. So why does it look okay to have all the X-men be just men? No offense to men--I like men, but it's very noticeable.

So, whoever they pick, they need a few women (or at least some female children) in the pack.

For the X-men group, they need a female. It's a little overrun by the XY chromosomes right now, and it's starting to get distracting. As an example, if all of the X-men were female (as they are all male like it is right now from the end of XM:FC), that would look a little strange. So why does it look okay to have all the X-men be just men? No offense to men--I like men, but it's very noticeable.

So, whoever they pick, they need a few women (or at least some female children) in the pack.

I agree. They definitely need to add a couple of women to the lineup.

I wouldn't mind seeing Thunderbird.

I think it would be something really interesting, a little subplot that would bring something totally new to the franchise.

Id love to see the current x-men going to ask him to join the team, with a little action scene on the desert, stuff like that, a scene with a western vibe, would be dope!

tumblr_lxykehP7jF1qb8wg6.jpg

Really down to the c-list X-Men now. Polaris is actually pretty powerful, just not a big name.

She's on the same level as Havok and Banshee. What's the problem?

what about an actor for Thunderbird?

Depends on when they set X-Men First Class Part 2.

I figure they should jump 10 years later have the movie set 1973 - and have an older Xavier still played by James McAvoy - hunting down Magneto via news articles and so forth because Magneto has found a way to block his telepathy.

If you set in in 1973 - thats roughly 2 years before the x-men story Second Genesis, which you have to agree is the second big mildstone of the x-men history... Plus thinking about it, first class was set in 1962 a year before the first x-men comic.

In 1973 - you have the oil crisis, womens rights, the watergate scandal, the cold war looking the ultimate weapon. Although you dont have to use those stories i think you have to trains for thoughts here.

1. Ultimate Weapon - Wolverine? 2. Human Right? Mutant Registration Act? i know there are fans of sentinals, i personally not but if there ever was a right way to introduce them. This would be the best way.

Oh and when i mean ultimate weapon wolverine, not talking about his origin again. Im talking about the goverment attempting to use Wolverine in a bid to envoke the mutant registration act.

The idea of the film woudl be about Fear and Protection.

Jumping ahead 10 years to include Wolverine would be one of the biggest mistakes the sequel could make.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"