Days of Future Past Do you want a New young X-men on the 60's team?

Im reading both early comics and current ones too, so I appreciate all.

I just think that even if they never tried to be faithfull, with the big competition that we have now, in terms of other comic movies doing big numbers, like Avengers and Batman, I think many comic readers would appreciate Fox a bit more if they start being a bit more faithful, althought they cant use all the characters that appeared in each storyarc.

For example, in Days of future past, the main x-men were: Wolverine, Storm, Kitty, Collosus, and Rachel too.

So what would Marvel and x-men fans and critics preffer? Fox trying to get back those four characters and actors, to be a bit faithful, or keeping doing more mess like past films as Wolverine or X3?

Im sure most critics and non x-men fans would have a bit more respect if the sequel ends using those four x-men, instead of Iceman, Angel, more two or three unknown b-list characters from the comics.

They HAVE a great chance to do it right this time. and the get back many fans that they lost with X3 and Wolverine.

So I really hope Matthew and Singer are smart and pay attention to what Fox got wrong with previous movies.

It's tricky. And it's now quite a challenge. In First Class, the X-Men they ended up with (Banshee, Beast, Havok) aren't the original five (Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Iceman, Warren/Angel) and the Brotherhood they ended up with (Magneto, Azazel, Emma, Mystique, female Angel, Riptide) aren't the original Brotherhood (Magneto, Toad, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Mastermind) nor the Brotherhood in the past of DoFP comic (Mystique, Pyro, Avalanche, Destiny, Blob).

Also, there are three versions of DoFP. In the original comic, future Kitty's mind was sent back in time to possess the body of past Kitty by Rachel Summers. In the X-Men cartoon, Bishop was sent back using a time machine invented by Forge. In Wolverine and the X-Men, Professor Xavier telepathically communicated with the X-Men of the past.

If they want the Original Five to be existing in the 60s, they somehow have to bring in Warren/Angel, Iceman, Cyclops and Jean to join Beast, and get rid of Havok and Banshee. Creating the original Brotherhood also means radical changes.

Where do they go from here?

it wasnt my point x-maniac, hehe

I mean, the original five wasnt possible, and their choices were right. I really liked it. Banshee, Havok and Beast. pretty fine for me.

About this sequel, I think they could be faithfull with the future timeline.

The team of the past is what it is. It doesnt have to be like the storyarc from 1982.

I think the smart move would be to respect the characters from the future. Wolverine and Storm (biggest actors from original trilogy, curiously) more Kitty and Collosus. And I personally think Rachel and Franklin would be cameos easily. As a great nod to the comics. F4 fans would love it definetly. And it would be a great nod to the feel of a shared universe. In case Fox would like to "please" fans of both teams with little nods like that.

I think its more easy that some fans use to think.

4 main x-men in the future, and a few cameos.

X-men fans would be happy, critics would appreciate it, Marvel fans would respect Fox a bit more, and general viewers would love the movie perfectly too.

In my opinion, this would be a SMART move by Fox and Matthew.

They can get back most of the lost fans and many Marvel fans too. And it would only lead to a bigger boxoffice yet with the next sequel.

Last edited:
it wasnt my point x-maniac, hehe

I mean, the original five wasnt possible, and their choices were right. I really liked it. Banshee, Havok and Beast. pretty fine for me.

About this sequel, I think they could be faithfull with the future timeline.

The team of the past is what it is. It doesnt have to be like the storyarc from 1982.

I think the smart move would be to respect the characters from the future. Wolverine and Storm (biggest actors from original trilogy, curiously) more Kitty and Collosus. And I personally think Rachel and Franklin would be cameos easily. As a great nod to the comics. F4 fans would love it definetly. And it would be a great nod to the feel of a shared universe. In case Fox would like to "please" fans would little nods like that.

I think its more easy that some fans use to think.

4 main x-men in the future, and a few cameos.

X-men fans would be happy, critics would appreciate it, Marvel fans would respect Fox a bit more, and general viewers would love the movie perfectly too.

In my opinion, this would be a SMART move by Fox and Matthew.

They can get back most of the lost fans and many Marvel fans too. And it would only lead to a bigger boxoffice yet with the next sequel.

Ok, so what about future Xavier and Magneto? Patrick Stewart has hinted that he might be coming back, and his son mentioned Ian McKellen. They also mentioned Famke, Rebecca and Anna, so if that's true, it could be different people in the future. They might be going for the most popular/memorable actors from the original trilogy.

But I agree it would be nice to respect the comics, though with Franklin it would be a long time before he meant anything to the rest of the audience because there is no FF movie cast or in production, let alone a sequel where he might be born.

I thought about Patrick and Ian too.

I think Fox just want to attract a certain public with those actors. I understand it and I think its a smart idea too.

Patrick could be a special cameo more than an actual role in the future. And Ian.... well, Magneto was part of the future so it would be faithfull too.

The size of Erics role would deppend on Ian's agenda and the script, I guess, so Im not worried about him.

In any case, I think Fox has a jewel in his hands this time, and if Matthew, Jane and Singer are smart and do a great job with the script and action scenes, we'll have something really really big and special this time.

Im definetly excited

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"