Days of Future Past New x-men from the early years of CB's?

If we add two new mutants to the team, and Charles train them hard as as team, they have options with the brotherhood.

Matthew vaughn had hinted he only wants to add 1 new character In Sequel.If we get an X-Men Vs Brotherhood story In sequel we will get 1 new X-Man.

Most likely when we get to third and final film In trilogy Is when we get more familar X-men.After sequel havok and Banshee will be gone.Angel Salvodore and riptide will defently be gone after second film and Azarel could as well.The third film could see Introductions of Cyclops and Jean(Ignoring the young versions In Wolverine and Last Stand) as well as storm and even possibly Angel.

Im pretty sure Fox will push him to add at least two new x-men.

dont be worry about it

Im pretty sure Fox will push him to add at least two new x-men.

dont be worry about it

Yeah I see them adding a few regardless of what Vaughn said. No one knew what the script called for. They def need a bigger team. One new member wont be enough to hold their own imo.
Most likely when we get to third and final film In trilogy Is when we get more familar X-men.After sequel havok and Banshee will be gone.Angel Salvodore and riptide will defently be gone after second film and Azarel could as well.The third film could see Introductions of Cyclops and Jean(Ignoring the young versions In Wolverine and Last Stand) as well as storm and even possibly Angel.
Nah, I think they will hold on to at least one of them. Hopefully Havok gets better at controlling his powers. As of now hes the main powerhouse and has the most potential in battle. They wont ditch all their line up.

Honesty, I wouldn't mind some characters from the early saga, but Vaughn's done an impeccable job of incorporating characters like Azazel, Darwin, and Angel (Morrison version) who are only a decade old, into the story.

I think that allows to be less limiting, and I for one, would KILL to see someone like Anole, Mercury, Husk, Chamber, Dani Moonstar, Karma, Elixir, Surge, or Dust in the story.

Plus, Moira did mention the school should probably have some more students.

Honesty, I wouldn't mind some characters from the early saga, but Vaughn's done an impeccable job of incorporating characters like Azazel, Darwin, and Angel (Morrison version) who are only a decade old, into the story.

I think that allows to be less limiting, and I for one, would KILL to see someone like Anole, Mercury, Husk, Chamber, Dani Moonstar, Karma, Elixir, Surge, or Dust in the story.

I think some of those more modern but minor characters would be fine. But I also think the films should acknowledge the early comics too, where possible.

However, the earlier characters are a bit problematic..

Sunfire isn't essential as he was never a long-term member, and he could instead be in The Wolverine for all we know. And his red plasma blasts look like the Havok's powers (as depicted in First Class).

Thunderbird also didn't last very long in the team. And his power isn't very interesting, to be honest.

Polaris presents a tricky situation over her connection to Magneto and similar powers. But she could be made to be more interesting with more visible powers - and could factor into a plot as someone hired (by the government?) to find Magneto (by sensing his powers) and be a countermeasure against him.

Scarlet Witch could be interesting, although she may also be wanted for future instalments of The Avengers.

Polaris presents a tricky situation over her connection to Magneto and similar powers. But she could be made to be more interesting with more visible powers - and could factor into a plot as someone hired (by the government?) to find Magneto (by sensing his powers) and be a countermeasure against him.

Scarlet Witch could be interesting, although she may also be wanted for future instalments of The Avengers.

Id like to see both characters. The connection with Magneto will probably be ditched. Guess they could do Magneto the missing years if they wanted. I doubt Fox would give up the rights to Wanda which kind sucks I would rather see her in Avengers.

Id be cool with a few of those additions. Also Fantomex could work well without some of his crazier powers like EVA. A faux french thief mutant during the First class time period could be cool.

The only character I would kill to see done right on screen thats unused would be Psylocke. Think shed fit best for The Wolverine but if treated right FC2 would be cool.

Last edited:
I think playing homage to the early years of the comics with some characters from that era is a great concept.

We have seen the main x-men on the first trilogy, and we'll probably have young Scott and Jean on the last sequel of this new trilogy, so why not to use some of the first x-men on the next movie?

Two votes to Thunderbird

I like it!

I'm not entirely convinced Thunderbird would work as a main character though. His powers are boring - enhanced speed (but not as fast as Quicksilver), enhanced agility (but not as much as Beast), enhanced strength (but not as much as Colossus) - and a volatile temper (but not as much as Wolverine). And his powers have little to do with his name, apart from hinting at his native American heritage. Plus, he wasn't in the team for very long in the books. (Interestingly, and bizarrely, when featured in Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends, he instead had powers to shapeshift into north American animals like a bear.)

I think playing homage to the early years of the comics with some characters from that era is a great concept.

We have seen the main x-men on the first trilogy, and we'll probably have young Scott and Jean on the last sequel of this new trilogy, so why not to use some of the first x-men on the next movie?

I never really considered these the first X men. Out of the three that are poll options I dont really think they would bring that much. If they did introduce Thunderbird I would assume it would be to have someone killed off. Cause all he really did was die. His brother Warpath would be a better option imo. With Sunfire, they already have a flying X Men so I would doubt they would want two. Unless they had a villain who could be a good contrast for Shiro. Polaris seems the best bet to me, character wise I think she could bring the most.

Depneds what the script calls for but I see no reason why it would have to be between only select X Men from the seventies and late 60s. Some of those characters are not as interesting as other X-men down the line and didnt do much.

Last edited:
They can easily have Polaris as the main new character, and Sunfire and Thunderbird as secondary characters, as new students on the school and to bring some team action on the final battle and then leaving the team at the end of the sequel, to leave room for Scott and Jean on the last movie.

Depends who they would be fighting. I really dont see anything Thunderbird could bring to the film except another Darwin like death.

I have been thinking about this lately.But,what do others think about Chloe Moretz as polaris.She If they could get her would create attention.Plus she has worked with
Matthew Vaughn before.

Depending how tall she looks next year

:D

oh, and how she would look next to Lucas Till.

She's a great artist, but not sure if she would fit the role.

I have been thinking about this lately.But,what do others think about Chloe Moretz as polaris.She If they could get her would create attention.Plus she has worked with
Matthew Vaughn before.

She seems a bit too young.

If we're going with someone who worked with Vaughn before, than:

Lyndsy Fonseca

lyndsy-fonseca-profile.jpg

mmm, she has a great look, definetly.

havent seen more photos of her, but I love this suggestion

You should see Lyndsy on Nikita.Hopefully Lyndsy won't be available but If those Idiots at the CW cancle Nikita Lyndsy would be good choice.

I'm still crossing my fingers for Polaris & Sunfire.

And if they only have to add 1 person in the X-men team roster, it should be Polaris.

I'm still crossing my fingers for Polaris & Sunfire.

the more I think about these two new x-men, the more excited I get.

To see a new girl on the team, with a love interest in Havok, and having another mutant that can fly, like Banshee, but use fire at the same time..... wow, they all could bring a great battle with the brotherhood

Lets hope Fox reads this topic :woot:

If Wolverine and Storm are going to be in the 2014 X-Men movie. I doubt we would see Polaris or Sunfire in the movie. I think if they are gonna introduce a new character, it would be a villain or a character from the future world, not a new X-Men member of the 60s X-Men.

if would be a really crowded movie if so...

but the x-men needs a new mutant, at least, so Im sure Fox will push for a new x-men, specially for promotional issues, too

if they do the DOFP plot after all, I hope at least they use a girl

Call me crazy but I think In Days of future Past If Polaris Is In It It might be In future
scenes not the 1960's.If they want to do Polaris as daughter of Magneto(they may not.Remember untill 2004 she was not portrayed as Magneto's daughter) It's kinda hard to do that with Michael Fassbender.Having her In future and having her play a role In allowing the chance to change the past would allow you to do her as Magneto's daughter.

Using Characters from earlier films means you have to take Into account them being used. I don't think there Is going to be a lot of room for new characters.Especilly with
all the characters returing from First Class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"