New Year's Resolutions: What Are Urs?

i'm fairly good at resolutions. i achieve more than i dont, so they're more goals than anything else

that being said:

* since it's 2011, i'd like to lose at least 11 lbs lol
* pay off at least one credit card

that's my main goals for now

I paid off my credit cards last year.....it is a wonderful feeling......I felt so powerful when I cut them in two, then three, then four pieces.....it was awesome.

My debt as of today is my car note, that will be paid off in July.....can't wait.

I didn't make any last year....I just promised myself that all extra cash ie: tax return, summer school stipend would go to paying off my credit cards....I'm glad I did....but I didn't make it a New Year's Resolution, because I usually don't follow through on those...

I paid off my credit cards last year.....it is a wonderful feeling......I felt so powerful when I cut them in two, then three, then four pieces.....it was awesome.

My debt as of today is my car note, that will be paid off in July.....can't wait.

i'd really really like to be able to do that this year. i have one that's down to 300 and another that's less than 500. to pay them both off would be stellar.

i'm a coupon clipper/user and i think this year for all the money i save on coupons, i'm going to put half in savings, and the other half into emergency funds, for bills, fun, etc

I've already broken one of my resolutions, turns out I just can't say no to a good cocktail....

To stop being so angry at work and less sarcastic.

Last edited:
LESS sarcastic? Why would anyone do anything like that?

My resolutions include getting more rest, making more love than sex, and staying in touch with my family a lot more frequently. Last year I let my job kinda run me into the ground (in terms of stress) so I cannot allow that this go 'round.

Also, I need to get to know my bf's family a tad better. We had Christmas for the first time with them and it was...awkward. But I think they might be finally coming around to us "as a concept". Jason broke the news to them last year about what we were doing, and er uh...it didn't exactly go over that well. :dry:

My resolution isn't getting off to a good start at all.

It's not so much a resolution per se, but my mantra for 2011 is, "**** it, just go for it". I'm just gonna go for whatever it is I want. I'm not gonna let fear keep from doing anything.

i'd like to make this year more about me. i always put myself on the back burner so i need to start putting myself first for a while

I'm probably going to stop posting on internet forums, I just can't see any kind of scenario where it would be fun or mentally healthy for me.If you are out working, of course there will be no time for it, and if you are sick and post, then folk will accuse you of faking it to avoid work, so how can you post?
edit: but i know i won't, bleh.

Last edited:
why would someone accuse you of faking sick while posting? you can post from just about anywhere, work, home, mobile etc

It's the people who say they're gonna do it and then do ***** all that annoy me the most. Try to lose weight by all means just don't tell anybody you're doing it.
Telling other people gives you more motivation not to fail. So, I always recommend to tell people. Tell everyone you know.

I don't recall if I mentioned this one before but I have cut off soda 100% so I don't want to take another sip of soda in 2011 and pretty much beyond. Last time I had any soda was a sip on new years day and after that is when I decided no more!

My resolution is to be committed. To make firm decisions and not watered down half decisions. Most importantly I need to stop being on the fence and if I have something to say, I should say it, rather than let it slide, building up the stress and making myself mentally ill because of it.

And on top of that, I need to face my fears instead of running away. I say this while I am currently procrastinating and avoiding doing any form of work. GAH!

On a lighter note, I am however feeling on top of the work for my short film which is actually keeping me going at this very moment. I have the dedicated people that I am working with, to thank for that. :)

why would someone accuse you of faking sick while posting? you can post from just about anywhere, work, home, mobile etc

I just meant if people at work know where you post etc, and they check up on that if you are off sick, they can then say 'if he is well enough to post on forums, he is well enough to work.' But, I probably have overdone it sometimes on the boards when I should have been resting when sick and tired. It is probably best just to ignore some comments, esp when you have about 7 or 8 people all going for you at once, let the babies have their bottles.

I know its nothing original in the slightest, but I’ve resolved to stand up and become the person I see in my head and hear people say I am. In other words, I want to finally believe what people tell me, and by doing that, I need to resolve the short comings that blind me from the good qualities.

I’ve got several issues to address:

Smoking. This was more of a Christmas gift to myself, but as of December 15, I’ve only had TWO cigarettes. I normally smoke a pack a day. And the two that I’ve had since I quit were at parties I attended (drinking makes the desire to smoke even worse). I’ve been to the bar and other parties since then and have been able to keep myself from bumming a cig. I’m noticing how bad smokers smell, and that realization both embarrasses me, and helps motivate me to not be stinky by smoking. I’m even starting to forget to take my Nicorete lozenge, so I think that shows I’m doing well.

Health. I haven’t been the healthiest person the past few years. After my engagement ended a few weeks before the wedding, depression and the subsequent medication made me balloon. I went from being pretty fit – 145lbs (I’m 5’6’’) to 210lbs. What makes it so bad emotionally for me is that I’m actually a pretty attractive guy – but with the extra weight, that person is lost. I need to uncover that guy again. Over the past year, I’m down and hovering between 185-190lbs, but my goal for this year is to hit 160. Eating healthier and exercising more. It takes me 2.5 hours to get home from work, so by the time I’m home, I’m exhausted and just want to relax, so instead of sitting on the couch, I immediately change out of my work clothes and hop on the treadmill. I’ll be starting P90X up again soon, too.

Music. My band has been writing our first record for almost two years. We’re nearly done, but I want to be able to focus on it and get it over with – I’ve been dragging my feet too long.

Housing. After the wedding debacle, I had to move back into my folks’ house. Being a 25 year old living at home is a little embarrassing, especially when I make more than any two of my friends combined, and yet they’re the ones with apartments and houses. Lowering my student loan payments and finally paying off the expenses for the wedding that never happened this year will allow me to get my own place.

I don’t think that I’ve ever made new years resolutions, and I tend to roll my eyes when I hear people say “this is going to be a good year…I can feel it”. While I won’t say that exactly, I will say that I’m determined to make this a year that I can look back on and say “I did everything I could to make it worthwhile”, which is something I haven’t been able to say the past few years.

I just meant if people at work know where you post etc, and they check up on that if you are off sick, they can then say 'if he is well enough to post on forums, he is well enough to work.' But, I probably have overdone it sometimes on the boards when I should have been resting when sick and tired. It is probably best just to ignore some comments, esp when you have about 7 or 8 people all going for you at once, let the babies have their bottles.

if your coworkers have time to do that, then they need to get a hobby or get back to work. i post while at work sometimes, and i'm sure a lot of people do.

just don't tell your coworkers you post here

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"