1.  2022 SuperHeroHype Awards

The 2022 Hype Award Season, hosted by Lily Adler and ComicChick is officially live!

Voting is now over! Stay tuned for the awards ceremony!

The SuperHeroHype Awards

NFL 2022 - Game On

Discussion in 'Sports' started by InCali, Feb 14, 2022.

1. Immortalfire In the pale moonlight

Falcons are clearly the best seven loss team in the league :eek:

P Supreme likes this.
  2. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

And the Saints are the best 8 loss team and the Bucs are the best 6 loss team. That makes the NFC South the best.....uh.....the best.....

hold that thought and I'll get back to you.

P Supreme likes this.
  3. Immortalfire In the pale moonlight

It’s a glorious battle to the end

Ghostrider87 likes this.
  4. P Supreme Registered

I want to be on the record saying despite NYG needing a WR in the worst way
    I don't want OBJ back on team boat ride then playoff loss i can't forgive lol

5. P Supreme Registered

Zack Wilson will never start for Jets again

Babillygunn and sycamore like this.
  6. sycamore Registered

To think the Jets could have had Justin Fields or Ja'marr Chase in that draft.

P Supreme likes this.
  7. sycamore Registered

Ir must be frustrating as an Eagles fan to know that, despite how well your team has played, they still can't let up. Minnesota have a ridiculously easy remaining schedule. Dallas road is slightly tougher, but not by much, and they get a chance to gain some serious ground with Philly coming into their crib in a couple of weeks.

That #1 seed means everything: HFA throughout the playoffs, but more than that, the one team that gets the bye week. These 3 teams will be fighting for it tooth and nail in the upcoming weeks.

P Supreme likes this.
  8. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

Message to Colts....Timeouts are important..

P Supreme likes this.
  9. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

I'm sure some GMs are thinking "We coulda had Mahomes". LOL. That's life.

The Eagles are in good shape. Man.....they stand to get a 5-10 pick in the first round of next year's draft as well as their own. Eagles' fans got 1st world problems. They got their QB, a very good team, and big time draft capital. QBs are going to go high next year and that means the Eagles can go elsewhere and probably get a better pick at another position than they'd normally get.

sycamore likes this.
  10. P Supreme Registered

we need to go 2-2 with the WFT and Egirls
    to make it this season has been a blessing didn't think i would be watching meaningful games in november

11. sycamore Registered

Nice observation.

Only thing the Eagles won't get next year is their cupcake 2022 schedule. Expect to see a lot of Buffalo's, Kansas City's and Miami's in their schedule next year.

12. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

Thanks and back at ya. On the face of things, they had an incredibly soft schedule this year and you can't expect that next year. That being said, their schedule probably isn't as soft as I thought it would be at the beginning of the season. Washington is coming along nicely and the Giants have outplayed expectations. I thought they had a chance to be pretty good, but they've done better than even I imagined. TBH, I didn't think the Cowboys would be as good as they are. I thought they'd be reasonably good, but I see flashes of them looking flat out dangerous. Who would have thought that division would go from where they were last year to where they are this year? They shocked the hell out of me.

I see the Eagles being stronger next year with a much tougher schedule.....1st world problems. LOL

13. Ghostrider87 Registered

Very hilarious that the bad Buccanneers choked the lead 17-10 to the Browns because the Browns tied the game, and Brissett looked like a HOF QB vs the GOAT aka Tom Terrific AKA Tom Brady.
    Also, the Browns got their happy ending becuase the Browns won in overtime since the great RB Nick Chubb was able to score the game-winning touchdown.
    A feel-great win for Browns fans. The Browns aren't going to make the Playoffs so the Browns defeating the Buccanneers was their Super Bowl.

14. Ghostrider87 Registered

The future looks very bright for the Steelers becuase Pickett had a great game vs the Colts and highly impressive or a Rookie Steelers QB that will still have the common growing pains.
    He played like he was the NFL Sunshine.

Also a terrific win by the Browns coming back late to tie the game vs the Buccaneers, and they avoided the tie because they defeated the Buccanneers in overtime which did have Brissett looking like a HOF QB, and Nick Chubb not to be denied scoring the game-winning td.
    The Browns won't make the Playoffs so them defeating Brady and the Buccaneers in a thrilling close game was their Super Bowl.

Also kudos to the Cardinals for finding a new way to disappoint because they choked that lead, and the Chargers soul-crushed them by scoring a 2-point conversion. The Chargers avoid being the infamous team for a choke job in this coin flip game.

Also, the Broncos continue to remain an embarrassment since a terrible Panthers team made them a jabroni by defeating them in the undramatic game since the Bronco's offense remains highly anemic and inept.

Not surprising the Jets rebounded vs a bad Bears team that had no realistic chance of winning without Fields, and becuase the Bears defense stinks. Most likely the Jets win more than 9 games however I'm still not drinking the Jets are a good team that makes the Playoffs Kool aid.

15. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

Before the season started, my take on both the Jets and Giants was that they would be vastly improved from last year (which ain't saying much LOL) because both had good off seasons on paper; both in the draft and free agency. How they came together on the field was something else, but the way they've been playing, either "might" make the playoffs. That being said, I never envisioned either of them as real contenders just yet.

Still, NY football fans have it a lot better than they did last year. They've got 2 good, competitive teams that can beat just about anyone on any given Sunday.

#840 InCali, Dec 1, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2022
    Ghostrider87 likes this.
  16. Ghostrider87 Registered

So finally for the first time in a long time Giants Fans and Jets fans won't be waiting till MLB season starts since the Mets and Yankees have been consistent good teams that make the Playoffs, or get happiness from the Rangers and Islanders that are consistently good teams.

I'm very happy for Jets fans that finally they're seeing a Jets team playing good along with Giants fans that can be happy with the Giants being a good team in the Jones era.

The Patriot's defense won't be able to contain Allen when he runs for valuable yards, and him throwing the football for more than 100 yards. The Patriots don't have the arsenal to contain Allen and the Bills from scoring more than 21 points, and the Bills defense will be able to pressure Jones so he's going to have a challenging night.
    The Patriots could realistically cover the spread however they won't defeat the Bills mostly because Jones this season is not the same great QB while Allen is still a great QB.

InCali likes this.
  17. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

Yeah.....I can't see the Pats hanging with Buffalo. WRT Jets/Giants, if they go .500, they're at 10 wins. WAY above what I saw them. I figured 8 wins would be a good, solid season for them. The Jets have an easier schedule and could realistically get to 10. The Giants have a murderous schedule (Washington is playing good ball, they have them and the Eagles twice, and throw in a game with the Vikes) and if they can get to 9 wins, that's a darn good record.

#842 InCali, Dec 1, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2022
    Ghostrider87 likes this.
  18. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

That's basically what you'll need to make the playoffs. I was never a G's fan, but I'm in your boys court this year. Jets too. I feel bad for the NY fans and want them to have teams to root for in the playoffs.....even though it's likely a 1st game exit. I thought they'd be solid, but both teams have played above my expectations....good for them.

P Supreme likes this.
  19. Ninjablade Law and Order

NB's obligatory post Pats/Bills games reaction.

I want everyone on my coaching staff fired into the sun. Should've been fired weeks ago. Should've never had their positions in the first place. What an embarrassment of a performance, but hey? At least they got them to punt! If Buffalo didn't have an idiot for a QB or a head coach, they should've blown this team out by more. Which makes the loss more frustrating. If my team had even a half decent offensive coaching staff they might've been able to upset the Bills, but that would require actually hiring from outside and paying people. Something we don't do here. **** this season. This is worse than 2020, and that roster was absolute trash.

20. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

:funny:

My take on the Pats is that their problems last night stemmed not from coaching (though that's an issue), but from O line personnel. They just don't have the horses to slow down the Bills D. They couldn't really run the ball (outside of a few times) and deeper drops resulted in massive pressure on the QB. This ended up giving them one option; short passes that tried to mimic a running game. I know Jones is frustrated, but, as QB, he should be able to see what an observer like me can see as plain as day.

At some point when the game was basically over, I would have let Jones call his own plays just to show him that he thought he could do things that weren't possible with their current personnel. Allen, while he makes mistakes, has so much talent that he can get away with breaking the rules. He's still learning, but that throw from the sidelines was just ridiculous. I'm not sure there's another QB who could have made that play (Probably Mahomes....."maybe" Herbert??).

P Supreme likes this.
  21. Ghostrider87 Registered

Not surprising at all the Bills defeated a not-good Patriots team 24-10 since the Bills are a great team while the Patriots are a team that stinks this year because they aren't making the Playoffs, and most likely won't win 10 games or more.
    The Bills in the great Josh Allen era continue to make the Patriots a jabroni which is fitting after years of misery of the Patriots owning the Bills.

22. Ghostrider87 Registered

I expect the Jets with the Legend of Mike White to crash today because I don't see the Jets defeating a great Vikings team in Thundering Minnesota even if Mike White plays great by not turning the football over.
    The Jet's defense is a strength however it will be greatly tested because of Jefferson, and the other arsenal that Cousins has to throw to.
    I'll be thrilled to watch an entertaining game.

I don't see the Titans losing 2 consecutive games in the Vrabel era which is why I'm confident the Titans will rebound against the great Eagles by winning a game that they shouldn't win.
    Titans 31
    Eagles 27
    The Titans protect the football, the Titans pressure Hurts, and Derrick Henry runs for more than 98 yards and 2 Tds.

The Dolphins playing the 49ers is an interesting game because it's been a long time since they defeated a great Bills team. The 49ers have a strong defense so Tagavolia can show he is a great QB today vs the 49ers.

I don't expect the tanking hapless awful Texans to defeat the bad Browns because the Browns have good players so them outscoring the Texans and the Brown's defense creating is the realistic possibility.
    While Watson might be rusty in his revenge game becuase of returning after a long absence I doubt it will be detrimental for the Browns.

23. sycamore Registered

* No rest for the Eagles as the Vikings and Cowboys both won as well. Given Minnesota's soft remaining schedule, Eagles will probably need to win at least 5 of their last 6 to claim the coveted #1 seed.

* Don't look now, but the Bengals actually have a shot at the #1 seed in the AFC. They'll need to win out and hope that KC drops at least one, but they do have at least a mathematical shot.

*Do you fire the Chargers HC at this point? 6-6 for what many considered a likely SB contender at the start of the season.

24. Ghostrider87 Registered

I see I was proven very wrong about the Titans defeating the Eagles 31-27 in a thrilling close game because the Eagles without struggle won a game that only had some drama when the Titans tied the game 10-10 because Burks made a great play to catch the football in the endzone, the Titans defense wasn't able to pressure the great Eagles QB Hurts that had a long time to throw, Hurts scorched the Titans defense that couldn't defend the pass for most of the game, while the Titans didn't turn the football over much it was hollow becuase the Eagles offense was on onslaught that scored 35 points because they scored points in all 4 Quarters, and 60 percent of the 35 points was scored in the 1st Half.
    Derrick Henry running for more than 100 yards and 2 tds was highly proven wrong because the Eagles held Henry to 40 yards, he didn't have the iconic long run, and 0 tds all because the Eagles defense played terrific.
    The Titans had 0 points in the 2nd Half after scoring a measly 10 points in the 1st half because the Eagles defense played terrific including Tannehill getting sacked multiple times.
    The Eagles made the game a huge joke in the 2nd half when it was 28-10, and the Titans defense couldn't prevent the Eagles from scoring a 5th td.
    I really don't mind being wrong because the Titans play in an awful division so most likely they'll still win 10 games with 4 games remaining, most likely they'll still win the AFC South since the Colts even with a New Head Coach continue to have a defense flaw even with a better productive offense with Ryan playing pretty good, and realistically they can still 1 Home game for a Wild Card game.
    Also because I still watched other entertaining NFL games including the Jets found a glorious way to choke vs the Vikings because 4 times the Jets were held out of the end zone by a bend don't break Vikings defense, and the Vikings intercepted the football on the Jets final offensive possession. The legend of Mike White had a very disappointing result in Minnesota.
    The Steelers Falcons was an entertaining coin flip game with Pickett playing like Rember The Titans QB Sunshine, and the rebuilding the Steelers won a road game.
    The Ravens soul crushed the awful Broncos by scoring a game-winning td in a low scoring 10-9 game.
    The Commanders found a way to disappoint by losing to the resilient Giants in overtime.
    The Packers found a way to comeback to soul crush the Bears 28-19 in the great city I love Chicago. Rodgers and the Packers showing they won't quit since mathematically they're still alive to compete for a Wild Card spot.
    A high entertaining game in the Jungle with Joe Cool and The Bengal Tigers outplaying Magical Mahomes and the Chiefs. An impressive victory for Joe, not average Burrow since he is now 3-0 vs the Mahomes lead Chiefs.
    The 49ers did lose a reliable starting QB Jimmy Garropolo however not really a flaw vs a great Dolphins team because the 49ers continues to play terrific including scored a td late in the 4th Quarter, and made the game an embarrassment after it looked like realistically the Dolphins might be able to defeat the 49ers in Levis Stadium.
    Prudy the 49ers 3rd QB played pretty good.
    The Seahawks showed why they are a good team since they defeated the Rams in a thrilling game.

25. Scarlet Spider Registered

MNF! Holy ****! Crazy ending! :wow:

Ghostrider87 likes this.