2008 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does that matter? You need to pick the winning team or you are gone. Who other people pick is inconsequential at that point.

I'm saying the people with 6 wins have NO shot at winning if we use your playoff system. Matt is obviously going to pick the Steelers(since he's a fan). You have a Kurt Warner avatar and have been cheering them on since the beginning. I'm assuming you would pick Arizona. I just think that it's unfair for the people with 6 wins.

lets discuss through PM's. This way we're not filling up the NFL thread.

Report: Gruden could be headed to Notre Dame

Citing a Bucs team source, the NY Daily News is "hearing" that Jon Gruden could be headed to Notre Dame to replace Charlie Weis.
Reporter Rich Cimini admits it seems "a little far fetched," but says there's a theory that Notre Dame will buy out Weis' contract after his recruiting class signs in 1-2 weeks. Weis was nearly fired this past season. Gruden went to high school in South Bend and has long had an affinity for the university he nearly attended. Still, he'd be a risky hire for the Irish. Gruden is passionate about the NFL and hasn't worked the college game in nearly 20 years. Jan. 18 - 10:02 pm et
Source: St. Petersburg Times

Warner did miss him on a clear TD pass, but the Jim Johnson blitz was mainly at fault for that. I haven't checked his stats, but it did seem like a quiet game for him.

Warner did miss him on a clear TD pass, but the Jim Johnson blitz was mainly at fault for that. I haven't checked his stats, but it did seem like a quiet game for him.

Boldin had 4 catches for 34 yards.
And Warner was hit right at the moment he threw that ball.

I saw Boldin sniping with the coordinator and storming off, but I thought he was just headed back to the bench or something. I'd paid no attention to him for the rest of the game. That's pretty low class if that article holds weight though.

Super Bowl preview:

cvs.jpg

My favorite team against my favorite player. Can this end in a tie?[/Donovan]

Kurt is just enjoying the moment. I seriously hope they win the Super Bowl. Roethlisberger has a lot more time to win his second.

Weve known Boldin is a ***** for a while, I dont know why people are surprised. He hates it there.

As for Warner, if they win, anybody thinks he reties? Goes out on top?

They don't have too bad of a schedule next season. I think if he wins it he retires, they lose he comes back for one final season.

Time is close to running out for Kerry Collins, Jake Delhomme and Jeff Garcia to get to the Super Bowl. I think McNabb has at least another year and if Philly doesn't make it next year, the window may be closed on him.

Drew Brees, Carson Palmer, Tony Romo, Marc Bulger and Chad Pennington may never get there.

Elway never won his Super Bowl untill he was 37. McNabb is 32. So I don't think McNabb is completely done as far as getting to the Super Bowl again. I do however believe his time in Philadelphia is slowly coming to an end.

Carson Palmer has had a bad brush of injuries...very sad.

Elway never won his Super Bowl untill he was 37. McNabb is 32. So I don't think McNabb is completely done as far as getting to the Super Bowl again. I do however believe his time in Philadelphia is slowly coming to an end.

They said tonight that McNabb will be back. There is talk however that McNabb wants to meet with the FO about an extension, so that might change things.

I feel good for Ben Roethlisberger and for Kurt Warner. All you hear every damn season is Brady this, Manning (Peyton or Eli) that. And here we are, looking at two Super Bowl champions, facing off, who haven't gotten half the coverage that those guys have. I'm not saying that they're better, just that I'm glad that they're getting a little more respect now that they've made the big one again. In 5 years, Roethlisberger has been in the playoffs 4 times, won a Super Bowl, and might be winning another one. And Warner, LONG after winning the Super Bowl, could close out his career doing it again. Pretty damned awesome.

Couple things I noticed today... anyone agree with me...

Kurt Warner looks like a jacked up version of the Papa John's guy.

Rex Ryan looks like a fat Gary Busey.

Time is close to running out for Kerry Collins, Jake Delhomme and Jeff Garcia to get to the Super Bowl. I think McNabb has at least another year and if Philly doesn't make it next year, the window may be closed on him.

Drew Brees, Carson Palmer, Tony Romo, Marc Bulger and Chad Pennington may never get there.
God, I continue to wonder what things would have been if Miami hadn't insisted on less guaranteed money for Drew and ultimately opting for Culpepper.

I dunno. Phily is 1 WR away from being a dominant offensive team. They have 2 1st round picks, they have to use one of them to go after a WR. I doubt Chad Johnson is even worth one at this point considering Moss went for a 4th rounder, but if the Bengals want one, the Eagles should do it. And I think they will. They tried last off season and it just didnt work (Moss chose New England over more money, Detroit didnt want to get rid of Roy Williams, Cinci wouldnt release Ocho Cinco), but this season I think theyll have better luck.

If I had to compare this seasons Eagles to any team I can think of, the 2006 Patriots come to mind. An exceptional though aging defense paired with an over performing offense. It took the addition of Moss to make them the best offense ever. Hell, I would say the Eagles are in better shape in the Pats o was after 2006.

A Phily offense with McNabb at the helm with Chad Johnson as #1, Curtis (who had 1100 yards in 2007) as #2, and DeSean as the slot man would be a very, very explosive offense that also has Westbrook in the backfield. Pair that with their defenses again, and you have a real super bowl contender. Philadelphia is honestly one piece away from being a very dominant team, they just really need a #1 wr instead of having a bunch of #2 guys which they do right now.

Brees, Palmer, and Romo still have atleast 5 years in them. Palmer basically took this season off because the team was terrible.

This late night sports radio host just called the Eagles a "poor man's Buffalo Bills."
Ouch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"