2008 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see both Cards and Steelers in the SB (and I'm actually 2 for 2 for this weekend's picks). Cards have had a great run so far but I'm going to pick the Steelers to win SB.

I dunno. Phily is 1 WR away from being a dominant offensive team. They have 2 1st round picks, they have to use one of them to go after a WR. I doubt Chad Johnson is even worth one at this point considering Moss went for a 4th rounder, but if the Bengals want one, the Eagles should do it. And I think they will. They tried last off season and it just didnt work (Moss chose New England over more money, Detroit didnt want to get rid of Roy Williams, Cinci wouldnt release Ocho Cinco), but this season I think theyll have better luck.

If I had to compare this seasons Eagles to any team I can think of, the 2006 Patriots come to mind. An exceptional though aging defense paired with an over performing offense. It took the addition of Moss to make them the best offense ever. Hell, I would say the Eagles are in better shape in the Pats o was after 2006.

A Phily offense with McNabb at the helm with Chad Johnson as #1, Curtis (who had 1100 yards in 2007) as #2, and DeSean as the slot man would be a very, very explosive offense that also has Westbrook in the backfield. Pair that with their defenses again, and you have a real super bowl contender. Philadelphia is honestly one piece away from being a very dominant team, they just really need a #1 wr instead of having a bunch of #2 guys which they do right now.

If we had a top flight WR we would have had at least one Superbowl now.....not sure what it is with the FO. McNabb clearly elevates his game to a top 2 or 3 QB when he has one.

As I stated earlier, last time we lost a NFC Championship we went out and got Kearse and Owens, hopefully they do similar moves this offseason.

After a long look at the scores, the following people will be in the final 8.

Double Down - 9 points
Kaleb - 7 points
Metropolis Man - 7 points
Matt - 7 points
The Last Son - 7 Points
Mister J - 6 Points
Bond - 6 Points
StorminNorman Returns - 6 points

My Picks=
untitled.jpg

I do hereby close this thread.

It's time for the party to start :woot: