NFL - Game On

So, do you guys think the NFL is scripted/rigged? It seems It's talked about more than it ever has been recently (at least to my knowledge.) And if you don't think it is, what do you tell people that think it is?

(I know people that legitimately think it's all staged, so I like to have a good rebuttal lol. Or if you think it's rigged, explain why as well.)
i tried to rebut this guy once, but he was very convincing:
1707760426310.gif

i tried to rebut this guy once, but he was very convincing:
View attachment 79908

I hear it from certain relatives and friends that it's turned into the WWE (which I enjoy, don't get me wrong.) But the one video going around is a bunch of clips where a defender has a direct line to hit Mahomes, but they instead go into blocking someone else. And I mean, you hit him too hard, you're probably getting fined, lets be real lol... (and I'm sure there's probably a reason to do it, if another defender is behind them or to force him into another area of the field... but if I have a chance to hit Mahomes, as a defender, I would take it lol.)

But the video I was sent had a about half a million likes on IG, lots of comments saying it's fake. I never even heard the idea of it being fake until 2-3 years ago.

I hear it from certain relatives and friends that it's turned into the WWE (which I enjoy, don't get me wrong.) But the one video going around is a bunch of clips where a defender has a direct line to hit Mahomes, but they instead go into blocking someone else. And I mean, you hit him too hard, you're probably getting fined, lets be real lol... (and I'm sure there's probably a reason to do it, if another defender is behind them or to force him into another area of the field... but if I have a chance to hit Mahomes, as a defender, I would take it lol.)

But the video I was sent had a about half a million likes on IG, lots of comments saying it's fake. I never even heard the idea of it being fake until 2-3 years ago.
While it's true that officials seem to be overly protective of Mahomes, that's a far cry from fixing a game. They are generally uber protective of QBs anyway, but some more than others. The officials are always a problem, but it's also a tough game to officiate. The bottom line is that the NFL owners (even the ones with losing teams) are making money hand over fist and ANYTHING that would endanger their wallets would be shot down faster than a clay disk in a skeet shooting contest.

While it's true that officials seem to be overly protective of Mahomes, that's a far cry from fixing a game. They are generally uber protective of QBs anyway, but some more than others. The officials are always a problem, but it's also a tough game to officiate. The bottom line is that the NFL owners (even the ones with losing teams) are making money hand over fist and ANYTHING that would endanger their wallets would be shot down faster than a clay disk in a skeet shooting contest.
Yeah. A few years back, we lost Carson Palmer and Tom Brady early in their seasons (maybe not same season, but it was close). That, coupled with the CTE revelations has made the league become much more protective, especially of their star positions like QBs. And just like Jordan, Kobe and Lebron getting preferential treatment in calls, it’s going to happen in all sports.

So, there are tons of reasons to explain why defenders are more apprehensive. One of which being it is harder to tackle a guy like Mahommes. The dude is quick and slippery. His eyes are always downfield and he can whip a pass off in an instant. So defenders are already having to chase and be ready to try to bat down a pass while also going for the tackle.

Bottom line is that the guy is really tough and not the type of player who you can tee off on. Defenders know how much he can burn you, which makes them more conservative.

Dude
Mahomes isn't what every talks about him, he's good. Not great. Our D was weak all season, and he didn't run on us.

This is a WILD take after everything Mahomes has done.

Like you are willing to crap on your 49ers GREAT defense to bring Mahomes down. Just wild. But hey it's your opinion and your entitled to it.

As much as I crap on the Chiefs, Mahomes is that guy. Their offense hasn't really impressed this season, though. They've done iust enough to win. Their defense is where it was at this year. If they had the defense they had a season or two ago, not sure they even make the playoffs.

So, do you guys think the NFL is scripted/rigged? It seems It's talked about more than it ever has been recently (at least to my knowledge.) And if you don't think it is, what do you tell people that think it is?

(I know people that legitimately think it's all staged, so I like to have a good rebuttal lol. Or if you think it's rigged, explain why as well.)

No. It's not rigged. And you can't explain it to the people who think it is. They will dissect every thing in a game just to prove it's rigged, even though there's always a logical explanation to it.

Talks of the NFL being rigged have gone on since the start of the Patriots first Super Bowl dynasty as far as I can tell. I'm sure there were talks even before that.

Well... not mad, mostly just sad. I have more hope than ever. I love Purdy and he'll only get better.

Jennings & Juice stepped up, same with Young. We had some rough play calling and some bad bounces...

Moody though, don't trust him at all. I never want him in a Niner jersey ever again.

Whatever.

Congrats on their Defensive Coordinator, he's the MVP last night.

Mahomes isn't what every talks about him, he's good. Not great. Our D was weak all season, and he didn't run on us.

Also, Kelce treated Andy so badly. Pushing him, really? Straight up child behavior.

Looked like an little *****, almost abuser behavior.

Can't believe how much HOLDING their O-Line is allowed.
The idea that Mahomes isn't already considered a great QB is, IMO, way out in left field. Honestly, if he walked away from the game right now, he's probably in the HOF. In 6 years as the starting QB, his passer rating dipped below 100 only twice, under 98 once (this year when he won a SB), and never under 90.

As for the 49ers D, they were 8th overall, and 3 in rushing and scoring defense. There's nothing wrong with their D.

Kelce acted like a jerk, but I guarantee you that Reid didn't mind his meltdown. He understands how pressure packed things are and how competitive these guys are. He wants them angry, but not to be stupid on the field.

Look, I can't STAND Mahomes and like the Chiefs less than just about any team in the league, but, man, Mahomes isn't just good. My buddy @Babillygunn chided me the other day for saying Mahomes is better than Brady and "maybe" he's right. Brady definitely has the edge when it comes to on-field smarts, but he also played over 15 years longer than has Mahomes, but what Mahomes does on the field is just crazy (and for a Raiders fan like me....FRUSTRATING). I hate saying it, but the dude is just off the charts good and money at the end of the game.

I know what video you're talking about. I think the Broncos defender was just trying to get Mahomes to the inside. That or he just misjudged Mahomes' speed and went for McKinnon first. Sometimes defenders are taught to cut to outside to get players to stay inside so other players can make tackle. The play looks weird, but there's always an explanation.

Dude

Like you are willing to crap on your 49ers GREAT defense to bring Mahomes down. Just wild. But hey it's your opinion and your entitled to it.
Our D was the weaker aspect all season... Wilks play calling (stop over blitzing) and injuries kept them from being great, which they easily have the potential on paper.

With all of our issues last night, Mahomes didn't do what everyone acts like he can do. His running near the end, was the the only time that this 'Better Than Brady' even was slightly topical.

Our D was the weaker aspect all season... Wilks play calling (stop over blitzing) and injuries kept them from being great, which they easily have the potential on paper.

With all of our issues last night, Mahomes didn't do what everyone acts like he can do. His running near the end, was the the only time that this 'Better Than Brady' even was slightly topical.

I mean I don't know. All my Niner buddies, as well as fans of Eagles, Bengals, Bills, and any other AFC West team wish Mahomes played baseball instead.

While the game came out about how I thought i(feared) it would, both defenses played much better than I thought. Initially, it looked like the niners were the better team. KC wasn't getting pressure and SF was. The Chiefs were lucky to be down by only one score at halftime, but they seemed to make the better adjustments in the 2nd half. I thought each team would score about 10 points more than they did. As I thought, Mahomes WAS the difference in the game. He came through when he had to and, goddamn it, that always seems to happen. There can be no doubt about who deserved the MVP award. Mahomes won that game.

Look, I can't STAND Mahomes and like the Chiefs less than just about any team in the league, but, man, Mahomes isn't just good. My buddy @Babillygunn chided me the other day for saying Mahomes is better than Brady and "maybe" he's right. Brady definitely has the edge when it comes to on-field smarts, but he also played over 15 years longer than has Mahomes, but what Mahomes does on the field is just crazy (and for a Raiders fan like me....FRUSTRATING). I hate saying it, but the dude is just off the charts good and money at the end of the game.

Here's the thing too, Mahomes is already playing INCREDIBLE. A lot of people forget, Brady was considered more like maybe a Brock Purdy before 2007. Hell you're a Raider fan, you know the tuck rule. Raider fans were never convinced Brady was great just lucky prior to the undefeated season. He always did well in clutch moments but Brady wasn't THE absolute reason they won the games the first 3 Super Bowl wins. In fact back then, people easily said Peyton was the better QB, but Brady just found ways to win despite his limitations.

Mahomes on the other hand it's like no question for me. His ability to read the football field is just absurd and fast. It's nuts.

Here's the thing too, Mahomes is already playing INCREDIBLE. A lot of people forget, Brady was considered more like maybe a Brock Purdy before 2007. Hell you're a Raider fan, you know the tuck rule. Raider fans were never convinced Brady was great just lucky prior to the undefeated season. He always did well in clutch moments but Brady wasn't THE absolute reason they won the games the first 3 Super Bowl wins. In fact back then, people easily said Peyton was the better QB, but Brady just found ways to win despite his limitations.

Mahomes on the other hand it's like no question for me. His ability to read the football field is just absurd and fast. It's nuts.
Never, ever, EVER say those two words again or I will report you to the Mods and do everything in my power to get you banned. :funny:

Then I will nominate you for being the worst banned user of 2024.

My take was that Brady was very good. When he took over from Bledsoe, it was clear tha Pats were a better team for it. That being said, I think Manning was the more talented QB and just as good at reading the field. He didn't last as long and I think that's the main difference.

I personally don't believe Mahomes needs 7 Super Bowls to pass Brady as the GOAT. Winning a third straight Super Bowl next year would be an amazing accomplishment for his resume. Nobody has ever done that. I think Mahomes getting that, along with a few more Super Bowls will definitely put him in the conversation.

I personally don't believe Mahomes needs 7 Super Bowls to pass Brady as the GOAT. Winning a third straight Super Bowl next year would be an amazing accomplishment for his resume. Nobody has ever done that. I think Mahomes getting that, along with a few more Super Bowls will definitely put him in the conversation.
I use the eye test a lot. Brady makes the smart plays, had a great and accurate arm, and had a great team around him. Mahomes has a lot of that too, but when I see them play, I see Mahomes doing stuff that Brady just couldn't ever, every do. I know Mahomes is early in his career, but he just looks better to me,. I could make the same argument for Aaron Rodgers earlier in his career, but he didn't have the organization behind him.

Dude

Lately, Mahomes is to QBs what Belicheck was to coaching: winning SBs with mediocre talent around him.

I use the eye test a lot. Brady makes the smart plays, had a great and accurate arm, and had a great team around him. Mahomes has a lot of that too, but when I see them play, I see Mahomes doing stuff that Brady just couldn't ever, every do. I know Mahomes is early in his career, but he just looks better to me,. I could make the same argument for Aaron Rodgers earlier in his career, but he didn't have the organization behind him.

Mahomes brings a lot more to the table than Brady ever did. His scrambling ability, mostly, and his brilliant ability to improvise while in scrambling mode. He probably does that better than any QB I've ever seen play (Steve Young maybe? Still not Mahomes).

At risk of being perma-banned from this forum, I still think Montana, and not Brady, is the GOAT. 4 Super Bowl appearances, 4 Super Bowl victories. There's a purity there that Brady simply doesn't have. Brady's career is not without its blemishes: losing to the pitiful Giants and Eli "Gomer Pyle" Manning in 2008 when NE was on the brink of an undefeated season and had a HOF team of Brady, Moss and Belicheck was pretty pathetic. And then there's the whole Giselle fiasco :D.

At risk of being perma-banned from this forum, I still think Montana, and not Brady, is the GOAT. 4 Super Bowl appearances, 4 Super Bowl victories. There's a purity there that Brady simply doesn't have. Brady's career is not without its blemishes: losing to the pitiful Giants and Eli "Gomer Pyle" Manning in 2008 when NE was on the brink of an undefeated season and had a HOF team of Brady, Moss and Belicheck was pretty pathetic. And then there's the whole Giselle fiasco :D.
I can see an argument for Montana. He didn't have the longevity, but man that dude used to piss me off. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"