Nicholson vs Romero: The Joker Movie Thread

"Ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?"

Nicholson. It's not even the Joker if you never kill anybody. I'm sorry.

Nicholson is the best Joker an one of the best villians ever on film.

Spoon said:
Nicholson. It's not even the Joker if you never kill anybody. I'm sorry.

That doesn't make sense. The Joker in the comics rarely killed people until the 1980's. Cesar Romero's Joker is exactly like the comic version at the time.

Well, I think if that edge hadn't been restored to the character, we wouldn't be talking about the Joker anymore. He'd be no different than King Tut or Egghead. Basically, I don't think anyone from the '60s show could be the definitive anything because it wasn't the definitive Batman to begin with. (Except maybe Catwoman, since she has always been extremely nonviolent.)

The 60's show is NOT Batman!

Its Campman, they pretty much murdered any respect people had for the character.

I cant beileve anyone with common sense would argue any different.

so yes i prefer Jack, he is the joker!

But Mark hamil, fantastic!

Kevin Roegele said:
That doesn't make sense. The Joker in the comics rarely killed people until the 1980's. Cesar Romero's Joker is exactly like the comic version at the time.

You're right, Cesar Romero's Joker was exactly like the comic version at the time. When he was introduced in the bigginging of the comics, he did kill.

Romero, Meredith, Newmar, and Gorshin were the best cast villians of all time.

MACH said:
The 60's show is NOT Batman!

If you take a trip down historical lane, you will see that was Batman of the time. There was this issue with The Penguin and it was almost adapted word for word into the show.

Dwarf lord said:
If you take a trip down historical lane, you will see that was Batman of the time. There was this issue with The Penguin and it was almost adapted word for word into the show.

I actually know the history. And you right it is Batman for that time, but THAT Batman is dead now, as are all his campy mates, so....

Good Riddance

Jack is the Joker, the one that lives on.

Kevin Roegele said:

when the joker was created in the forties he was a murderer. he would announce his victims and dare the police to stop him, and he would kill his victims with his smilex gas. :joker:

if you have to ask then you're already too far gone to be saved...im sorry...

Both actually. Along with the fact that she is so so hot.

your not secretly hillary trying to make yourself even more popular are you?
if so...im six foot and good looking with a cool car...and i hate lindsay lohan.

kidding

cryptic name said:
when the joker was created in the forties he was a murderer. he would announce his victims and dare the police to stop him, and he would kill his victims with his smilex gas. :joker:

I'm fully aware of the Joker's history. But the character was only a killer for a short period. By the time the TV show was in production, the Joker (and all the Batman characters) were bright and cheerful and the violence had been limited to thwaks and whams for many years.

I realise now how pointless this debate is, as most of the people on these boards are either a) not very familiar with Cesar Romeros Joker or b) not very familiar with the history of the character - Batman & co weren't created by Frank Miller in the 80's.

I did like Romero's joker, I wish he didn't have mustache.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"