Age of Ultron Nick Fury - Samuel L. Jackson - 9 Picture Deal?

Huddsy

Civilian
Reaction score
Source: http://www.fandango.com/movieblog/b...ell-jason-momoa-and-sam-l-jackson-746510.html

Two stalwarts of the Marvel Cinematic Universe unite on-screen at last: badass, superspy Nick Fury and Tony Stark’s suave, supersmart dad Howard Stark. Well, kind of.

Samuel L. Jackson and Dominic Cooper share the spotlight in the new film Reasonable Doubt (which opened in limited theaters last Friday), a thriller that casts Cooper as an ambitious prosecutor involved in a hit and run, only to see an innocent man (Jackson) charged with the crime – seemingly innocent, at least, since he’s a suspected serial killer.

The actors are serious admirers of each other’s work, having met in passing offscreen thanks to their connection to the Marvel movies. In fact, Jackson is hoping Howard Stark – though a 1940s-era contemporary to Captain America – finds his way into more of the films (perhaps via flashback in Captain America: The Winter Soldier or the rumored retro Agent Carter TV series). “It's your gene pool, man – you're Robert Downey's gene pool!” Jackson says, addressing Cooper. “Without you, there'd be no Downey.”

Cooper (currently shooting the video game-to-film adaptation Warcraft for director Duncan Jones) says any actor taking on even a minor player in Marvel lore has a huge responsibility.

“You can't really think too much about – because of so many years and so many fans, you're answering to quite a lot of people's idea of who they expect that person to be,” he says. “Hopefully, they'll work out a way to bring Stark back in somewhere. I don't know how because it was set in the past, but he's a really fun character to play. It's great. He's an old-fashioned playboy.” One thing Cooper hopes for is a story construct that allows him play a scene with his filmic “son” Downey Jr. one day. “There's some fun to be had with Howard Stark, there really is.”

Jackson insists he has no idea about the road ahead for Nick Fury beyond the Captain America and Avengers sequels. “Nope, none whatsoever,” he says proudly. “I just know that the Marvel Universe is there, that there are things going on, and that I have three pictures left on my nine-picture deal. That's all I know. I've done six of them, and I'm about to do seven, so I'm running out of Marvel pictures – unless they extend my contract.”

But don’t worry: if the deal’s right, Jackson’s game for nine more.“Hell, yeah! Why wouldn't I?”

So I'm trying to figure this one out.

- Iron Man
- Iron Man 2
- Captain America: The First Avenger
- The Avengers
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier

I count five, unless one of those "pictures" was Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., which makes me wonder if that being a picture means they can use him over and over in the show and not use another "picture". ORRRR... he secretly shot something for Guardians of the Galaxy?

So that would make six.

So I guess seven means Avengers: Age of Ultron, which means two left for Phase 3.

He was in Thor, albeit briefly

He was? When? I guess we can lock him in Avengers 2 and 3, if he did appear in Thor then that makes 8 appearance so far

He was? When? I guess we can lock him in Avengers 2 and 3, if he did appear in Thor then that makes 8 appearance so far
Postcredits. Showing off the Tesseract to a Loki-controlled Selvig.

Well, I guess that's worth a look.

Either way, I definitely want his contract to get extended, no matter how many more films it is. I want that for everyone in the cast, actually.

The 9th film could be another Captain America sequel.

THOR! That's right... damn.

So I guess AOS doesn't count?

I hope the contract is extended, and Samuel seems like a cool enough guy to willingly do that, i'm glad to see how excited he is for this role and universe, and it's a shame that the tv show wasn't for him as the main character.

There is also some debate over whether you include the Iron Man 1 as he signed the deal after that flick.

So far his appearances include:

1 - Iron Man ("Nick Fury. Director of SHIELD")
2 - Iron Man 2 (supporting character)
3 - Thor ("Well I guess that's worth a look")
4 - Captain America: The First Avenger ("You've been asleep Cap")
5 - The Avengers (supporting character)
6 - Agents of SHIELD (cameo; episode 2)
7 - Captain America: The Winter Soldier (supporting character)

I hope the contract is extended, and Samuel seems like a cool enough guy to willingly do that, i'm glad to see how excited he is for this role and universe, and it's a shame that the tv show wasn't for him as the main character.

With all of the film roles he does SamJack probably wasn't available for a full-time TV role. Plus he would probably cost too much. The way AOS has been set up he almost has to come back as Fury later on this season, though.

I still hope that there can be a SHIELD film somewhere down the line. Fury, Hawkeye, the Black Widow, Maria Hill, Phil Coulson and more agents from the comics would make a great cast for a standalone feature film. We should get to see Clay Quartermain, Jimmy Woo, Daisy Johnson, etc., in action. Of course, a film like that would doubtless make the Agents of SHIELD show look like a cheap knockoff version of SHIELD, but I'm okay with that. :cwink:

So we have

1. Iron Man
2. Iron Man 2
3. Thor
4. Captain America: The First Avenger
5. The Avengers
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

and the seventh he's about to do is The Avengers 2. Agents of SHIELD shouldn't count.

They'll probably extend his contract unless they plan on killing off Fury in Jackson's ninth film.

Does the first Iron Man film count, considering the contract was put in place after that film? I'm beginning to think he was in fact referring to a cameo in Guardians of the Galaxy.

There were rumors a while back about Groot arriving on earth, and Fury himself confronts him, basically telling him to clear off. But around the time of Django Unchained releasing, SLJ made it clear that there were no plans for him to star in GotG, only move from Cap 2 to Avengers 2.

However, plans change all the time, so that's what I'm willing to bet on.

If they killed him off that would be silly. I'm almost positive when they signed him to the deal it was before IronMan. Was he not in TIH? I know Tony did the after credits scene there but did Fury make an appearance in that?

If they killed him off that would be silly. I'm almost positive when they signed him to the deal it was before IronMan. Was he not in TIH? I know Tony did the after credits scene there but did Fury make an appearance in that?

Wasn't in Hulk, no

It seems ridiculous that a cameo counts...
Jackson is okay since he seems cool about being part of this, but just think of that little nothing that RDJ did for TIH.
It would have been much better that they perhaps had incorporated him into a scene where he gets his ass handed to him if it was all the same.

the beautiful thing about jackson is, as soon as his contract is over he will happily sign on for about 15 more films, for free if necessary, because that's just the kind of guy he is.

With all of the film roles he does SamJack probably wasn't available for a full-time TV role. Plus he would probably cost too much. The way AOS has been set up he almost has to come back as Fury later on this season, though.

I still hope that there can be a SHIELD film somewhere down the line. Fury, Hawkeye, the Black Widow, Maria Hill, Phil Coulson and more agents from the comics would make a great cast for a standalone feature film. We should get to see Clay Quartermain, Jimmy Woo, Daisy Johnson, etc., in action. Of course, a film like that would doubtless make the Agents of SHIELD show look like a cheap knockoff version of SHIELD, but I'm okay with that. :cwink:

Uhm, i think he had time, i remember him being a little disapointed that they didn't give him a main character type of role, his relationship with Disney is just that positive, he seems to be enjoying every second as Nick Fury

Nope it was Just Stark as the Consultant in TIH

Don't worry Jackson will be resigned. He has to much fun being the Big Boss

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"