The Avengers The Hoff talks Samuel L Jackson & Nick Fury

Good for Dave. Glad he didnt get all whiny. I was half expecting that.

exclusive: Former ‘nick fury’ david hasselhoff talks samuel l. Jackson & marvel’s new super-spy

'david hasselhoff'that sound you hear? That’s marvel fandom, still applauding the recent news that samuel l. Jackson will be appearing as nick fury in an unprecedented nine-movie deal with marvel films. But as we all know, jackson came dangerously close to walking away from the “iron man” role that he’s slowly becoming synonymous with in geek circles.

And while it would be damn-near impossible to replace him, at least we know the actor who played the role of fury prior to jackson stood ready and waiting in the wings.

“i know nick fury inside and out now, but i’ve already got my validation,” david hasselhoff told mtv news. The former “knight rider” actor, who played the super-spy in 1998’s “nick fury: Agent of shield” had quite a bit to say about both his time as the cigar-chomping shield chief, as well as his successor.

“the greatest compliment i ever received was when stan lee was on the set and said, ‘you are nick fury. You are exactly what i imagined him to be,’” said hasselhoff.

Clearly, “the ‘hoff” is a fan of the character, and even though the actor admitted that he’d hoped to take his version of fury into franchise territory, he’s well-aware that s.h.i.e.l.d.’s lead agent is in good hands with jackson.

“i tried to parlay that into doing it as a feature character because it was so successful as a movie of the week, and then i saw that samuel jackson was doing it, and i went, ‘great,’” laughed hasselhoff. “i love samuel jackson. He’s a friend, and he was actually a neighbor of mine. He’s a terrific choice for nick fury and he’ll be so frickin’ cool because he’s got an attitude. The nick fury i played was written by david goyer, who did some of the ‘batman‘ movies, and it was more tongue-in-cheek and fun than dark.

“i actually can’t wait to see nick fury,” said hasselhoff.

More evidence to be forwarded to the Smithsonian Institution on why the Hoff is badass.

Coincidentally, this is also one of the few MTV Splashpage articles that I've seen that hasn't necessitated a profane response on my part.

Coincidentally, this is also one of the few MTV Splashpage articles that I've seen that hasn't necessitated a profane response on my part.
Nic Cage could possibly see himself playing a villain in Batman 3!
Paul Giamatti wouldn't mind playing the Penguin!
Vin Diesel would like to play someone along the lines of Doctor Doom!
Brett Ratner would like to make a Joker spin-off starring Robert Downey Jr!

Throw in Cher or Shirley Manson as Catwoman and you've got the makings of an aneurysm in place.

“the greatest compliment i ever received was when stan lee was on the set and said, ‘you are nick fury. You are exactly what i imagined him to be,’” said hasselhoff.

Because Stan Lee doesn't say that to EVERYONE who plays one of his characters... :)

Because Stan Lee doesn't say that to EVERYONE who plays one of his characters... :)

I think it's more of a costume match and less of a character match the stan was referring too.

I think it's more of a costume match and less of a character match the stan was referring too.
Must explain why he believed Julian McMahon to be Dr. Doom.

Nic Cage could possibly see himself playing a villain in Batman 3!
Paul Giamatti wouldn't mind playing the Penguin!
Vin Diesel would like to play someone along the lines of Doctor Doom!
Brett Ratner would like to make a Joker spin-off starring Robert Downey Jr!

The 2nd one is actually an interesting suggestion, but the rest:wow: YE GODS NOOO!!

you know, i bet when stan says "you are my character" he's either being super-literal (like saying, you are the guy playing my character) or he's lying to the guy to make 'em feel more comfortable, in hopes he'll do a better job.

...or the studios could just be paying him to say that.

^I vote for a combination of all 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"