The Dark Knight no mention of bruce's parents?

IMO, that need not be spoken. I noticed it, but thought it was a fresh take on the character. He's not dwelling. Not to mention, he had plenty of other things to worry about include new personal loss.

I loooooove mask of the phantasm, I havent seen it in a long time.
My first memory EVER is of the Joker riding on the top of the model train X)

WELCOME, WELCOME TO THE FUTURE! *bang bang bang bang*
...I hate that song.... X)

I would have thought the main reason they weren't mentioned was to hit home the point that there is more to Batman's crusade. Their death was the main reason he became the Batman in an attempt to provide some sort of hope for the city in their abscence. By not dwelling on the point, it has shown that he has now accepted his role as protector of Gotham, instead of trying to live up to his father or because he's an angry young man taking revenge on the world for their deaths

You still got to figure the spot where it happened will make some sort of appearance, as in the The Dark Knight Returns, when he comes out of reclusivity due to a confrontation with the Mutants at that spot, and then later when he fights Superman at that spot. That is where his persona was born, even if it did not manifest itself until decades later, and it will most likely be the same spot where future evolution of his persona will be kicked off.

I'm glad there was no mention of Bruce's parents, also I was not too crazy about Linus Roach as Thomas Wayne.
On a related note, I really like how Alfred even more than in BB is like a surrogate father to Bruce, that scene where he explains the Joker to him is so powerful. Among other things the Nolans really nailed the dynamics of the relationship between Bruce and Alfred imo.
I agree about Alfred, but dude, i loved Roach as Thomas! I didnt know Roach before BB, so i didnt have any preconceptions about him, and i think that he had the aura for it.

Now, generally for all of you that think its unnecessary, well let me remind you that Bruce is and always will be obsessed about his parents' death. I dont want a flashback in every movie, but would have enjoyed seeing him in costume in front of the graves.

no mention of bruce's parents? That's because they're dead! Bruce has moved on. He has new angst, new problems. No cheesie flashbacks that take away from the story, thank you.

I just feel that, for one, there really wasn't any time for that. In the film's timeline, he's only been batman for a little over a year, he just started making real progress then along comes a lunatic that throws the whole city into a panic.

In the next film, near the end, I can imagine him taking some time to reflect on not only his parents, but Rachel & Harvey. As the years go on, and he slips further and further away from any kind of normal existence, those memories will be what keeps him motivated to stay the course. Frankly, he's still too young to feel the full effects of this war he's waging. When he does however, those pictures and gravesites will remind him of what it is he's fighting for, and the sacrifices he's already been forced to make....

When Gordon's son looks out and sees Batman bow his head... that's all the reference to Bruce's parents we need...

Bruce hasn't moved on, Nolan has, he wanted to tell a different story this time around. Thank god no flashback or "cemetery scene".

When Gordon's son looks out and sees Batman bow his head... that's all the reference to Bruce's parents we need...

Nice observation..... Also, I LOVE how they play the 'Thomas Wayne theme' when Gordon returns 'back from the dead' and gooes into his son's room....nice link there as well, no!?

Ummm, ya, Bruce's parents got the perfect balanced amount of coverage (well, Thomas Wayne did anyway) in B.B. - BUT, I would have liked a lil something in TDK - even a picture placed on the table when he was sitting without his mask after Rachel's death....

I dont get it. Could you elaborate?
Bruce hasn't moved on, Nolan has, he wanted to tell a different story this time around. Thank god no flashback or "cemetery scene".
Bruce has always been about his parents. Perhaps there could be a flashback abou them that is plot related. That could be the case if Hush was in the movie, or maybe if something his parents did relates to the current situation.

Anyway, i dont think that those of us in the "parents camp" are asking for another movie to focus on them, we just want a reference to them. Bruce is brooding and sad because he is obsessed about their murder. His whole mission is about not letting another child suffer like he did.

And if you think that a scene about Batman in front of the graves in full costume is cheesy, then you are WROOOOOONG (read that as in Kevin Spacey shouting in your ear). Because this is one of the most iconic scenes of the character. Whats next, the ears and the cape become cheesy?

There could have been a scene like this:
batman-my-parents-are-dead.gif

While a scene with Bruce visiting his parents' grave is preferable its not a necessity. Just a simple mention of his parents and why hes decided to fight crime is good enough for me.

was anyone surprised how throughout the whole movie they never mentioned bruce's parents and their murders? They played a big part in the first film i just thought it was wierd how they didnt even mention his parents. They usually mention the death of his parents in every batman movie because that was the spark that created him. Did anyone else find it wierd? Did they actually mention his parents in a subtle line or anything and i just missed it?

No, not really. Not that I noticed it but.. no, it doesn't surprise me that they didn't mention Bruce's parents.. plus, you got all these funny images mocking Batman for constantly remembering his parents' deaths and all that :oldrazz:

Go watch Batman Begins, storyline was much about them much as Bruce/Batman.

heh there were some funny images posted in this thread already :o I always post directly after reading the op..

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"