No Odinforce?

SatEL

Sidekick
Reaction score
No mention of the Odinforce in the movie? Don’t get me wrong I am not complaining just asking in case I missed any references to it?

No mention but they do say Odin needed to use the Odinsleep.

Odin is no where near as powerful as he is in the comics. I mean, comic book Odin wouldn't have to engage in combat with the Frost Giants. He'd just like, blow them all up with a flick of his wrist.

I think they had to though really. If he could blow up galaxies etc in the movies it'd be kinda boring. There would be no sense of danger.

It'd be cool if he faces of against Thanos though, have a display of his awesome power there.

Odin is no where near as powerful as he is in the comics. I mean, comic book Odin wouldn't have to engage in combat with the Frost Giants. He'd just like, blow them all up with a flick of his wrist.

I think they had to though really. If he could blow up galaxies etc in the movies it'd be kinda boring. There would be no sense of danger.

It'd be cool if he faces of against Thanos though, have a display of his awesome power there.

The same could be said about Odin's powers in the comics though. He could probabaly wipe out almost every threat to Asgard with a flick of his wrist but he never has. The Asgardians are by and large a physical people who would rather go toe to toe with an enemy. You see Odin sending troops to war and engaging himself way more often than winking enemies out of existence with a thought.

The same could be said about Odin's powers in the comics though. He could probabaly wipe out almost every threat to Asgard with a flick of his wrist but he never has. The Asgardians are by and large a physical people who would rather go toe to toe with an enemy. You see Odin sending troops to war and engaging himself way more often than winking enemies out of existence with a thought.

Very true

That's true. But he's still underpowered though, same as Thor. In the comics they don't need to use the Bifrost to travel dimensions for instance.

That's true. But he's still underpowered though, same as Thor. In the comics they don't need to use the Bifrost to travel dimensions for instance.

True that. But I just saw that as justification of one of the most fantastical elements of Thor, the Rainbow Bridge. I thought they did a good job of making the Bifrost seem cool within the movieverse. It also gave Heimdall a decent roll in the plot. The comics are kinda inconsistent on using the Bifrost to get to every realm. The simonson run seemed to use it to get from realm to realm but some writers only have it as a link between Asgard and Midgard.

Back on your point, Odin may have been underpowered but give the guy a break, he was sleepy. Thor's power levels hit all my fanboy sweet spots and I've been reading Thor for 20+ years. All that said, if they want to make Thor even more powerful in the Avengers, I won't be sad. :)

You think Thor was underpowered in this film??? :huh:

You're saying the opposite of what everybody else is saying about Thor's movie power levels.

You think Thor was underpowered in this film??? :huh:

You're saying the opposite of what everybody else is saying about Thor's movie power levels.
People are saying Thor was overpowered?

^^You could probably make that argument based on how he handled the Destroyer his arse (lots of people think he went down too easy) but really, that was Destroyer being underpowered not Thor being overpowered. I think Thor's power was treated just right.

JAK®;20531215 said:
People are saying Thor was overpowered?

Yep, mostly because of the Frost Giant battle and the Destroyer fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"