The Force Awakens No one expects the Inquistion! But should we?

godisawesome

Sidekick
Reaction score
This has been brought up before, but some of us seem to believe that Kylo Ren probably already holds a force-sensitive role in the Empire, and only becomes a Sith at the end. Meanwhile, the Rebels TV show has featured an Inquisitor as an official agent of the Empire.

Aside from Kylo, other suspected Inquistion members include his rumored master and Possibky the Chrome Trooper Phasma.

Should we expect the Inquisition to be a major Imperial faction post-Endor? And if so, what should they be like?

Also, to support the idea of at least the Chrometrooper being an Inquisitor, here's the concept art showing a lightsaber armed, cloaked Stormtrooper, and the photo that depicts a similarly cloaked Chrometrooper.
wpid-received_m_mid_1411580290416_f635063bade6d3b558_0.jpeg
lcomsxfseddigtixbd8f.jpg

Too be safe, I wouldn't post any leaked photos. I don't know if the Chrome Trooper is an Inquisitor, but I can see her being a low end Force User.

I mean I wouldn't be surprised if the emperor had a backup plan in case he and Vader got killed.

I don't think so. You have to look at the story from a stand point of crisis progression:

Episode IV- An Imperial Officer (Tarkin) and his muscle (Vader) who were inspired by frankenstein and his monster.

Episode V- Darth Vader the main characters father and a more powerful, better trained version of what our hero hopes to become.

Episode VI-III - The Emperor, the most powerful force user in the galaxy and a narrative stand in for satan.

This is why I believe a retconned Plagueis or another ancient Sith played by Andy Serkis' character would be the best fit. It automatically gives his character credibility as the greatest threat yet, even above the Galactic Emperor. Kylo seems to be his hopeful apprentice regardless of whom this character is.

Perhaps Christie is an inquisitor of sorts, however I think there will be too much going on with Gleeson and Ren, to flesh out Christie's character. She seems to be more of a personal antagonist for Finn.

I don't think so. You have to look at the story from a stand point of crisis progression:

Episode IV- An Imperial Officer (Tarkin) and his muscle (Vader) who were inspired by frankenstein and his monster.

Episode V- Darth Vader the main characters father and a more powerful, better trained version of what our hero hopes to become.

Episode VI-III - The Emperor, the most powerful force user in the galaxy and a narrative stand in for satan.

This is why I believe a retconned Plagueis or another ancient Sith played by Andy Serkis' character would be the best fit. It automatically gives his character credibility as the greatest threat yet, even above the Galactic Emperor. Kylo seems to be his hopeful apprentice regardless of whom this character is.

Perhaps Christie is an inquisitor of sorts, however I think there will be too much going on with Gleeson and Ren, to flesh out Christie's character. She seems to be more of a personal antagonist for Finn.

My only problem with this progression is that I don't think it goes with the grain of an Awakening, which seems to be the film's theme, and it also kind of lessons Palpatine's place as the absolute epoch of Sith power thus far. I'd rather have Kylo and Phasma demonstrate how Inquisitors are cogs in the imperial war machine, instead of its masters. Important cogs, but cogs nevertheless.

Then we see Kylo's grave robbery start to pay off, and eventually see a fresh start for the Sith, with him clearly growing in power, but being mostly self-taught. Phasma would then serve as a foil to judge his progress, and we'd witness the twin legacies of Vader become a new generation of heroes and villains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"