• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

No reviews yet for the new FF movie? Hmmm I smell

Bleeding Cool has tweets and reactions from the public from a screening. Mostly if not entirely positive
Didn't we already prove not to bother with those by showing the Green Lantern twitter reactions from its first screenings?

I want to hear these same people say they loved it so much they are gonna pay to see it again. They are seeing it for free & some with the cast in attendance. Of course early reactions wont be negative

Last edited:
On almost every website I've visited, when the positive Twitter reactions are posted, people keep bringing up Green Lantern. Yes it did get positive reaction and still did not fair well; it got slaughtered.

But nobody brings up the positive Twitter reactions to X-Men: DOFP, Cap 2 or GOTG. All had positive Twitter reactions and they all turned out great.

Hell, even The Wolverine had pretty good Twitter reactions and people kept bringing up Green Lantern and Origins. The Wolverine turned out to be a good flick.

Good Twitter reactions - Remember Green Lantern, movie will probably suck
Negative Twitter reactions - Told you so, movie sucks

Double Standard.

Last edited:
Grain of salt, obviously, but a commenter on that very article claims to have seen the film and says it's an even worse adaptation than we feared. I'm not convinced it's true, but if Thing really just gets rocky when emotional (Hulk, basically) I'm not buying a ticket or new home release from Fox until they give up on doing Fantastic Four themselves.

Either way Fox is losing money here. Because I doubt these same people or most of them at least that saw it for free. Will be paying to see it again. So this does hurt the Box Office

On almost every website I've visited, when the positive Twitter reactions are posted, people keep bringing up Green Lantern. Yes it did get positive reaction and still did not fair well; it got slaughtered.

But nobody brings up the positive Twitter reactions to X-Men: DOFP, Cap 2 or GOTG. All had positive Twitter reactions and they all turned out great.

Hell, even The Wolverine had pretty good Twitter reactions and people kept bringing up Green Lantern and Origins. The Wolverine turned out to be a good flick.

Good Twitter reactions - Remember Green Lantern, movie will probably suck
Negative Twitter reactions - Told you so, movie sucks

Double Standard.
Your absoletly right.

When studios pull stuff like this, its usually not a good sign. Sorry, but it just isn't. Initial screening tweets can also be a bit iffy as well.

ASM 2 had people tweeting that it was " The Next Dark Knight!" and that it was "The Best Spiderman film since Spiderman 2!" We all know how that turned out.

Now , the film could turn out to be decent to good in spite of what Fox is doing. If you want to see the film badly enough, then the reviews, either way, shouldn't matter to you.

That actually is old twitter reactions that other sites pick up and post.

Next thing to look forward to is UK's release tomorrow to just to get an idea.

But Rotten Tomatoes is what matters.

That actually is old twitter reactions that other sites pick up and post.

Next thing to look forward to is UK's release tomorrow to just to get an idea.

But Rotten Tomatoes is what matters.

The UK release is tomorrow ? Now that will be interesting if a bootlegg pops up online before the US release

It's already a bad sign when this movie probably only is a 1hr35min picture. Waaaay to short!! And it has to flesh out Four main characters. I only see bad Signs regarding this film now. I'm seeing it wednesday, and hope to god that i'll be surprised!

That's close to running time of first X-Men film.which was success and has a 82% fresh on rt.

That's close to running time of first X-Men film.which was success and has a 82% fresh on rt.

Agreed. It's roughly 1hr and 40 min without end credits. Sounds like an ok runtime to me.

if we're talkin runtime chronicle was actually shorter than this film and i thought the characters were developed pretty well

X Men is only 100 minutes? Damn, felt like a long movie to me.

Age of Ultron is longer and it didn't feel as long.

Should've been a 2 hour movie. It's more than likely a rushed film just like Chronicle.

Agreed. It's roughly 1hr and 40 min without end credits. Sounds like an ok runtime to me.

WRONG. It's 99 min 50 seconds INCLUDING credits.
The BBFC settled that last friday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"