The Dark Knight Nolan: "Running time comparable to the first film's 140 minutes"

Cherry coke is my favorite......mmmmmmmmmmmm

batman begins was by no means too long. audiences can have short attention spans, but film fans don't. the so-called "casual moviegoer" does. but i think TDK will bring in more than the "casual moviegoer." if it is as good as we all think it will be, then it'll be a critical darling, like begins, and bring in film fans as well as comic fans, as well as casual moviegoers.

TDK'll have more for the casual moviegoer than Begins IMO. Keep in mind that half of Begins was about how Bruce became Batman. TDK does not have to go through that, so I would expect there to be more action sequences. And that's what casual movie fans like to see :yay:

Hmmmm, I was hoping for something longer than 140 minutes. As long as it is not less than 140 mins I guess that is cool with me.

At least they didnt go the FF2 route.

That sounds like a good running time. With all the plot details we've seen and pics, I've been led to believe this would be a much longer film; I wonder how they are going to tie everything together to make it pretty much just as long as the first one.

Nice!! I'm glad it quite that long. The longer it is, the better. As long it not 4 hours, of course. ;)

Well that's pretty good! Just think: BB was technically just an hour or so of Batman, with the rest being Bruce wayne turning into Batman. So we're gonna have 140 minutes FULL of Batman!! :D

again. an interesting movie can be over 2 hours long and noeoen will care. if the movie is interesting the time flys by.

That's how it was with Batman Begins. It felt like everything had just rushed by. I couldn't believe it was over two hours.

Nice healthy runtime. I like it. Hopefully, the quality is there.

Great news but I really hope he goes for 150 or even 160. There are so many great characters in this film and they all should get their time. (Though hopefully they get it even if it's 130-140)

Story? What story? I remember only some bad, really bad acting and terrible jokes. What a crap.

Yeah, I was using the term very loosely and trying to be a little bit positive. My opinion of the movie got me into lots of trouble on the FF boards. :woot:

Thank God they won´t kill the story for fast pace´s sake - coughfoxcough...

As in, Return of The King Special Edition 4 hours long? The sheer length of that film traumatized me.

Yeah-after 3 hours I was ready for Frodo to just throw the freakin ring in Mount doom already.I could have done without the slow-mo lovefest at rivendell

no comic book film will be over three hours like LOTR was

Kinberg, Penn, and Ratner said Batman Begins was too long. Audiences have short attention spans remember?

That was one of the indicators that X-Men 3 was going to be garbage.

For goodness's sake, they sound like 3rd graders.

Props to Nolan for making a movie worth the $10 ticket!

from the MTV article:
"Nolan, who wrapped filming just two weeks ago, said he's shooting for a running time comparable to the first film's 140 minutes"

!!!!

Cool.

Do we have a link for this article ?????:cwink: :woot: :cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back