The Dark Knight Nolan: "Running time comparable to the first film's 140 minutes"

^ Yup, but 3 hours aint gonna happen, so let's stop dreaming! We more than likely have or selfs a 2:20 Hour movie here, and THAT'S reality! That's more than enough for me, and the movie will be very exiting, I'm sure!

Yeah-after 3 hours I was ready for Frodo to just throw the freakin ring in Mount doom already.I could have done without the slow-mo lovefest at rivendell
I hear ya, my friend! I understand that it matched the mood of the books very well (I've never read LOTR), but if it moves so slowly that you lose a good portion of your audience, I don't care if it matches the books!

I was watching ROTK in the theater and found myself really wanting to just push Frodo into the stupid boat so the movie would end. Aaaaagh.

I LOVED BB though. A few of my friends (who definitely aren't ADD) thought it was too slow in the beginning, but I was completely riveted. Depends on your tastes, even if you have a pretty long attention span.

I was surprised to find myself completely riveted watching The Godfather as well. The action scenes are few and far between, but they build up so much background that when then the action does happen, it really hits you.

Usually, I appreciate films that can manage to tell a compelling story in a shorter runtime. See The Fountain. This isn't because I have a short attention span; it's because the filmmaker has gone through an effort to slice off the fat and leave the meat: present the story in its most concentrated form.

In the case of The Dark Knight, however? This is a world I simply want more of - the immersive details are half the fun. So: another 2.5 hours of Nolan's Gotham? Sign. Me. Up. :D

^ and remember, last time they spend an hour mearly showing the origin (loved it though!). This time, it's Batman from the get go, and STILL it's a 2:20 hour movie! I have a feeling that it'll feel longer than Begins because of that factor; that aint necessarily a bad thing!!!;)

^ but evrey one wants 3 hrs....like king kong. only without the feeling of regret after. stupid monkey

Let's just give it the Roots treatment and have a four hour section every summer. :o

^ maybe not the full reveal but there are definitly Two-Face scenes in TDK

edit - hmm should've checked the link before replying. that guy seems pretty legit.

^ but evrey one wants 3 hrs....like king kong. only without the feeling of regret after. stupid monkey

Peter Jackson did justice to Kong, better than ever done before... he did what he could. Fact of the matter is that the whole story about King Kong IS boring as bad place!!! I found parts of King Kong to be very good, and lots of it to be totally lame. It just doesn't have enough "meat" on it to last those freaken three hours! The movie would have been just as good (and propably BETTER!), had it been a 2 hour movie! That's actually the scary part!

Anyway, I wouldn't have mind seeing a 3 hour Batman movie, but 2:20 is more than fine with me! I'm still not sure if it'll be BETTER than Begins, but I have no doubt that it'll be TONS more exiting and "fun"!

^ LOL, there is the ORIGINAL King Kong from '33 which, although the effects aren't quite as good, is still miles better than Jackson's overindulgent snorefest. Guess what, it was only 100 minutes.

Actually yeah, now that I think about it, it's a damn good length.

Even with [blackout]two villains, (though three at the end)[/blackout], it's awesome. I can tell he's really going to focus on both Bats and the Joker. It may be the Joker's film, per se, but this is Batman's series and Nolan knows it. ;)

call me stupid

but who are they????

seriously i didnt know bout 3

call me stupid

but who are they????

seriously i didnt know bout 3

We know Scarecrow is in it, at least near the beginning. Only other person I could think of that makes a third would be Maroni.

Oh yeah...your stupid lol. :woot:

We know Scarecrow is in it, at least near the beginning. Only other person I could think of that makes a third would be Maroni.

Oh yeah...your stupid lol. :woot:

thank you... lol

ya that makes sense with scarecrow. forgot bout him and the leaked picture he was in. i dont think maroni would work, cause no one really considered falcone as a villian. we only count the costumes.

thank you... lol

ya that makes sense with scarecrow. forgot bout him and the leaked picture he was in. i dont think maroni would work, cause no one really considered falcone as a villian. we only count the costumes.

I know, when I said Maroni I was grabbing at straws because I really can't think of another villain other than Joker, Two Face and Scarecrow.

Who knows maybe they might have a surprise for us or maybe Zsasz might get his ash kicked again lol.

lol

did zsasz have the scars on him? i never really noticed

I remember George Lucas said once that episode 3 would be the shortest of the three newer Star Wars...but he lied. Maybe Nolan is, or not.

I would prefer if they added an extra ten minutes to the 140 running time...but 140 is a good amount.

140 minutes would be perfect, even if ten minutes of that is credits, like with BB. Plus, I get really exited just thinking all of these two hours will be spent in Gotham with Bats and the Joker and the surrounding cast. As much as I loved the origin story in BB, I'm really happy we don't have to spend any more time crossing the Himalayas this time around. It's pure Gotham, baby! :word:

lol

did zsasz have the scars on him? i never really noticed

It's funny that you mention that. Last night I was watching Batman Begins with my gf and for the first time out of many times having watched it, I noticed he does have the scars on him.

Yeah, I know this is probably age old news for most, but for whatever reason I never noticed them til last night. There kinda hard to see in the first scene in the court room but they are there. A good shot of them is on the back of his next when he turns his head to look down the hall right after he leaves his cell in Arkham. In the court room scene look at his neck near his adams apple.

140 minutes would be perfect, even if ten minutes of that is credits, like with BB. Plus, I get really exited just thinking all of these two hours will be spent in Gotham with Bats and the Joker and the surrounding cast. As much as I loved the origin story in BB, I'm really happy we don't have to spend any more time crossing the Himalayas this time around. It's pure Gotham, baby!

I can't wait either. I also loved the origin story in BB but this movie we get Batman from the beginning.

usdec1.jpg
Off subject for a moment, Ric Rolling will get you banned...4reals. And Mr. Zsasz, looked like Ed Norton in American History X....minus Swastika.

usdec1.jpg
Off subject for a moment, Ric Rolling will get you banned...4reals. And Mr. Zsasz, looked like Ed Norton in American History X....minus Swastika.

Yeah, Zsasz looks pretty similar to Ed Norton but his head is a little pointy.

Now that I think about it...norton could play a convincing Zsasz, after seeing this film.

140 minutes would be perfect, even if ten minutes of that is credits, like with BB. Plus, I get really exited just thinking all of these two hours will be spent in Gotham with Bats and the Joker and the surrounding cast. As much as I loved the origin story in BB, I'm really happy we don't have to spend any more time crossing the Himalayas this time around. It's pure Gotham, baby! :word:

Yeah, BB dragged a bit in the beginning, but from the sound of it, this thing will do anything but drage. 140 minutes of pure Batman and Joker rollicking through Gotham? Sign me up.

I once again find myself in the minority. I enjoyed the origin told in Batman Begins, but it does get a bit boring for me. When I watch it, I sometimes find skipping many of the scenes within the first hour. I have the exact same problem with Superman: The Movie, the first hour of nothingness drains me to death. Now that we know Bruce Wayne and have looked into his psyche it's on with the show. We're going to get 2+ hours of Batman and the Joker in Gotham City(and Hong Kong), which is exactly what I want. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"